DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

He doesn't need to be. You could at least have read the posts from TODAY to find your answer.

@BIGNEWY

I have a suggestion, count how many times there was a question like "Patch today/this week" after the last patch release and multiply it by one week -> thats your new release date for the next patch and that gives you plenty of time for building/testing the next patch :smilewink: Keep up your good work :beer:

:thumbup:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Lenux

Does he need to be? its just sensible to read posts in a thread before you start contributing and asking questions.

+1000 Don't be lazy and read the post's first, otherwise to blatantly just post is quite ignorant and wastes time reading the same thing over and over ( which seen a lot of recently with people reporting bugs, harrier lighting and invisible KC130 aircraft to name two that have already been reported yet just bounce into the forums and start a new topic on the same thing - wasting peoples time).

Also not quite sure why people are asking constantly for an update and will it be out today, its a pointless waste of your energy. Things are broken but asking multiple times and pressuring isn't going to help the situation for anyone. Personally i would not ask until saturday, give them the week at least lol (and yes its painful as MP is broken along with many other aspects but still).

Lastly great job on the new lighting textures never seen the Georgia or PG look so realistic at sun down / sunrise (pity is affected cockpit maps and NVG but im sure that will be sorted). Credit where credit is due.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

Any word on a fix for the JF-17 crashes happening with MK-83s and 84s? Doesnt happen with 82s strangely enough and it only happens online. I just didn't know if you guys at ED knew about it yet. Thanks!

Specs: Ryzen 9 3900x | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-fi) | 32Gb Gskill TridentZ Ram | EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 | Corsair H150i AIO

***According to DCS Twitter Feed,Patch comes out Tomorrow with Ka-50 update***

"DCS Helicopter Bundle Sales & New Ka-50 Cockpit! PS! The free KA-50 Cockpit update comes out tomorrow, Thursday Feb 20! We decided to release the video one d...

youtube.com"

Patrick

mini.gif

No I am not a moderator but I just don't understand why people are asking questions which have already been answered by ED. That makes me very tired

Okay, mea culpa, guys

I apologize. I should read it, before ...

:D

Edited by Lenux

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

LOL....I'm a bit befuttled by all of this. Everyone is about rolling back and complaining about the update. I get that it can be frustrating. I myself am not particularly happy about many things in DCS at this time. BUT!!!! This whole beta thing is pretty self explanatory to me. (Simple as my mind is.) It's a test platform designed to give users the opportunity to help. ED has made this pretty plane.

Common sense dictated to me that I have the Beta installed for those stellar updates that just blow me away, and I have the stable version installed for when the beta is pretty much sucking wind. Am I crazy or what? I don't have to roll anything back or complain. I have a stable, running version to revert back to.

You guys cannot tell me that because this that or the other wasn't implemented to your satisfaction that you can't just go to the stable version and just wait. That's like the little kid that want's the shiny balloon in the window because the shiny balloon in his hand isn't in the window. You guys praise everything DCS does until you see that shiny balloon that's out of your reach and you won't be happy with what you have until you get that other balloon. Download the perfectly fine balloon that you already have and play with it for a while longer.

BUT!!!! This whole beta thing is pretty self explanatory to me. (Simple as my mind is.) It's a test platform designed to give users the opportunity to help. ED has made this pretty plane.

Common sense dictated to me that I have the Beta installed for those stellar updates that just blow me away, and I have the stable version installed for when the beta is pretty much sucking wind. Am I crazy or what? I don't have to roll anything back or complain. I have a stable, running version to revert back to.

You guys cannot tell me that because this that or the other wasn't implemented to your satisfaction that you can't just go to the stable version and just wait. That's like the little kid that want's the shiny balloon in the window because the shiny balloon in his hand isn't in the window. You guys praise everything DCS does until you see that shiny balloon that's out of your reach and you won't be happy with what you have until you get that other balloon. Download the perfectly fine balloon that you already have and play with it for a while longer.

Exactly. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: I could not have said it better. If you want to have your cake and eat it then by all means have two separate installs of the stable and open beta versions. It's not that hard. :doh:

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

...common sense ain't that common. ;)

Hehe... "common" sense these days seems to be ignorance and idiocy :no_sad:

R5 2600 @4.2 GHZ, 16GB ram @ 3133, 1060 6GB at 2100 and 4400 970 Evo, TM16000M FCS Flight Pack and old eyes. Just an old Hillbilly that does what he wants when he wants...if I can get out of bed!

Hehe... "common" sense these days seems to be ignorance and idiocy :no_sad:

Amen to that.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

You're right, it's hard to focus on testing new features when it turns out that many previous ones don't work properly. Of course, this is a Beta, but many of these errors are so visible that it is difficult to overlook them in internal tests - if any. I have to admit it is frustrating and sometimes I get nervous too. Now I am patiently waiting for Friday and the first fixes to 2.5.6, because flying after the last patch costs me too much health :).

For example: F-18 when connected to a catapult (letter "U"), DCS freezes, the dedicated server also freezes.

Of course I wish ED and DCS World everything I can because I love playing this game with my friends.

Edited by padonis

But are we still testing “New” features when (sometimes) several things take a step or two backwards?

The only flaw in that process you describe is that they don't have a large enough internal testing group to try new stuff and debug, especially in MP. They rely on end users, actual customers to try out their additions and changes. And, yes, with some additions, others degrade.

This is not the rule in the entertainment industry, at all. And I've seen this type of "public beta testing" backlash badly elsewhere. But, it is what it is. And you are not forced to use the Open Beta at all.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

You’re absolutely correct in saying that about OB....

But, how can we dissect aircraft systems if there’s a flaw in the core game that causes MP crashes? How can we dissect core game items if there are graphics glitches that make nominal operations impossible because objects can’t be seen?

IOW, nothing exists in a vacuum so how best to isolate individual issues as long as multiple layers of DCS are in flux?

Total wishful thinking, but it might be better to develop separate branches of OB with:

- Aircraft Development (Graphics might be rough, but who cares if the new systems introduced work?)

- Core Game Development (Aircraft might be rough but who cares if ground units properly avoid buildings, SAM belts behave in an integrated fashion, the AI is useful and the server doesn’t crash?)

Graphic Development (Aircraft might be rough and systems might be basic but who cares if all the lighting and atmospherics are making steady progress and the fidelity of the world is improving?)

People could choose to participate (or not) in one or all of the above branches and feel like they’re making concrete contributions on specific things and not have to continuously wonder whether something is actually not working on its own or being caused by an unrelated aspect.

If wishes were horses...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

I can't find where in the Update Patch Notes ED asked for advices on how to run business or what to do with OB. Just report and move on.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

If we’re responsible for trouble shooting the product, then we should be granted at least a little latitude to discuss the overall process. God forbid anyone might offer a suggestion to streamline or better focus things.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

If we want to play MP, we are practically compelled to use OB, as most of the servers run on it, so please guys don't tell us that we can just use stable instead.

It's is only a valid point for SP.

+1

Especially since most errors, for example with radar or RWR, can be seen on MP and not SP.

• ED Team

Hi all

We are working hard to get the patch out today, if all goes well you will see the patch notes first.

Thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2