DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;4234847']There were much bigger priorities for the team than adding new features to the Hornet guys' date=' get with the programme![/quote']

They evidently had those bigger priorities for the last four months. I don't care that they fixed lighting TBH, that was their choice. They say they have different teams working on different items but its hard to believe, when module development stalls like this.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

I don't go check a forum whenever my games want to update themselves. If it "isn't out yet" then maybe the game should know that itself.

This is why apologists aren't taken seriously

3.0 Licence Conditions from EULA:

3.2 You acknowledge that the Program has not been developed to meet your individual requirements and that it is therefore your responsibility to ensure that the facilities and functions of the Program as described in the Documentation meet your requirements.

3.3 You acknowledge that the Program may not be free of errors or bugs and you agree that the existence of any minor errors shall not constitute a breach of this Licence.

Using Open Beta, would imply: " . . . it is therefore your responsibility to ensure that the facilities and functions of the Program as described in the Documentation meet your requirements."

Those sections from the EULA might provide some guidance.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

As per my usual spiel for each OB release:

Update > Repair > Delete fxo & metashaders2 folders

I was able to log in just fine, and all modules are available just fine.

Maybe those users who experience false positives and potential quarantined files (and thus maybe run into issues with DCS modules all of a sudden appearing to be disabled) should finally exclude their DCS installation folder from their virus scanner...?

Might be a consideration.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

So, put simply, I'd like to see airbase id's solved as a priority; else I'll be taking a break, the MOOSE channel can go to hell and peoples scripting questions can get unanswered, AI CAP can blow up on the floor, Migs can carry on spawning in at McCarran! The server admins can sit there scratching their heads, reducing their available time, ruling out playing on NTTR or using it, because it's so broken, the servers can be taken offline to roll back again, the YT'rs can have nothing to play on, the Blue Flags and the others servers with scripts can roll back again and split the community between 2.5.6 and 2.5.5 and stable (whatever version that is) and finally the players can complain about X server, and the entire thing comes tumbling down and no one watches or cares when the Super Carrier is released because they are playing something else for a break! :) Top down... core first and foremost.

Please ED. Pikey here brings up the major difference between DCS and other flight games. DCS separates itself from the rest largely because of what people can do with MP scripting. Look at how many - sorry few people play the other WWII flight sim online compared to DCS. The game will die on the vine if MP is reduced to simple boring missions.

So that was a "update"? Nothing for Hornet again? And again...and again.

So why not wait until the next update? You made it sound as if there's no more updates - but ED usually makes more updates, again, and again... and again.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

So why not wait until the next update? You made it sound as if there's no more updates - but ED usually makes more updates, again, and again... and again.

I am waiting...for almost 2 years. And i will keep waiting, i dont have a choice. But there will not be another buying for EA product, Hornet was the last for me.

Look at how many - sorry few people play the other WWII flight sim online compared to DCS. The game will die on the vine if MP is reduced to simple boring missions.

But look at how few people play DCS online. Going by the numbers I'd say the vast majority of people play offline, because if they had to rely on the couple of thousand ( very generous estimate ) of online players for new income ED just wouldn't be able to survive.

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

Wags sent 3 viper mini update since 1 month and any for the hornet. So Don’t expect something about F18c in this update. It’s not the priority at this time.

We have to wait as usual.

LIERALLY THE LAST UPDATE THEY FIXED THE GUNSIGHT JITTER AND GAVE YOU THE OPTION TO CHEEK MOUNT THE POD PLUS AMRAAMS GOT A SLIGHT BUFF.

Edited by DD_Fenrir

I am waiting...for almost 2 years. And i will keep waiting, i dont have a choice. But there will not be another buying for EA product, Hornet was the last for me.

I did same

Wags sent 3 viper mini update since 1 month and any for the hornet. So Don’t expect something about F18c in this update. It’s not the priority at this time.

We have to wait as usual.

You have to wait as viper has the priority

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

• ED Team

Teams are working on the viper and hornet and we will have feature news soon, however we did not want to introduce new features until 2.5.6 is more stable.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

LIERALLY THE LAST UPDATE THEY FIXED THE GUNSIGHT JITTER AND GAVE YOU THE OPTION TO CHEEK MOUNT THE POD PLUS AMRAAMS GOT A SLIGHT BUFF.

Yes, yes but what have they done for us lately? :megalol:

(that was sarcasm, I agree with you btw).

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).