Can a Sparrow re-engage ?

Shadow KT

Pretty straight forward.... I've being playing with a 2xAIM-9Ms, 2xAIM120Cs and 4xAIM-7Ms, just for the extra challenge. But I've being getting this issue a lot, you pretty much have to use almost all your Sparrows to splash a bandit with one. They just lose lock even, if you lose lock for a fraction of a second or the bandit goes hard left for example and changes back direction, pretty much RIP Sparrow (too slow and heavy)

So yeah, I've attached a track to see what I mean. If you loose lock for such a short period ,literally a split millisecond(even when switching from BVR to VISUAL with instant lock), shouldn't the missile continue tracking ?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnL_GhMqGf0fgYYPoij88UmHO1gBUA

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Pretty straight forward.... I've being playing with a 2xAIM-9Ms, 2xAIM120Cs and 4xAIM-7Ms, just for the extra challenge. But I've being getting this issue a lot, you pretty much have to use almost all your Sparrows to splash a bandit with one. They just lose lock even, if you lose lock for a fraction of a second or the bandit goes hard left for example and changes back direction, pretty much RIP Sparrow (too slow and heavy)

So yeah, I've attached a track to see what I mean. If you loose lock for such a short period ,literally a split millisecond(even when switching from BVR to VISUAL with instant lock), shouldn't the missile continue tracking ?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnL_GhMqGf0fgYYPoij88UmHO1gBUA

As far as I know only the aim120c can re-acquire.

By the way, the f15 [as far as I know not modeled in game] if it looses STT lock will automatically engage Flood Mode and the aim7 might be able continue tracking as long as the target is in the Hud's cone FOV, less then 30nm & held in that POS. The Missile probably also would need to be in terminal guidance and the target also be in the FOV of the target since it will no longer have Mlink guidance updates.

Now, Here is how I deploy the aim7

Rear aspect on a target trying to burn out of the engagement but too far for a aim9.

WVR high AOA target. Seems the Aim7 loves these.

High Altitude high M [fl450+ M2+]head on launch sub 10 miles. This requires nose down pitch at launch and maintain the dive till intercept. This scenario seems to work the best for me. It's a probability that due to the speed. I've had a few people manage to escape the initial missile but by the time they do I'm already on them like white on rice and an aim9 or second sparrow finishes them.

Back in the day a WVR Flood launch was the f15s equivalent to the 27et.

Edited by pr1malr8ge

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.