DCS Huey accuracy test from a military pilot

StandingCow

Thanks. That was pretty awesome!

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

And I didn't read his bio. So I was thinking to myself, "hey, this guys is pretty good with DCS" LOL

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

That's really cool!

I don't entirely understand his scoring system (some items he says are very realistic score 1 point, other items he says are not realistic at all score 1 point as well), but aside from that it was a very, very well made video which I enjoyed a lot. :thumbup:

Also the ability to remove pilot door for sling ops would be nice.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's really cool!

I don't entirely understand his scoring system (some items he says are very realistic score 1 point, other items he says are not realistic at all score 1 point as well), but aside from that it was a very, very well made video which I enjoyed a lot. :thumbup:

Yea, I went to look at the published results and they don't seem to be up yet: https://pro-flight-trainer-com.myshopify.com/pages/accuracy-flight-tests

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

That's really cool!

You can see the methodology if you download the "Accuracy flight test - pilot guide" from this page

https://pro-flight-trainer-com.myshopify.com/pages/downloads

TLDR in some tests a one is full points, other tests are out of 2 or 3 or 5 points.

• Like 1

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

You can see the methodology if you download the "Accuracy flight test - pilot guide" from this page

https://pro-flight-trainer-com.myshopify.com/pages/downloads

TLDR in some tests a one is full points, other tests are out of 2 or 3 or 5 points.

Okay, that makes sense now. I guess if the video just showed "1/1 points" or "1/3" points, it would have been a bit clearer for those like me who watch the video without checking his documentation.

Anyway, I don't really care about any scores. Just watching him test the chopper already made me learn quite a few things I didn't know before. :thumbup:

Okay, that makes sense now. I guess if the video just showed "1/1 points" or "1/3" points, it would have been a bit clearer for those like me who watch the video without checking his documentation.

+1, also found it a bit "arbitrary" without any reference.

But I enjoyed it a lot. Looking forward to part two - and the final score ;) (not that it really matters though)

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

.... . Just watching him test the chopper already made me learn quite a few things I didn't know before. :thumbup:

Same, he seems to know what he is on about and has a great skill of teaching.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

Quick question. Is he a RL Huey pilot? He doesn't ever come out and say so, but from some of his comments Im not sure he ever flew the real life version of the Huey we have modelled in DCS.

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Quick question. Is he a RL Huey pilot? He doesn't ever come out and say so, but from some of his comments Im not sure he ever flew the real life version of the Huey we have modelled in DCS.

totally true, based on some comments I'd say he never flew that Huey IRL.

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

Great review!

The guy's name is Joe Hudson. You can find a link to many of his review here: https://www.helisimmer.com/author/joe-hudson/ .

He has got a written review of the DCS Huey here: https://www.helisimmer.com/reviews/review-belsimtec-uh-1h-for-dcs/ .

In the written review, he states:

In the interest of full disclosure, I’ve never flown the UH-1H. But, up until about 10 years ago, the U.S. Army did all of its preliminary instrument flight training in UH-1 simulators. I went though U.S. Army flight training about 12 years ago, so I was among the Last of my generation of Army Pilots to “enjoy” IFR training in the Huey simulators before they were phased out. This didn’t give me a completely accurate knowledge of the flight characteristics, but it did give me a good idea of the aircraft systems.

Seems like a really experienced, sharp, and all-round nice guy who not only knows his stuff really well, but also loves it and is great at communicating it! I think we should invite him to join the DCS forums!

• Like 1

Great review!

The guy's name is Joe Hudson. You can find a link to many of his review here: https://www.helisimmer.com/author/joe-hudson/ .

He has got a written review of the DCS Huey here: https://www.helisimmer.com/reviews/review-belsimtec-uh-1h-for-dcs/ .

In the written review, he states:

Seems like a really experienced, sharp, and all-round nice guy who not only knows his stuff really well, but also loves it and is great at communicating it! I think we should invite him to join the DCS forums!

I'm pretty sure Joe Hudson is on the DCS forums already, although i'm afraid his ego may be swelling because of all of the positive comments about the Accuracy Flight Test Video :smilewink:

• Like 1