DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

Maybe six times the charm? :music_whistling:

It is crazy though. :doh:

...then there's this really bad bug where my aircraft falls out of the sky in flames every time there's a bandit...

I'm really looking forward to all the new features I'm not going to use any time soon because I'm still trying to catch up with all the features already available. The carrier, especially. Can't wait to watch the deck crew dive overboard for safety during my pathetically inadequate attempts to land.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DEVELOPERS AND THE REST OF THE ED STAFF!!! THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!

What is ridiculous is the people who are not appreciative of the hard work and dedication you all are putting into this SIM. Each month the sim experience gets better and better. Sure, there are a few bugs that get missed here and there. However, when they're critical - you guys are on point and quickly get the resolution out to the community.

ED/DCS World has given me the opportunity to create a fun YouTube channel with content that I enjoy and have an extreme interest in. The complexity and realism the sim provides is so awe inspiring when you stop to think that this is still only a small glimpse into the world of real aviators and military operators. Without your efforts, we'd still be on "the other guys simulators" which simply don't make par.

I have said it before and I will say it again. You all are doing a fantastic job. I can't imagine what a pain in the ass some of these features are to develop and then listening to 'some people' complain that your efforts aren't good enough. That has to get hard to read/hear after awhile. I'm pretty sure I speak for the MAJORITY of the DCS World community when I say Thank You for all that you do! Keep up the great work and we'll continue to be patient and appreciative.

We are all very excited about the features that we have been made aware of. Have a great week guys/gals!!

- OverKill

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

https://www.youtube.com/c/OverKillSims

What is ridiculous is the people who are not appreciative of the hard work and dedication you all are putting into this SIM. Each month the sim experience gets better and better. Sure, there are a few bugs that get missed here and there. However, when they're critical - you guys are on point and quickly get the resolution out to the community.

ED/DCS World has given me the opportunity to create a fun YouTube channel with content that I enjoy and have an extreme interest in. The complexity and realism the sim provides is so awe inspiring when you stop to think that this is still only a small glimpse into the world of real aviators and military operators. Without your efforts, we'd still be on "the other guys simulators" which simply don't make par.

I have said it before and I will say it again. You all are doing a fantastic job. I can't imagine what a pain in the ass some of these features are to develop and then listening to 'some people' complain that your efforts aren't good enough. That has to get hard to read/hear after awhile. I'm pretty sure I speak for the MAJORITY of the DCS World community when I say Thank You for all that you do! Keep up the great work and we'll continue to be patient and appreciative.

We are all very excited about the features that we have been made aware of. Have a great week guys/gals!!

- OverKill

+1

Couldn't agree more with you here.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

- OverKill

Let them post.... ED will get so pissed at them, they will introduce a loot system. Want to shoot that aim-54??? either pay 4.99 for a pack of 4(not enough for a full loadout need the $8.99 set) or fly and kill things for EXP to level up.

but i bet they will still complain about not faster updates or bugs

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

You know, I find people who are complaining about a (at least in its basics) free product most annoying.

What I find equally annoying are these "praise the developers, blame the complaining people and whatnot" whining posts.

Neither are necessary, neither deliver any additional value and neither are interesting for anyone.

Ryzen 3700X, 2080ti, 32GB, HP Reverb, Rift S, Thrustmaster Warthog, Crosswind, SFX-100 motion rig :thumbup:

You know, I find people who are complaining about a (at least in its basics) free product most annoying.

What I find equally annoying are these "praise the developers, blame the complaining people and whatnot" whining posts.

Neither are necessary, neither deliver any additional value and neither are interesting for anyone.

+1

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

Plato

- OverKill

+1

Couldn't agree more with you here.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Judging by Mr. Grey's response to a Reddit post they do listen to whining. Which is smart. Within that whining is a passion for this product and some well founded grievances. Now I hope ED doesn't get discouraged, demoralized, or personally insulted or hurt by the whining. But it is a resource for them.

Only listening to the positive results in an echo chamber and a feedback loop that only reinforces their perspective which may not always be the best.

• ED Team

Hi all

We listen to all feedback.

But please keep this thread for patch note discussion.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Yeah not being able to read stuff in the pit without cockpit lighting on during the day for some modules is... Frustrating...

Agree, cockpits are too dark in the daytime, not very comparable to the actual daylight cockpit lighting in the USAF fighters that I flew 50 years ago. But the visual detail is great on my 3440x1440 monitor. Very impressed with the graphic details in DCS.

Edited by Bob1943

Seriously, I was excpecting a big fat rant here... but I have to +1 your kudos. Even though there are issues and there always will be some, ED and their partners are doing a brilliant job. Just look at what whe have already and all the nice little things that do work. And it gets better with every ever so little update. DCS is a product, totally hidden in a niche market, that managed to live on for over 10 years and will survive even longer for sure thanks to the enthusiastic guys who literally spend their lives on making DCS better behind it.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Will the lighting changes planned for 2.5.6 affect daytime lighting at all, or are they purely nighttime changes? Any day changes planned for the new lighting scheme/configuration?

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Will the lighting changes planned for 2.5.6 affect daytime lighting at all, or are they purely nighttime changes? Any day changes planned for the new lighting scheme/configuration?

There is at least new reflection effects on sea, according to the latest pics and videos

I wonder why is this patch called 2.5.6 instead of 2.6 since those changes appear to be wuite big.

2.5.6 - I believe it is the initial version of the new effects (WIP).

2.6.0 - the final version of the new effects.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

2.6 is probably reserved for the Vulkan implementation

F-14B, F-16, F-18C, A-10C, F-5E, F-86, FC3, BF-109, FW-190, P-51, Spitfire, UH-1,AJS-37 Viggen, MIG-15, MIG-19, MIG-21, AV-8B Harrier, P-47D

Persian Gulf, Caucuses, NTTR, Normandy, The Channel, Syria

Combined Arms, WWII Assets,Super Carrier

TM Warthog, Virpil VFX,BuddyFox UFC, Saitek Pro Flight quadrant & Switch Panel, Odyssey+ VR, Jet Pad w/ SSA, Voice Attack w/Viacom Pro

GeForce RTX2080TI OC, Intel Core i7-7700K 4.5Ghz, 64GB DDR4, Dedicated 1TB SSD

I wonder why is this patch called 2.5.6 instead of 2.6 since those changes appear to be wuite big.

ive wondered myself what the criteria is for an increment/ version numbering convention...

is it whatever they feel like, or dependent on number of lines of code changed, number of fixes... or something else?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Agree, cockpits are too dark in the daytime, not very comparable to the actual daylight cockpit lighting in the USAF fighters that I flew 50 years ago. But the visual detail is great on my 3440x1440 monitor. Very impressed with the graphic details in DCS.

...that you flew 50 years ago?! Damn, hats off to you, Sir!

i7-6850K | GTX1080 | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Pro

• ED Team

Hi all,

Just to keep you all informed,

we are planning for the end of the week for the patch, however we do have some last minute issues to work out.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2