Rotation Mission

Tj1376

Team-

Ive been trying to complete the "Rotation" mission a few times.. Not having any luck.

What happens if you damage an item? Im not getting a mission failure, but the mission wont advance. (I damaged the barrels and i never get the message to go land to get the slings and then head home.)

TJ

• ED Team

Damaged cargo is preventing advance. By design it should be enough to transport one cargo (means not brake it). That is also stated in mission briefing.

Edited by Laivynas

Best Regards, Dmitry.

"Чтобы дойти до цели, надо прежде всего идти." © О. Бальзак

• 4 weeks later...

I don't have much spare time to fly "long" missions so I need to optimize my time :smilewink:

Laivynas, can you clarify please:

On the one hand, you say that damaged cargo is preventing advance. So that means that all 4 cargos have to be delivered undamaged.

On the other hand, you say that it should be enough to transport one cargo (means not brake it). So I understand that I must deliver 4 cargos with at least 1 cargo undamaged.

I read carefully the briefing but did not see any reference to damaged/undamaged cargo. But maybe I missed something.

Edited by Simicro

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

• ED Team

In fact one undamaged cargo should be enough.

In briefing is only given a clue about minimum amount of work to be done by player.

Of coruse in that case we have RL logics - undamaged cargo means it was transported safely.

Don't hesitate to transport one cargo very carefully and end the mission as usual. It should give progress.

Transportation of all cargos - is a challenge. ;)

Best Regards, Dmitry.

Thanks, it's clear for me now.

And it's good to have a condition on 1 undamaged cargo only (and the rest as a challenge) :thumbup:

• Like 1

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

• 1 month later...

Something very strange happened to me during this mission. I deployed the tank with no problem and went for the wood. When I hooked the cargo, I was watching outside the window to check if the cargo is already in the air. While slowly ascending, I suddenly saw something falling down - it was my whole rear tail. The helo of course crashed after that. I have no idea why the Mi-8 broke apart. The oil tower wasn't there anymore and nothing else.

IMO it also can't have been the other helo flying around because I saw him flying into the other direction.

Oh well, looks like I have to start it over after 5/4h of flying :(

BTW, did anybody else had performance issues on this mission every now and then? Most of the time it ran smooth, but there were moments when fps dropped extremely. I only had this so far in the Gazelle campaign when many AI soldiers/objects were moving around.

I suddenly saw something falling down - it was my whole rear tail.

I had that issue at the sub-base after the 1.5.7 update.

So I immediately reverted to 1.5.6 and I am still on 1.5.6.

...performance issues

Guys reports that kind of problems after updating to DCS 1.5.7

I think it's not an issue related to Oilfield Campaign.

- Tony -

Oh, ok...so that's a pretty bad bug in that case.

Concerning the performance; I had no issues with the Spring Tension campaign or the first 6 missions in the Oilfield Campaign. That's why I thought it might be related to this mission. I'll see when I'll try it agan.

If all fails, then I still have the option to revert to 1.5.6

BTW, I just wanted to refly mission 8 (Rotation) but I noticed that I'm now at mission 9 (Zigzag) even though the Mi-8 crashed in the Rotation mission. Maybe you should add an additional trigger, so that delivering one cargo but not landing at the base doesn't give you enough points to proceed in the campaign?

Looks like I have to edit the lua now to go back a mission ;-)

Edit: Well, in my case it seems mission 8 relatet (but it of course can be a 1.5.7 problem). As soon as the cargo is on the hook, the fps drops dramatically for a while until I'm away from the base. Then, I deliver the cargo, want to get the next one - cargo hooked...fps drop again. The mission is almost unplayable for me this way. I had no problem with sling load in mission 4 and 6 (no fps drop).

Edited by rge75

• ED Team

Dear rge75,

I perfectly understand the dissapointment because of bugs. But these bugs should be fixed. There is no point to alter campaign structure because of particular build bugs.

Best Regards, Dmitry.

Thanks for the reply, I'm not disappointed; I still like the campaign ;-)

So you think it's a 1.5.7 bug? I'm just wondering if other people have the same issue with this mission with 1.5.7. I only have this problem in mission 8 and not in the other sling load missions (4 and 6) - and always as soon as I hook up the cargo. After 5 minutes, fps are back to normal (see video). It's always like this (I can reproduce the problem).

So maybe somebody else with 1.5.7 could try mission 8?

If it's a 1.5.7 bug, I'll either have to revert to 1.5.6 or use active pause until fps are back to normal (or skip this mission). Of course the cargo broke when I was using active pause again to record the 2nd part of the video...must be Murphy's law.

From what Simicro said, this shall be a known problem, so no need to report the problem again? Or might this video be helpful for investigation of the problem?

Edited by rge75

Ok, I just gave up on it and I'll report it as bug in the 1.5 forum under Performance problems.

The active pause only helps when hooking the cargo. But when you have the same performance problem when arriving at the LZ and you enable active pause during flight, the cargo will ignore the active pause...so it will swing forward and you'll lose the cargo.

I also noticed a strange problem with the altitude meter which I'll also report in the 1.5 forum. It doesn't work properly once you have the cargo hooked.

I reverted to 1.5.6. The mission is now playable.

But I'm actually having troubles with the new controls...I think sling load was easier with the old controller and trimming instead of the Pro Flight Trainer Puma controls where you don't trim because the stick doesn't go to center automatically. I hope I'll get better at it again with some practice. It's like re-learning the sim.

So while I was able to do sling loads with "no problems" with the Mi-8MTV2, I now ended up with two damaged cargo and one crashed Hip....

• 2 months later...

Almost two hours in the mission, around 450 L fuel left I approached to hook 4th cargo and... VRS crash: d'oh :cry: The price for getting impatiently and trying to rush things. But only destroyed the Helicopter, crew was alive.

Wanted to start again, but next mission was selected. Lucky me to get a new Mi-8 to proceed.

I can feel with you! It simply needs patience.

You could either edit the logbook.lua or you could simply load the mission and play it like a single player mission again.

Just wondering - did you play it with 1.5.7 or 1.5.6? And if 1.5.7...didn't you have performance problems during sling load (well, maybe ED fixed it with the last couple of updates).

Speaking of VRS crash...just happened to me today in the "Border Campaign". 2 simple sling loads and not payed attention for a very slight moment...I was able to recover, but the cargo was dammaged.

I run on 1.5.7. First cargo was the large tank. On my way to the oil pump frames dropped and it stuttered some seconds. After being smooth again I noticed the load rotating around but hanging straight down the rope. This remained until smooth touch down. The tank lay in the gras on its side but there was no cargo damaged message. The logs and pipes could be delivered without performance issues or this strange cargo rotating.

edit: Just watched the video you posted above. I did not have such a picture show. Just a little stutter. I noticed gazprom logo on the tanks. Is this a mod? My installation is clean except some repaints in user game folder structure.

Edited by gulredrel

Hmm, good question about the mods. I can't remember if I had the Black Sea mod enabled or not. Either way, it's running smooth on 1.5.6 and not on 1.5.7 (and I was using the same mods on both versions at this time). Well, I anyway won't replay it until DCS 2.5 ;-) So hopefully it will run smooth there again.