I'm back! ...Sorta

Mtnbiker1998

Although given how quiet I am on these forums, I doubt anyone actually noticed I was gone.

Anyway, I've been gone the past 7.5 weeks, living under a rock, kept away from technology. Some people may know this rock as Lackland AFB Texas. The advantages of having lived under this rock for that long is that I can now call myself a US Airman, the downside of this however is that I haven't been able to play DCS! (Or DiRT 4 for that matter, which I'm super hyped for.)

I still have to go through Airman's week before I get my phone back, but I've been able to use family's phone after graduation to check the forums and see what I've missed, and holy cow, F-18 at E3!!! Was not expecting that! I also missed the release of Normandy, hope you guys left me some Jerry's to hunt!

After next week I ship off to tech school to become an Aircraft Loadmaster, looking very forward to it!

Greetings to all my fellow Airman on the forums, past and present, I'm incredibly proud to now be a part of your ranks.

AIM HIGH... FLY. FIGHT. WIN.

Come fly with me, lets fly, lets fly away! -Sinatra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Specs: Lenovo Y50 with GTX 860m (2GB), i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz, 8GB Ram. Corsair K70(MX Blues are awesome!), Benq GW2760HS monitor, Steelseries V3 Prism headset, TM Warthog Hotas, Sidewinder FFB2 W/ FLCS grip, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR5, KW-908 Jetseat

Congrats!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Congrats on your progress and Thank You for your service!

<S>

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again everyone! Arrived in tech school and its nice to get a taste of the real world again + some of my freedoms back. Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Having my laptop shipped over so I can get back to playing games in my freetime, however I will have to make do without all my awesome flight stuff. A ps4 controller will be my primary method of flying/racing, but I think I'll be fine for now.

I also took a chance and decided to try out Tapatalk since I browse the forums a lot on my phone, so this is my sorta trial run.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Come fly with me, lets fly, lets fly away! -Sinatra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Specs: Lenovo Y50 with GTX 860m (2GB), i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz, 8GB Ram. Corsair K70(MX Blues are awesome!), Benq GW2760HS monitor, Steelseries V3 Prism headset, TM Warthog Hotas, Sidewinder FFB2 W/ FLCS grip, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR5, KW-908 Jetseat

Although given how quiet I am on these forums, I doubt anyone actually noticed I was gone.

Anyway, I've been gone the past 7.5 weeks, living under a rock, kept away from technology. Some people may know this rock as Lackland AFB Texas. The advantages of having lived under this rock for that long is that I can now call myself a US Airman, the downside of this however is that I haven't been able to play DCS! (Or DiRT 4 for that matter, which I'm super hyped for.)

I still have to go through Airman's week before I get my phone back, but I've been able to use family's phone after graduation to check the forums and see what I've missed, and holy cow, F-18 at E3!!! Was not expecting that! I also missed the release of Normandy, hope you guys left me some Jerry's to hunt!

After next week I ship off to tech school to become an Aircraft Loadmaster, looking very forward to it!

Greetings to all my fellow Airman on the forums, past and present, I'm incredibly proud to now be a part of your ranks.

AIM HIGH... FLY. FIGHT. WIN.

I did Navy basic in 1974 summertime just north of Chicago and thought that was hot. Texas must be brutal this time of year.

Looking back, Navy was the best adventure I ever did. I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Good luck to you, man.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]