Naval helicopter development

Gandalf_56

Hi pals

I do not know if I have missed something, but until now there isn't any third party working on the development of a naval helicopter!!!

With Naval ops arround the corner, It would be wise to have a Seahawk module fully modeled in DCS Word.

For virtual helo fans It would be a very nice addition.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

Edited by Gandalf_56

Well a full fledged model would be a pretty big task and as far as I know most of the devs both ED and third party currently have projects on their plate. However I would like to see ED put out an updated 3D model for the MH-60R/S Seahawk for AI. The Seahawk is a pretty common sight on the coming aircraft carrier as well as on the LHA that Razbam is developing for the harrier. I see it as pretty vital to immersion when doing carrier operations.

Intel i7-4790K 4GHz l 32 GB DDR3 l MSI 1080ti l Gigabyte 97ZX l TrackIR + DelanClip l TM Warthog HOTAS l CH Pedals

AV-8B l AJS-37 l A-10A l A-10C l F-15C l F-16C l F-5E l F-14A/B l F-86F l F/A-18C l Hawk l M2000 l MiG 29 l NTTR l Persian Gulf l Su-27 l Su-33 l Su-25 l Supercarrier l L-39 l UH-1 l

Yes may be Flagrum, but right now there is only one user viewing the Wishlist forum vs 14 viewing this forum.

Anyway if this topic is out of place, no objection if it is moved.

Moderators, feel free to move this topic to any other forum!!

If everyone posted wherever they wanted, regardless of the appropriateness of the section, based solely on how many viewers there were at that moment, the forum would be a complete mess.

On top of that, the viewership numbers include non-members which means that the viewers that you are counting might not even be part of the conversation.

:doh:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I would like to see naval helicopters as well, however there is a lot of core functionality that would need to be developed to to really have a full DCS module, not least being an underwater world simulation.

OP may be interested in this thread, not an upcoming module but interesting....

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=147020

Edited by Rangi
Linky

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

Razbam may have been working on ch 53 sea stallion . Check their forum section and fb page

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Yeah it's only a tease for now, but Razbam might very well be working on a Super Stallion. Which would be awesome. If they are it's very far out I think.

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Or upgrade the Huey to a Venom.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

About the only thing those two helicopters have in common is the manufacturer. The basic shape of the Huey is close but from a 3D modeler's perspective, I am pretty sure that it would be a 'start from scratch' project and that's just the outside. The systems and flight modeling would be a whole other thing. All that aside, I couldn't agree more, that a Venom would be an awesome addition to the DCS World! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To begin with, ED needs to figure out how to keep the chopper on the deck without sliding off it (although the trials with 2.1 are encouraging).

MBot made this totally awesome ASW script long time ago. I don't know if it still works for 1.5.6.

I believe the 2.1 have some provisions for this kind of operations in the future as, when wind setting is really high and the waves are huge, you can see the bottom of the sea in some shallow areas.

Finaly, CH53 would be a dream, but I like the ka27 too!:thumbup:

About the only thing those two helicopters have in common is the manufacturer. The basic shape of the Huey is close but from a 3D modeler's perspective, I am pretty sure that it would be a 'start from scratch' project and that's just the outside. The systems and flight modeling would be a whole other thing. All that aside, I couldn't agree more, that a Venom would be an awesome addition to the DCS World!

Oh no doubt, I was sorta saying it in jest but also secretly hoping it would happen.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

What ED should have done was build the Sikorsky UH60, which is used by both the Army (UH60) and Navy (SH60) and is a modern day helicopter instead of a Vietnam era huey which really has very little use in the current DCS World as it is. Yes i know we use it for slingloading, etc but exactly how many Vietnam era hueys do you see in current wide-spread service?

Edited by The_Pharoah
  • Like 1

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

Now, I'm not an S-70 expert, nor am I a simulator module developer, but I don't think it wouldn't be too daring of a task to develop multiple H-60 variants. I know for a fact that the UH-60A and the SH-60B share 83% part commonality, and the HH-60G's are upgraded UH-60A's. This leads me to believe that developing the UH-60A, SH-60B, and HH-60G wouldn't be too much work, compared to just developing one of them. They all have the same airframe, and all three of them share the same General Electric T700 engines (or T701's if later upgraded variants). So developing stuff like engine performance or flight models would only have to be done once. It's not like developing a F/A-18C and F/A-18E which have completely different engines and airframes, not to mention avionics. Once you have developed the UH-60A, all that's left (and I don't mean to imply this isn't a lot of work) is the specialized equipment for the remaining variants: FLIR, MAD/SAD, etc. for the SH-60B, and refueling probe, weather radar, etc. for the HH-60G. Both the SH-60B and the HH-60G have folding rotors, so both are able to perform shipboard operations. With all of these different abilities in the same airframe, this would allow us to fly all sorts of missions in all sorts of environments. I can't speak for everyone, but I'd be perfectly happy if all these modules were released separately at full price, even though it's less work per module, and then we, the users, buy the ones we want. Win-win in my book. For ED, or whomever might develop the H-60, it will be less time and money spent for greater revenue. But, then I've heard Sikorsky aren't to fond of handing out licenses to sim-devs so.... Yeah. :D

Here are the cockpits side by side. As you can see the cyclics, consoles, panels, etc. are pretty similar apart from a few of the avionics, especially between the SH-60B and HH-60G.

UH-60A:

5423bd23eec7df73ee04561d67100828.jpg

SH-60B:

0636188.jpg?v=v40

HH-60G:

4626952697_18b0846b98_b.jpg

Edited by WHOGX5

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante