Warthog Rudder Mapping Problem

Falcaw

Hey guys I didn't put this in bugs as I am not sure if it is a problem on my end. I have started flying the mig and am setting up my controls

I don't have rudder pedals and usually map it to my warthog stick.

In the mig21 there is an option to map the rudder to joystick but when I do I just here clicking and the rudder pedals don't move.

z and x keyboard binds still work.

Rudder pedal binding in all my other modules works fine.

Is this bind just for twist sticks? is there a way to bind the rudder to my joystick hat?

I saw some other people have had this problem but couldn't find any way to resolve the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

-Falcaw

There are two sets of binary rudder controls in the setup in Flight Controls category:

Flight Rudder Left

Rudder Left (joystick)

The first one can be only bound to keyboard, the last only to controllers. I find the keyboard entry does function. The controller entry does not function.

It's a bug with the software and nothing you are doing wrong. The axis rudder bind works as expected.

• 2 weeks later...

If you use t.a.r.g.e.t. gui you can assign the rudder with the Z and X key to anything on the joystick.

If you have the throttle aswell, the rudder is the left throttle-stick by default if you use the gui

Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

Terrains:Nevada, Persian gulf, Normandy + Asset pack, Syria

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2

I remember when i started with dcs and my warthog came. I had no pedals, so i took an xbox gamepad and used my big right toe to control the rudder :lol:

Buy pedals, better sooner than later and avoid a lot of pain.

If you start with ww2 or helicopters there is no compromis anyway!

Yea just bought and waiting for my mfg pedals aswell. I currently have the rudder assigned to the trim-hat on the stick, but its only really good for taxiing

Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

Terrains:Nevada, Persian gulf, Normandy + Asset pack, Syria

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2

I currently have rudders set to the friction slider on the side of the warthog throttle. It's not very accurate or smooth and I get confused because I push the slider forward and the plane goes left. Pull the slider back and it goes to the right. I wish I could reverse the movement as it would be easier.

My father used to take pilot classes so he has saitek pro flight pedals. I was thinking about buying some this week but he mentioned why buy them when he already has them and isn't using them. Buuut I want them now and don't really want to wait.

While the A-10C is relatively stable when flying due to SAS, I still think rudder pedals are great to have especially for taxi long distance because trying to control the rudder with that slider as well as controlling throttle and then keeping the right hand on the stick to engage my wheel brake (pinky lever on the warthog stick), can be annoying.

They are especially useful for helicopters too.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I currently have rudders set to the friction slider on the side of the warthog throttle. It's not very accurate or smooth and I get confused because I push the slider forward and the plane goes left. Pull the slider back and it goes to the right. I wish I could reverse the movement as it would be easier.

Check out the "axis tune" window, you should be able to reverse the axis easily over there.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Check out the "axis tune" window, you should be able to reverse the axis easily over there.

Thanks I think I did look at that while I was in the settings and ticked the slider checkbox over there. I probably need to look closer and reverse the movement. That should help a little, at least with the slider reversed I won't be pulling/pushing and expecting to go one way but actually going the opposite. Makes landing and long taxiing such a pain.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz