Air Táctics IA: Proposal to Moose/Mist/ and Scripters in General

ESAc_matador

Well,

We have been able to improve the AI behaviour considerably. I dont know what is in ED mind, but I... or we... feel that the AI in Air to Air combat is quite simple. I am not talking about 1 vs 1 or dogfights where the fight is a mess. I am talking about something more "developed"... Notching, Sweeps, Pincers, baits... we dont have (afaik) nothing about this.

And I think, that with the software developed by Grimes, FliightControl and many other people, we have lots of tools to do enhance the AI BVR tactics.

So, what I would like is:

- first, ask you, what do you miss the most? which BVR táctic would you like to see in DCS (describe it the deeply the better, with radar, ECMs, routes, considerations etc...)

- second, to make a contribution group, may be inside MOOSE comunity (which I recognized, I have read, and even started to study, but I finnally never got any finnalized proyect, but I think it has a very interesting work) or may be outside as starting point, trying to do different tactics.

- Third, to compile all these tactics and try to put them together so the IA would use any of them or none during a mision depending on certain conditions, or simply rolling a dice, or both.

What do you think guys??

Hi matador, what is meant with this sentence?

"but I finnally never got any finnalized proyect"

You mean, you started with something but never finished it?

Just curious.

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

Hi matador, what is meant with this sentence?

"but I finnally never got any finnalized proyect"

You mean, you started with something but never finished it?

Just curious.

Yes, problem is I had my second kid, and I had no time to relearn. I am new with programming, and took me too long to start to understand. Also I had few proyects without moose, and I did not want to restart.

Now I have finished most of them, Helicopter assault, Jamming, IA smart artillery, Recon aircrafts, and C4SIR... to me all of them add A LOT.

I am now thinking in to "transform them into Moose, and expand with the community. They are quite simple and wouldn't take too much. So I think, it is a good starting point to start.

In any case, thanks for your effort helping me aometimes when I was stack!!!

But, what do you think, about my suggestion?

I am still reading the stack chats, never quittee, hehehe.

Well, then just drop by when you have time :-)

Happy to help you out.

[/TABLE]

I'd like to see the AI work in pairs better for both BVR and WVR. Mostly to recognise who is defending and who is attacking.

But I'm not sure if we could influence the core scripts of DCS like this, so not sure what you mean in the OP. We do have a MOOSE class that can do really large formations, so large packages are possible and could include at least the opening formations. There's more scope to do things with ground units in my opinion.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Yes, but we migth try something...

The AI has a mind of its own. We can however let the AI use its mind, and guide it to what you wanna let them do.

The initial requirement that you wrote is a bit high-level and unclear. I'll repeat here:

Notching, Sweeps, Pincers, baits... we dont have (afaik) nothing about this.

Suggest we first define what is missing, and what you are looking for. Get onto slack again. Let's discuss.

FC

[/TABLE]

Perfect, i receive your mail.

I am thinking in something like this... Go simple...

Couple of aircrafts. If they detect an enemy, they will go for him with a simple search and engage or many other options. Let say the enemy is bearing 090 50miles...

We can give an order to the the wingman, to a wpnt in 045 10km... So the group would split doing some pincers, once it get the point, we restorr its initial condition.... So, most probably the wingman will just attack, but doing something like Pincers.

We can also do the same with different altitudes, or we can make them to fly perpendicular to the bearing to negate a good detection until the distance is (whatever missile range they have). Another otpion is to never go to a dogfight by attacking until range, and go back, attacking and go back... This could be nice if they are in a friendly SAM enviroment... You see, i feel there is potential to this.

It seems doable, if we can make at least three options, we could do some randomization and it would have four different behaviours, default+three added.

Long story short, would be great to add varied behaviours in "pre" engage, what humans do? Under what conditions? I am not talking in barrel rolls, scisors etc.

I think, the hard work is to code the database for each famiky of aircrafts and weapons. It is not the same a wwii, korea, vietnam or gulf war distances or equipment.

I am going to start with something easy and we will see. I ll use Moose to try to add this module.

Edited by ESAc_matador

Ok. However, you'll need the FSM classes for this. I can explain you how to get up to speed with this stuff. AI_FORMATION as an example. AI_PATROL, AI_CAS... The trick is to understand the technique and the design components to make these processes. Suggest I help you with this explanation. Once understood, you'll be launched. There are many tricks in the sleeve and dont want you to reinvent the wheel. You know what i mean.

[/TABLE]