DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

I for one will be quite happy if ED have seen sense and have been beavering away on the Hornet to get TWS out at the same time as the F16.

Would be a nice start of the long, long road of earning back trust but I don’t expect they will do that as they don’t yet appear to have realised how much trust and goodwill they’ve managed to squander (they’ve certainly not apologised) so I predict a steady as she goes, bug fixes and more shizzle for the F16 and a bone or two thrown for the Hornet.

I hope to be surprised but expect to be underwhelmed.

The best way to deal with DCS updates really.

As for the whole 18/16 thing, the only real promise that was "temporarily" broken IMO was that the F16 development wouldn't impact the F18. The way I look at it, at least they were honest about pulling guys off the 18 for a few weeks to get the 16 out the door. And they have been saying for months that the remaining missing features on the hornet are rather complex so will need more time mature/fix/implement. The TWS being a fairly obvious one, currently in the F16 its just the radar/tracks, in the F18 its that PLUS how it integrates into mids and link16 as well which the F16 doesn't have so its going to take more time to do not to mention IFF.

Anyhow, I hope we get updates to both on friday or whenever we get them.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally would be happy if they threw us one, or two fixes at a time. External lights maybe? A de-sensitized trim? the the canopy actually attached to the railing. A radar gun sight? Something small. At least then you can see progress even in micro steps. Like building a lego airplane when we were kids. One block at a time, and eventually the thing gets put together. But this "lets put all these features in all at once, and miss deadlines until we get these 50 things in all at once is a bit disheartening. I personally would love to see the former, then the latter. This poor module needs alot of work ED it was released way to early. I love the viper. but Im starting to regret my purchase. Thing is I really don't want too.

As for the whole 18/16 thing, the only real promise that was "temporarily" broken IMO was that the F16 development wouldn't impact the F18. The way I look at it, at least they were honest about pulling guys off the 18 for a few weeks to get the 16 out the door. And they have been saying for months that the remaining missing features on the hornet are rather complex so will need more time mature/fix/implement. The TWS being a fairly obvious one, currently in the F16 its just the radar/tracks, in the F18 its that PLUS how it integrates into mids and link16 as well which the F16 doesn't have so its going to take more time to do not to mention IFF.

No. It's not the remaining "missing" features or systems it's the lack of finished current features (GPS INS, TGP, radar, weapons like the jdam, harpoon, harm, HUD symbology, flight and drag model etc.) that should have been done a long time ago. But that's another story.

• ED Team

Please stick to patch note discussion here,

The team are planning for a patch this week still, when we know for sure we will let you all know.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Yup. I’m underwhelmed.

ED, can we get some more information on what the INS implementaion includes? Does that mean I can now add waypoints from a cold start? Or something else?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yup. I’m underwhelmed.

Yeah, we've noticed. Like a thousand times already during the last week or so. So may I courteously suggest a change of tack? I.e. we take your underwhelmness as a default state of mind and you'll only post again when and if it ever eases up, since this would save both your keyboard and our nerves from premature wear and tear. What say?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Go jump on DCS and try lol :music_whistling:

Can't for a few days unfortunately. So I have to live vicariously. :)

• ED Team
I didn't notice any fixes for F-18C CCIP broken after inputting ripple interval data. Could it be that the fix was not documented, or still broken?

Yes, should be fixed, not sure why it wasnt added to the notes.

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi, Is the F16 available for everyone yet or just for Beta users?

The F-16C is only available on Open Beta.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I posted elsewhere on this but didn’t get an answer. Does anyone know what the new uncage AIM-9 behaviour in the Viper is? As mentioned in today’s patch notes.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Having an issue with installing after download, anybody else having an issue?

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Having an issue with installing after download, anybody else having an issue?

Didn’t have an issue at all on this side. Maybe try a repair before updating?

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

After three downloads, two repairs I finally got it to work by using Skatezilla's Utility App. Issue was occurring during the cleanup phase of the update. In any event all seems well now.

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

After three downloads, two repairs I finally got it to work by using Skatezilla's Utility App. Issue was occurring during the cleanup phase of the update. In any event all seems well now.

Thanks for letting us know!

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria