DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that another program? How can I view that new stuffs too?

I exclusively run the stable build of DCS (2.5.5), but it should be the same for the 2.5.6 OB

Find your main DCS World installation folder (not in Saved Games) -> bin -> modelviewer2.exe

Once open click on load model (top-left corner) and find a model to load. Most models are found within Bazar -> World -> Shapes

For others look in CoreMods -> aircraft -> *aircraft name* -> Shapes

There's also tech -> John C Stennis/RailwayObjects/TechWeaponPack -> Shapes

The AH-1G and that UH-60 with the wings has actually been present in the modelviewer for quite some time (at least since DCS 1.5 IIRC), just never implemented. There's also a PT-76B and a Ropucha class LST (which is a more recent addition).

You can also test animations & textures - it's a super useful program, you can even see models for stores yet to be implemented, such as ATFLIR, SLAM-ER, Mk-40 etc.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Hi I can defenetly confirm that the FPS drop is still there (Starting from Batumi in VR with oculus rift, ATI 1080TI, driver version 442.19), but I noticed that's ok for Persian Gulf map (But maybe it's only better because there are less objects).

Maybe it depends on the caucasus map?

Is ED still investigating this issue?

Edited by Topper81

My guess is that there's still some work to do to iron out this stuff.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I'm not using VR, and my framerate in the previous version was quite bad, but in this newest version is very, very, very much improved. I went TWO steps up on view distance and still I have better FPS than I did previously, especially in Dubai!

So thanks for this update, ED!

I'm not using VR, and my framerate in the previous version was quite bad, but in this newest version is very, very, very much improved. I went TWO steps up on view distance and still I have better FPS than I did previously, especially in Dubai!

So thanks for this update, ED!

What are your PC specs and what are and have been your in-game graphics settings?

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Some new models added with previous patch. But they are not in game yet.

SpFXzFW.jpg

ermO0eN.jpg

That models has present on DCS from Ka-50/A-10C, the AH-1G never was implemented as the AH-1W, and the UH-60 with ESSS has maintain on the shadows. Only has been a texture update, no a new 3D model or funtionality, the same situation, has been with hundred of other 3D models with ED "update" on any new patch, from Lomac, Ka-50, A-10C, 1,25, 1.5 and 2.0. Only a little quantity has "new".

Edited by Silver_Dragon

That models has present on DCS from Ka-50/A-10C. Only has been a texture update, no a new 3D model or funtionality, the same situation, has been with hundred of other 3D models with ED "update" on any new patch. Only a little quantity has "new".

Oh, I didn't know they were there for such a long time. Thanks for clarification.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deleted

Edited by Firebird1955
Asked and answered.............TY

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

Can we expect hotfix today or not? Just call it so we can manage our free time properly.

:music_whistling:..........:megalol:

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

• ED Team

DCS Open Beta 2.5.6.43931 hotfix

Crash at login without authorization data fixed

Multiplayer memory leak on carrier fixed

A-10A and A-10C: taxi lights fixed

Ka-50: IT-23 now can't be adjusted without electric power

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Great news on the hot fix.

I pray it would fix my "Someone logged into your account from a different machine" related crash.

Downloading already.

Ed

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Hot fix did not fix the CAT issue. Take off from the carrier and land again. Try to connect to CAT 3 and it will throw you around and damage your jet.

It also takes multiple U key hits to connect to the CATs. Also, that text on the left and right screen is still there. Main: Static:

Edited by BoneDust

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Hot fix did not fix the CAT issue. Take off from the carrier and land again. Try to connect to CAT 3 and it will throw you around and damage your jet.

It also takes multiple U key hits to connect to the CATs. Also, that text on the left and right screen is still there. Main: Static:

Didn't fix much in my option. I fact it seems to be worse. Nevada performance is awful and unplayable out of Nellis around Vegas. Everywhere else not bad but Nellis "Unplayable".

Aircraft still floating in Multiplayer sessions in VR the remembrance of a test menu on the screen. Someone forget to take it out. Never seen this before?

Screen_200221_140625.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tanker now responds with altitude and airspeed when asking for rejoin. :thumbup:

This is one of the small changes very much appreciated! ajmug.png

And it wasn't even on the list pc-fcheeks.png

----------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: My performance went up a bit, doing around 30fps now. Still not the 45 I had, but better than just 22fps. And almost stutter free.

And because of the performance issues I just checked the VR options to see if something might have changed (especially PD), and I've come across this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=228302&stc=1&d=1582325586

Didn't test it yet (was off initially), but when it does what I suppose it to do, this board doesn't have a big enough font setting to say...

Thank you! 01-tia_claps.gif

This will make using the VR controllers so much easier as we don't have to carefully watch where we'd place the right one to rest anymore and not worry about it triggering any switches. Definately the best of those undocumented changes for me icon_exclaim.gif

dcs-256-vr-hand-option.jpg.1f0aa03034702d5af0415a755fa62567.jpg

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Been meaning to ask, what's with the ponies?

The Flying Kiwis (TFK)

Ryzen 5600X on water, RX6800, 32GB 3200, m.2 boot, 2TB EVO,  Rift S, Warthog HOTAS + TFRP, flight chair with bass shakers.

AH-64D || A-10IIC || F/A-18C || UH-1 || F-16C || Mig-29 || Spitfire mk.ix || Fw190A8 || Fw190D9 || P-51D || Ka-50 || Mi-8 || Mi-24P || bf109k-4 || P-47 || Mosquito || Combined Arms

Persian Gulf || Normandy || Nevada || Syria

Supercarrier || NS430