F/A-18C Paint Schemes Wishlist / Requests Thread

frixon28

I'll ask again for an included CF-18! I know it's an A model, but..... I really, really want one!

(besides, the Russians don't fly the A-10C and we got one of those!)

I'd love it too but stop beating a dead horse. The advertised scope for skins for Early Access is current F/A-18C operators. Period.

It takes some research to do proper skins and to avoid complaints such as "It's not CAF, it's RCAF (Royal Canadian Air Force) since August 2011. I'm so smart. ED s**ks."

• Like 1

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I know this has been mentioned previously but I'd like to post again:D I was Lucky enough to see this USN 100 yrs of Aviation livery in person in Oshkosh EAA 2011,It's really a Beautiful Tribute to those early WWII Naval Aviator's. Since ED displayed it on their banner in the past,I really hope it makes The List :thumbup:

35ivig1.jpg

2aq43q.jpg

2qu6dlu.jpg

2d1jzlz.jpg

24et2lc.jpg

jk7hbq.jpg

Simply amazing!!! I love this!

Sytem Specs: Asus armor Z170 mobo, Intel 6700k i7 chip, gtx 1080, 32g DDR4, 800watt pws, Win10, Samsung NVME M.2 256G Drive, 1T Samsung Evo SSD, 250G Corsair SSD, Asus 4k 28" 60hz Monitor, Oculus Rift, WarthogTM stick and throttle, CH rudder pedals

This is the latest CF-18 demo paintscheme that will be displaying at California Capital Airshow later this year!

Someone should totally make this!

CF-18_HORNET.jpg

Edited by carss

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

"After which, we hope to include "what if" skins for F/A-18A operators like Canada, Australia, Spain." - Wags

This is absolutely great, if and when it happens.

Including myself, I know of at least 6 people who will be very excited about this! :D

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

Confirmed by Wags today on a reply to someone on facebook that there is a Blue Angel skin being planned.

Sytem Specs: Asus armor Z170 mobo, Intel 6700k i7 chip, gtx 1080, 32g DDR4, 800watt pws, Win10, Samsung NVME M.2 256G Drive, 1T Samsung Evo SSD, 250G Corsair SSD, Asus 4k 28" 60hz Monitor, Oculus Rift, WarthogTM stick and throttle, CH rudder pedals

Confirmed by Wags today on a reply to someone on facebook that there is a Blue Angel skin being planned.

On multiplayer server, we'll need tail numbers 01-99! :smartass:

VFA-192

I would like to see some skins from VFA-192 "The World Famous Golden Dragons" In case you don't know how the Dragons got that handle, it was because they used their planes in the filming of a Korean War movie called

"Bridge Over Toko Ri" (check spelling) with William Holden.

VFA-192.jpg.0d5f087817252d824ff4cf38bcf5e6ca.jpg

1600710978_VFA-192Atsugi.jpg.3cd2dec6b4de21e71e0ec7b06c04104d.jpg

VFA-192-CAG_Atsugi.thumb.jpg.150f4101a446f70ec3c64bc0f68653cb.jpg

Edited by Firebreak

" I Know You Understand What You Think I Said...But I Am Not Sure You Realize... That What You Heard....Is Probably.... Not What I Meant. ":pilotfly:

Awesome movie! At the time the movie was being made, my Dad was Skipper of VF-52 stationed in Mirmar and they made all of the overland shots for that movie while VF-192 did all of the carrier shots. VF-52's planes had to be painted in VF-192 colors. It was William Holden you are thinking of though.

Great choice for skins! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Awesome movie! At the time the movie was being made, my Dad was Skipper of VF-52 stationed in Mirmar and they made all of the overland shots for that movie while VF-192 did all of the carrier shots. VF-52's planes had to be painted in VF-192 colors. It was William Holden you are thinking of though.

VFA-192 is my favorite squadron because way back when I had a 486 PC, I flew a sim called "Hornet Korea" by Graphsims. I met a real hornet pilot online, when he was doing his training at Lemoore in VFA-125. I was really shocked when he sent me the Hey Crank (Crankshaft) picture.He was then assigned to VFA-192 on the USS Kittyhawk. Check out this video he made. It was a real honor flying online with one of America's finest!

Edited by Firebreak

" I Know You Understand What You Think I Said...But I Am Not Sure You Realize... That What You Heard....Is Probably.... Not What I Meant. ":pilotfly:

VFA 15 Valions, low viz scheme, with the light coloured lion rampant, and the dark grey/black tail stripe, can't link a pic as google is being a fud!!

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Gotta love VFA-192's CAG paint scheme very cool.

A Hornet pilot in the Dragons I flew with online told me, when they painted that dragon on the tail, the pilots of VFA-192, said they wouldn't fly it unless they painted balls on the dragon!:megalol:

Edited by Firebreak

I stand corrected Sir, It was William Holden.

• 1 month later...