DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not true, CN flight manual is updated. :P

Oh perfect, that's what I've been waiting for. Not broken MSI, or fixes to the Aim-120. well Good thing I only have to wait till next week to see if they finally work on it. OH Wait, now its two weeks. :mad:

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

@This is beta, it is unstable and I simply do not understand why do you make missions for it.

I'm not sure anyone has complained about that. But surely if issues come up in the openbeta, they should be reported - isn't that the point? The concern, of course, is that they are not resolved and just go on to stable anyway.

(E.g. label transparency :(, which was broken over a year ago and has still not been fixed.)

Edited by Hippo

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Trying to update but it says that my version is the latest one i.e. no update yet, even though the notes are out. Is this something on my end only?

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Same here, Can't login to open beta

If I try to repair the install it says the version isn't available.

00003.413 ERROR: Version 2.5.6.44266 is not available.

Getting really tired of this

Edited by Ashcroft

i9 10900X & 5700XT

VPC WarBRD, TM F18C, VPC Alpha, VPC T50CM2 Throttle, TM TFRP Pedals, Oculus Rift S

I'm not sure anyone has complained about that. But surely if issues come up in the openbeta, they should be reported - isn't that the point? The concern, of course, is that they are not resolved and just go on to stable anyway.

(E.g. label transparency :(, which was broken over a year ago and has still not been fixed.)

Of course bugs in open beta should be reported. I'm just saying we should wait stable release before complaining about bug reports not resolved.

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

@ataribaby This is beta, it is unstable and I simply do not understand why do you make missions for it. I would never invest my time to fix stuff broken in beta. They maybe fix the bugs and you just end up with wasted time exploring workarounds.

No it is not like real beta. DCS stable is just older Beta pushed into stable with same bugs. Nevertelss whole online community uses Beta as stable. That's probably not ED problem as we caused this as community.

The update is not officially even out....

You don't have the patience to wait for the update to be officially out, yet you are ready to complain.... you are the reason most of the community is just ignored or not taken seriously....

Don't even at me.... you should be mad at yourself

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Heya, after update...266, virus alert again and cannot log in !! Man, what are they doing??

CU you in the * AIR *  ^AirWolf

PC > BE QUIIET Power 1000 W ATX 3.0 * ROG STRIX Z690-F * i7-12700 KF * DDR5-6000 64 GB * M.2 980 EVO PRO 2 TB * RX 7900 XTX 24 MB XFX MERC 310 BLACK EDITION  *

You don't have the patience to wait for the update to be officially out, yet you are ready to complain.... you are the reason most of the community is just ignored or not taken seriously....

Well..

If I hadn´t gone into this forum, but simply had started the sim, then I would have ben greeted with a box telling that an updatre is available, and offcourse I would have updated, only to fing the very same.

But You are right - it´s probably getting fixed very soon, when it is official.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

The Patchnotes are out, and as soon as I start DCS it auto updates via their own updater....

So... it's my fault, that it's broken?

Seems legit ;)

The Patchnotes are out, and as soon as I start DCS it auto updates via their own updater....

So... it's my fault, that it's broken?

Seems legit ;)

I do not know what are you doing. I've tried to enforce update without luck, it's not live yet.

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

updated and now cant play as I cant log in and it has disabled all of my modules.... brilliant

Same here, Can't login to open beta

If I try to repair the install it says the version isn't available.

00003.413 ERROR: Version 2.5.6.44266 is not available.

Getting really tired of this

Heya, after update...266, virus alert again and cannot log in !! Man, what are they doing??

updated and now cant play as I cant log in and it has disabled all of my modules

I guess this demonstrates the value of the OB now. Not sure how t was not detected during closed testing. ED will get it resolved.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I feel you have done a good work in finding bugs.

Start a new thread with your 10 biggest issues in priority, after your opinion. Then let's see the comment's from others. After some time, you can make a vote, to see if the rest of us agree with you.

Purpose: To find the biggest and most annoying bugs.

It differs between comunities and use so the happy medium is hard to find, nevertheless there are crossovers. Also polls tend to be slanted towards those that engage with the community and look at DCS every day passionately, so most likely would miss some groups. Having said that in simplistic terms;

• Light users of DCS are intested in the obvious superficial details, visuals, lighting, immersion, completeness, configuration.
  • Multiplayer PvP players in balancing (eg missiles, performance data, equality), performance
  • Server admins in server performance, script availability, tools and bugs
  • Enthusiasts in accuracy, detail of aircraft modules
  • Scripters, content providers and modders in Core bugs, ME bugs, changes.

So, whilst you could, for example, post that the "floating Statics issue" was the most important to all groups, because statics are a decorative, visual used in both quick start, lessons and DLC, affect content creators and scripting alike, I have a different opinion based on a top down impact approach, in that the core of the game content is supplied by a small minority of people writing public missions or holding public servers and that these people actually keep the fan base loyal because they provide things to do after everyone has seemingly learned how to fly offline and consumed the missions and module content.

Some might say this is a very subjective and limited view because every type of DCS user "catagory" (simplistic view) is valuable and the iceberg effect of the vast silent majority of the single player market is the thing mostly sustaining DCS ecomonically. However I disagree with that view!

The DCS model is about getting the community to propel its own testing, marketing and content by providing a sandbox and mission editor, open source code in places, allowing 3rd parties to develop and allowing moddable content and a searchable user file repository for skins, units and missions. The people that matter are those people and the squadrons and events organisers and to a certain extent Social Media contributors and YT/twitch. Everyone of these people rely on making NEW content to keep DCS interesting. And by keeping people playing day after day in Multiplayer on interesting servers doing events, people stay and buy more modules to play with.

And if you are still with me, the top of that community pyramid are the enablers who make content to use, whether it's a Squadron leader, Server admin, YouTube channel, skinner, modder, addon creator or scripter. You ignore these people and wreck their days at your peril! Because if they get fedup with DCS the entire pyramid comes crashing down, people lose interest, servers get worse, communities get fragmented and the self propelling style of DCS comes to a halt in between module releases. And trust me, get out of the habit of playing DCS daily and it is not like riding a bike!

So, put simply, I'd like to see airbase id's solved as a priority; else I'll be taking a break, the MOOSE channel can go to hell and peoples scripting questions can get unanswered, AI CAP can blow up on the floor, Migs can carry on spawning in at McCarran! The server admins can sit there scratching their heads, reducing their available time, ruling out playing on NTTR or using it, because it's so broken, the servers can be taken offline to roll back again, the YT'rs can have nothing to play on, the Blue Flags and the others servers with scripts can roll back again and split the community between 2.5.6 and 2.5.5 and stable (whatever version that is) and finally the players can complain about X server, and the entire thing comes tumbling down and no one watches or cares when the Super Carrier is released because they are playing something else for a break! :) Top down... core first and foremost.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Don't even at me.... you should be mad at yourself

I don't go check a forum whenever my games want to update themselves. If it "isn't out yet" then maybe the game should know that itself.

This is why apologists aren't taken seriously

i9 10900X & 5700XT

VPC WarBRD, TM F18C, VPC Alpha, VPC T50CM2 Throttle, TM TFRP Pedals, Oculus Rift S