ordered the Rift

javelina1

I finally broke down and bought the Rift. Should have it delivered this weekend. I'll see if I'm ready to hang up my TrackIR and such... ;)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

just got mine today.

it is kinda fun. :)

in a OH MY GOD kind of way.

i went on VR in the early nineties at universal studio.

it has come on a long way :)

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

I finally broke down and bought the Rift. Should have it delivered this weekend. I'll see if I'm ready to hang up my TrackIR and such... wink.gif
It's about time!

Life will never be the same...............

Trust me!

Be sure to try Adrift from the Oculus store.

Always wanted to go into space! :D

Now you can!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

thanks guys, looking forward to checking it out. I'll have it on Father's Day. (Nice gift).

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I went with the bundle Amazon is offering. $100 for the touch controllers, and then they give $100 for the Oculus store. Will have to check out what's there.

I finally broke down and bought the Rift. Should have it delivered this weekend. I'll see if I'm ready to hang up my TrackIR and such... ;)

Aye you will break down again, this time though in tears of joy :)

Awesome!

Try the helos. Flying DCS feels completely different. I never went back either...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

i can confirm my trackir didn't last long...

now im thinking that USB slot needs a jetseat hanging out of it :)

especially for the massage function.

i haven't moved this much in years. to much sitting in cockpits :)

the touch controllers are a revelation as well..

support for them in DCS would almost be as big a game changer as VR itself.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

Was to have been delivered today by 8pm (AZ local), but it doesn't look like it'll make it. (Rats Amazon! :-) ). My Rift was in Kentucky as of 2pm (local time) there.

Hopefully I'll have it tomorrow, and will post my first impressions. I have plenty of USB 3.0 ports just awaiting... :-)

Was to have been delivered today by 8pm (AZ local), but it doesn't look like it'll make it. (Rats Amazon! :-) ). My Rift was in Kentucky as of 2pm (local time) there.

Hopefully I'll have it tomorrow, and will post my first impressions. I have plenty of USB 3.0 ports just awaiting... :-)

:thumbup:

Look forward to hearing your first impressions!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Great Javelina1, its a great leap forward for home sims, i couldnt go back to track IR if i tried. Looking forward to hear your views.

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

Just be aware that the Rift is very picky about USB 3.0 and it may or may not like the chip set on your motherboard. Many people have had to add a USB 3.0 card to make the Rift happy.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yep. Encountering USB Issues all the time. I guess it's one of the 3 Sensors that just crashes and takes the whole USB Chip into a reset... And I use the recommended USB Card

The RIFT plus the Trackers require quiet a bit of bandwith... So if you got a multitracker Setup you might need to consider going with a expensive USB Card or split the load to different Chips in your setup...

And don't forget to consider getting a HDMI to Displayport Adapter (Check Rift pages to find a supported one), since the HDMI Port can start to fail (Just on the RIFT since it's a overclocked signal) after several months of usage.

Edited by Gruman

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

First thing I did when ordering my Rift back in January, was run the Oculus compatibility checker for my system. It reported my onboard ASMedia USB 3 ports as known to cause issues. So I ordered the Innatek PCIe powered USB 3.0 card and installed it before installing the Rift.

I have been running two sensors and the Rift plugged into it so far without a single issue. Tracking has been excellent for me throughout.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

So I ordered the Innatek PCIe powered USB 3.0 card and installed it before installing the Rift.

I have been running two sensors and the Rift plugged into it so far without a single issue. Tracking has been excellent for me throughout.

Ditto for me too, pretty much no problems using the Innatek card. Every now and then everything in the Rift will be come 'floaty', eg sitting in the DCS menu hangar and the main theme panel is moving around a little. Also sometimes a sensor will report as faulty. Selecting Restart Oculus from the rift app settings and everything is back to normal.

It is generally a good idea to re-run the sensor setup after an Oculus Home software update too.

Also be aware if you have used your touch controllers before playing DCS you will have two huge leather gloves floating next to you lol.

RIP your TrackIR and flat screen gaming for sims thou from now on lol :joystick:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

thanks guys, for the USB 3.0 insight. I ran the Oculus compatibility checker, and it said my onboard USB 3.0 was all good. Hopefully that's a good sign.

I do have an additional USB card installed, and that's where I have my TrackIR, MFG Crosswinds, and TM 'Hawg plugged in through. So I plan to use the USB 3.0 via the backside, and on my motherboard.

Will keep you posted. Hoping the rift gets delivered today. Amazon has said it's been at the local delivery site since 4am this morning. Maybe it didn't make the cutoff to go out to delivery today. Regardless, I'll post something tomorrow.

And, if anything is dodgy regarding the USB 3.0, I'll order that Inateck card you've recommended.

TIA,

-Jav

If Amazon says it will be delivered today, odds are you will get it today. They are pretty good at that.

Good luck and be sure and let us know what you think!

Don B

OH MY GOD! this is awesome! I cannot believe or describe the experience! Why didn't I buy this VR setup sooner!

WOW!!! just WOW!

• Like 1

OH MY GOD! this is awesome! I cannot believe or describe the experience! Why didn't I buy this VR setup sooner!

WOW!!! just WOW!

:thumbup:

I love it when I see folks reaction, which was pretty much the same reaction I had as well.

Have fun!

• Like 1

Don B

WOW!!! just WOW!

Welcome to the rift mate, it's pretty good eh?

Take your time and enjoy the various demos that come with the setup routine. They are all pretty short, but fascinating nonetheless. Did you order touch with the rift? Not essential for enjoying sims to the full, but certainly lets you get the most out of the rift itself.

My favourites so far are DCS Huey, Gazelle and Spitfire, XP11 Bell 407, Project Cars, Mission:ISS and Discovering Space 2. Also Robo Recall is good fun if you get the touch controllers. The attention to detail in the Spifire is so immersive, and flying helicopters in VR is a whole other level above doing it in 2D, it's so much better IMO.

i7-7700K/Gigabyte RTX2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Sennheiser HD380pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/Rift CV1