F14D Super Thomcat

thaihorse

Is good to see this game has come a long way with plenty of aircrafts for a simulater, but now that is done with how about for your next project coming up with more challenging aircrafts? I've waited over a decade for a dedicated F14 Thomcat game and its no where insight. Its my favorite fighter plane and one of the most interesting and no one seems to want to do a simulator for this plane. In its time it was the most popular and the most widely used plane. So please consider this plane when you try to decide which plane to do next. Another aircraft that would also suit this site would also be a dedicated Apache AH64 Longbow. These two aircraft would compliment this gaming site nicely.

• Like 3

?

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=395

You're welcome :thumbup:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is good to see this game has come a long way with plenty of aircrafts for a simulater, but now that is done with how about for your next project coming up with more challenging aircrafts? I've waited over a decade for a dedicated F14 Thomcat game and its no where insight. Its my favorite fighter plane and one of the most interesting and no one seems to want to do a simulator for this plane. In its time it was the most popular and the most widely used plane. So please consider this plane when you try to decide which plane to do next. Another aircraft that would also suit this site would also be a dedicated Apache AH64 Longbow. These two aircraft would compliment this gaming site nicely.

Go to third party and look at third party developers.

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=395

• 2 weeks later...
To add to this, the main difference between the B Heatblur are creating and the D you want is the switch to digital systems. By my understanding capability is largely unaffected.

The F-14D Super Tomcat is drastically different from the F-14B Tomcat in its capabilities. It is very much a multirole, true strike aircraft from its get go. I believe the B model was produced from 88-90 with the D model produced from 90-92. This is all out of the factory, and I believe by the late 90s their capabilities was near identical after upgrades. Though the Super Tomcat is not being developed at all because, only a couple dozen of the hundreds of F-14s produced were D models, and classified date I think (???). Important to remember the D was very much a long range strike fighter rather than the pure interceptor of early F14a

The F-14D's were not "Multi-Role" parsey, they were able to drop bombs, and did so in the 90s.

The F-14A/Bs were able to carry and deploy normal and LGBs from day 1, but not able to self designate.

They dropped LGBs in Combat w/ F/A-18s Designating the targets.

w/ F-14D and F-14B Upgrade, the Tomcat was cleared to Carry the LANTIRN Pod and Able to Self Designate Targets for LGBs.

F-14D is Labeled as the Super Tomcat.

F-14B vs F-14D

Tomcat plus vs Super Tomcat

Both Utilized General Electric F110-400 Engines

Analog Displays and AWG-9 Radar vs Digital AN/APG-71 Radar and Displays

F-14D Also Included: ASPJ, JTIDS, NACES, IRST

37 F-14Ds Were built new and 18 F-14A's were selected for Rebuild F-14D®

67 F-14Bs were Upgraded w/ Defense Avionics and Airframe Life Extension package.

These were unofficially named "F-14B Bombcats"

Proposed Variants:

F-14C Interceptor (USAF Variant, F-14B + Multi-Mission Avionics Upgrade Package)

F-14D Quickstrike (USN Variant, F-14D + NAV and TGP + A2G Radar Modes)

F-14D Super Tomcat 21 (USN Variant, F-14D + New Engines + Thrust Vector + More Fuel Capacity + Modified FCS and Surfaces).

F-14D ASF-14 (USN Variant, F-14D To meet ATF/ATA Requirements)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

....stupid 18's. They ruined EVERYTHING! ;)

The F-14D's were not "Multi-Role" parsey, they were able to drop bombs, and did so in the 90s.

The F-14A/Bs were able to carry and deploy normal and LGBs from day 1, but not able to self designate.

They dropped LGBs in Combat w/ F/A-18s Designating the targets.

w/ F-14D and F-14B Upgrade, the Tomcat was cleared to Carry the LANTIRN Pod and Able to Self Designate Targets for LGBs.

F-14D is Labeled as the Super Tomcat.

