DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

• ED Team

All in good time, If ED release 2 patches for different branches on the same day it would most likely overload the servers.

Give it some more time and we will see a patch to beta soon.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok please for some clarification, does today's stable branch patch only bring it in line to the open beta? Or is the stable now a patch ahead than the open beta?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

• ED Team
Ok please for some clarification, does today's stable branch patch only bring it in line to the open beta? Or is the stable now a patch ahead than the open beta?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

same

you can always check here if in doubt

http://updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

:) Bybe, bye Open Beta (no space on SSD). This time only because of PG and F/A18-C

Don't understand what you mean. Why bye bye OB? It's the same build as the release version!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Don't understand what you mean. Why bye bye OB? It's the same build as the release version!

Hi,

Stable = SSD (much quicker loading missions or open the Mission Editor)

OB = normal drive

I guess there are a lot of players like me with a 250 GB SSD and that is only good enough for Windows and DCS Stable

Hi,

Stable = SSD (much quicker loading missions or open the Mission Editor)

OB = normal drive

I guess there are a lot of players like me with a 250 GB SSD and that is only good enough for Windows and DCS Stable

I understand that, but you're only saying bye bye till the next patch to OB. Then you're back to where you were!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

:) Bybe, bye Open Beta (no space on SSD). This time only because of PG and F/A18-C

Edit ##############

After the update I have had to copy

E:\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\PersianGulf

E:\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C

to

C:\DCS World\...

and of course

C:\Users\ xxx \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\FA-18C_hornet

C:\Users\R2D2\Saved Games\DCS\MissionEditor\UnitPayloads

C:\Users\ xxx \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Missions\...

to

C:\Users\ xxx \Saved Games\DCS\...

Why on earth are you even bothering with 2 clients?

If you want stable or Open Beta just use ether normal Stable or Open Beta client and update it to the latest update branch.

No reason to have 2 clients installed or copy over stuff

Edited by Rlaxoxo
1.1 profanity.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Was anyone else utterly stoked at the size of the changelog today only to slowly realize that it was everything the open beta already had lol

Oh yes. I actually walked away from the PC to do some shores first, thinking to myself: "I'll get this out the way first before going through that massive change-log." :D

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Was anyone else utterly stoked at the size of the changelog today only to slowly realize that it was everything the open beta already had lol

LOL yeah I posted the link in the 132nd discord : guys check out the huge update!!

Ah well :)

Congrats ED for this milestone great to see all those shiny new goodies now also in the stable branch!

Give it some more time and we will see a patch to beta soon.

hopefully it will bring already promised finished Spitfire...

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

No update for OB? I was really hoping to see all the improvements Wags mentioned are already done internally. Plus I had my hopes very high about seeing a radar update that would allow us to detect targets.

Maybe friday? Or next week?

Same, but I was hoping for ACM lock fixed. Radar detection is fine, more than fine actually.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

aahah yeah and my face from this :shocking: -> :cry:

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

ha I keep hoping ill see a decent cockpit with DS soon :)

What do you mean? STILL not fixed the cockpits after all this time?:(

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

The current and only workaround I could find is roll side to side very quickly and the radar starts picking contacts. If you fly straight for more than 20 seconds the radar stops detecting.

One time I was under the impression that I am detecting targets when I accelerate :music_whistling:

But to stay on topic... I hope to see rain drops on the warthog canopy soon :)

what I have to do then?

Just sit around and wait till next Wednesday like me... :(

Ps. I’ve got plenty of more training to do anyway - so I’ll get over it - LOL!

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

Hahaha, yeah, got me too initially until I started reading through the list.

Glad it is copying files from the OB. Update is ~48 GB!!

Hopefully we'll see an update to the OB on Friday. :thumbup: