Odd lag issue

So I have recently developed a problem I have not seen before.

When playing online, I start getting these 'pauses' that last milli-seconds to a few seconds. Everything in the game freezes, yet I can still look around with my TrackIR.

It is directly related to the connection it seems. It doesnt happen in single player. The more people in a server, the worse it gets. I am on cable, and have an excellent connect to most servers.

I have reinstalled my chipset drivers (including the network), reinstalled my graphics drivers, and I have reinstalled LOMAC.

Sounds like de-sync, which is entirely possible under som circumstances. You can have great ping, but you might have packet loss despite this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

could this be due to the problem with network play and a dual core CPU? I always run my lomac using procaff (mostly because starforce crashes the entire machine if i dont), but I know some people here have mentioned an online problem with dual cores (and some people say it doesnt affect them).

Just a thought...

It happened at my house in Oregon, and now in New Mexico.

I am running Pro-caff.

Something else is going on. It could be packet loss, but I have no idea as to why. Its all the time, not just off and on. I pretty much cant play MP at this point.

Oh, and it does it in BS also. I think Windows seems to have a problem.

Have you tried replacing the NIC?

Also, try pinging with large packets - I've often seen problems where small packets (like regular ping packet) get through without any issue, but a switch or router that's going bad will happily mangle large packets (1000bytes or more) and stop their transmission.

If you're using windows, try ping -l 1000 ipnumberhere

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Odd ... you might have drop as low as a packet sniffer to figure this one out and see if there's disruption in network traffic altogether, or if its some other weird thing ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest IguanaKing

This may be a "no s**t" suggestion, but, have you scanned for spy-ware lately? You might also try progressively shutting things down in msconfig and see where that gets you.

I have 2 SATA2 drives in RAID. I did a check disk, everythings good with no bad sectors.

Yeah this is a pain, it just started one day, and I wish I could recall something that may have triggered it.

The thing is though, its fine in single player and every other game runs fine.

Just not LOMAC. I will go through some other games I got to see if there is a problem with them. BF2142 runs great.

Well it seems that didnt do it either, it started happening again today.

But get this, I think I *cross my fingers* figured it out.

I have a dual-core. I updated HL recently. The procaff in the shortcut got overwritten.....

SOB!!!!! Of course more testing is needed, but I think I got it down.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem. It is really pronounced when (trying to) playing on line. Me too, is now out of on-line playing.

I did change my processor over the weekend. I had 3200+ and I installed 4600+ X2.

See machine specs in the sig. I'll try that procaff ...

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Definately fixed.

Procaff the problem.

Hadjuk, it will solve your problem.

Thanks Prophet.

To make sure I did my homework, I went to AMD site download and installed that TSC Dual Core issue fix. Yesterday, I played on few servers for few hours and did not notice stutter any more.

I also downloaded the Procaff but haven’t installed it yet. Will continue testing with this AMD fix.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

• 2 weeks later...

i am about to buy a dual core amd cpu and am interested in what the end result is here:

1, is the amd x2 optimiser (tsc) fix alone enough to solve the issue?

2, is procaff still required or not?

3, are you setting all background apps etc to run on one core and the game to run on the other core?

If you can buy intell instead. They are a bit more expensive but they are also more overclockable than AMD's. Intells are fastes right now. I may buy one in a few months as well. Hopefully by the time Black shark arrives (no Im not buying because of it) ;)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

• 6 months later...
Definately fixed.

Procaff the problem.

Hadjuk, it will solve your problem.

Even tho I dont have a multicore I tried Procaff.exe to fix that problem. But When I run it (you are talking about procaff.exe - don't you) it gives me an error (win-crash).

Please help