F-14B vs F-14D

Tomcat plus vs Super Tomcat

Both Utilized General Electric F110-400 Engines

Analog Displays and AWG-9 Radar vs Digital AN/APG-71 Radar and Displays

F-14D Also Included: ASPJ, JTIDS, NACES, IRST

37 F-14Ds Were built new and 18 F-14A's were selected for Rebuild F-14D®

67 F-14Bs were Upgraded w/ Defense Avionics and Airframe Life Extension package.

These were unofficially named "F-14B Bombcats"

Proposed Variants:

F-14C Interceptor (USAF Variant, F-14B + Multi-Mission Avionics Upgrade Package)

F-14D Quickstrike (USN Variant, F-14D + NAV and TGP + A2G Radar Modes)

F-14D Super Tomcat 21 (USN Variant, F-14D + New Engines + Thrust Vector + More Fuel Capacity + Modified FCS and Surfaces).

F-14D ASF-14 (USN Variant, F-14D To meet ATF/ATA Requirements)

....stupid 18's. They ruined EVERYTHING! ;)

Chenney Ruined it.

• Thanks 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

• 1 year later...

The F-14 apparently did not get the full LANTIRN but the "LTS" :

The basic LANTIRN was modified into LANTIRN Targeting System (LTS), the navigation pod was removed from the two-pod system and the targeting pod was improved for Tomcat use. The LTS featured a Global Positioning System and inertial measurement unit that provided the pod line-of-sight cueing and weapon release ballistics and eliminated the need for external cumbersome and time consuming boresight equipment.

i7 7700k • 1080Ti • 32GB @ 3200 MHz • 525GB M.2 • Oculus Rift

Warthog + Pro Flight

The F-14D Super Tomcat is drastically different from the F-14B Tomcat in its capabilities.

How so? :huh:

The only difference in weapons I can think of are JDAMs, which the D was able to use, because it was equipped with a GPS system, while the A and B was not. But apart from JDAMs their multirole capabilities were pretty much the same. The B and even the A have been used in that role all the way up into the 2000s in Afghanistan with the LANTIRN TGP and laser guided munitions:

attachment.php?attachmentid=178885&d=1518436567

attachment.php?attachmentid=178886&d=1518437015

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

How so? :huh:

The only difference in weapons I can think of are JDAMs, which the D was able to use, because it was equipped with a GPS system, while the A and B was not. But apart from JDAMs their multirole capabilities were pretty much the same. The B and even the A have been used in that role all the way up into the 2000s in Afghanistan with the LANTIRN TGP and laser guided munitions:

The LTS pod had a GPS receiver so that's not the reason and it also had a digital bus.

As far as I can tell, it was integrated and tested on the F-14B through a software update.

https://trace.tennessee.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?referer=https://www.google.com/&httpsredir=1&article=3487&context=utk_gradthes

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

• 4 years later...
25 minutes ago, SilentSparrow said:

Would it be possible to make an F-14D-165-GR? IIRC it was the 2nd F-14D block number and was the last F-14 without the IRST pod, so I believe all of it is unclassified.

All F-14Ds had the Dual Chin pod with TCS and IRST

49 minutes ago, SilentSparrow said:

Would it be possible to make an F-14D-165-GR? IIRC it was the 2nd F-14D block number and was the last F-14 without the IRST pod, so I believe all of it is unclassified.

Heatblur already stated multiple times, that they want to do the F-14D or a F-14B (U) if and when they can obtain the neccessary documentation. So we can just sit back, relax, fly the A and B model and wait till it finally happens.

E.g.:

Edited by Pasquale1986
  • Thanks 1

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2022 at 10:38 AM, Pasquale1986 said:

Heatblur already stated multiple times, that they want to do the F-14D or a F-14B (U) if and when they can obtain the neccessary documentation. So we can just sit back, relax, fly the A and B model and wait till it finally happens.

E.g.:

I'm fine with that, I'm looking forward to the F-4 in the meantime 

• Like 1