Does RD mode (Roue Desirée), desired route available?

Hamilton

Dear friends,

I was doing the training navigation mission and in some part (RD/TD), the instruction was to get to Kutaisi from the North. Ok, I set into the left INS LCD 1-8-0-0,pressed INS and when I press the RD button on the PCA It did NOT show "the set of cues" (as the instructor said was going to appear) on my HUD, then the instruction was to follow the indications. But what indications (?!) since after press RD I didn´t notice anything different (and in the manual no explanations,just: "RDA special navigation mode not available in open beta. Just to edit: TOP mode is NOT fine either ...

I thank in advance for any input,

Rgds,

Hamilton

Edited by Hamilton

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Hi Hamilton,

I have had exaclty the same problem last weekend. The cues are just flashing for a second and disappear. I think it might be a bug after some update, cause some months ago it worked IIRC.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Hamilton,

I have had exaclty the same problem last weekend. The cues are just flashing for a second and disappear. I think it might be a bug after some update, cause some months ago it worked IIRC.

Hi gandhi2,

Thanks for answering,good to know that I´m not alone in this issue... :)

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Yes, the RD mode is not available at the moment.

Thanks! Is it necessary to report this in the " Bug Reports" link?

The cues are just flashing for a second and disappear.

gandhi2, I did a test a minute ago and mine is exactly the way you said: Even in TOP or RD the cues flashes for a second and disappear. I did correct my first post, TOP mode (PCA) NOT working either. :-(

Edited by Hamilton

Thanks! Is it necessary to report this in the " Bug Reports" link?

Not at all. It's well known, it's not a "bug", simply not yet implemented.

BTW: it's "Route Désirée", not "Roue".

Route = Course/Route

Roue = Wheel.

;)

I did correct my first post, TOP mode (PCA) NOT working either. :-(

I disagree.

TD (Temps Désiré, Desired Time) works, albeit guidances cues could use a Valium or two.

If it flashes then goes away, that's because you're outside parameters for it to work.

Parameters: the time to go to the waypoint should be between 50 and 150% of the desired time. Otherwise, difference is too great, the mode won't engage.

Edited by Azrayen

spacer.png

Not at all. It's well known, it's not a "bug", simply not yet implemented.

Ok,but it is in the actual training mission for the M-2000C, so it would be good to inform this in the beginning. ie. "not simulated".

BTW: it's "Route Désirée", not "Roue".

Well I wrote exactly what´s in page 112, item 4 of the actual DCS M-200C Manual: "Roue Désirée ":)

If it flashes then goes away, that's because you're outside parameters for it to work.Parameters: the time to go to the waypoint should be between 50 and 150% of the desired time. Otherwise, difference is too great, the mode won't engage.

You´re right ! I create a flight and set the timer within the parameters (less than half or more than 1.5) and it worked perfectly,right on time! But I stand correct , the training mission is wrong and put you in a condition that you stay out of the parameters.

Edited by Hamilton

Ok,but it is in the actual training mission for the M-2000C, so it would be good to inform this in the beginning. ie. "not simulated".

Well I wrote exactly what´s in page 112, item 4 of the actual DCS M-200C Manual: "Roue Désirée ":)

You´re right ! I create a flight and set the timer within the parameters (less than half or more than 1.5) and it worked perfectly,right on time! But I stand correct , the training mission is wrong and put you in a condition that you stay out of the parameters.

The training missions were built some time ago when some of the systems were not operational yet (and still aren't). I believe I put the information in one of the forum posts and thet training will get an overhaul once everything is in the sim and the manual is updated. Sorry for any inconvenience, it was a matter of having the training missions but not fully completed or not having any at all.

As for the parameters - I don't agree that the mission is wrong. The instructor does give you this parameters in the mission. And if you keep to the speed briefed at the very beginning of the mission then you should be well within the limits - really, there is no other way to implement it in the training other than asking the trainee to keep to specific parameters (like speed in this case). Hope this helps!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

it was a matter of having the training missions but not fully completed or not having any at all.

Agree!

As for the parameters - I don't agree that the mission is wrong. The instructor does give you this parameters in the mission. And if you keep to the speed briefed at the very beginning of the mission then you should be well within the limits

No sir,now I disagree. I kept EXACTLY 300kt (about 34 FF) and the cues just flash for a second and disappear,I invite you to do this navigation now (with DCS 1.5.6 version) and check yourself.Thanks.

BTW, I´m sorry for posting here,I should post on the "Training Missions" Forum

Edited by Hamilton

I have just done the training mission and the speed guidance worked for me, were you at 300 knots IAS (on the HUD) and at 15 000 feet ?

Also did you input 5 minutes ? (0-0-5-0-0) and not 50 minutes (0-5-0-0-0)?

Edited by myHelljumper

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

I have just done the training mission and the speed guidance worked for me, were you at 300 knots IAS (on the HUD) and at 15 000 feet ?

Also did you input 5 minutes ? (0-0-5-0-0) and not 50 minutes (0-5-0-0-0)?

Yes and yes.

Far from doubting your word Sir, I´ve just flown this mission after I read your post and keep sharply 300kt and 15000ft and the again those cues just flash for a second and disappear.

I know this fuction is working properly (I tested with a mission created by myself ,as I said to Azrayen),but I insist, in this particular mission that´s not OK. Mr gandhi2 said the same above. But no problems to me since the important thing is the function is working fine.