2.1.1 lighting

Coxy_99

Most of the things on this screenshot are wrong. Transparency of the glass on the instruments needs correcting, as well as brightness of radar PCA and RWR screens.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Most of the things on this screenshot are wrong. Transparency of the glass on the instruments needs correcting, as well as brightness of radar PCA and RWR screens.

There two things if you use deferred shading:

- Turn Gamma correction to 1.0-1.4 in graphic setting (2.0 is way too much) and turn On "Cockpit Global Illumination". you will have a more normal lighting

- Transparent objects is general DCS 2.1 Deferred shading problem, not specific to M2k. Nothing to do here, except waiting.

The HUD is almost useless in the day time as well now.

Yes it is! Especially in NTTR. The HUD can not be read above the horizon! The gamma setting makes no difference to the HUD.

The Deferred Shading over NTTR and Normandy looks splendid! However the beautiful eye candy has taken precedence over the HUD.

Presumably, before the F-18 and Harrier get launched, ED will have to fix this issue. Hopefully it will be a 2.1 global fix so the Mirage HUD will work also.

EDIT. Here is a fix I found today. Turn up the cockpit flood lighting (white light) to maximum. Then use the helmet visor. This makes the HUD symbology just about visible, against a bright sunny sky in Nevada. The HUD brightness control key assignment doesn't appear to work. I can not find a key assignment for the cockpit white flood lighting, only one for red flood lighting?

Regards

David

Edited by Accipiter
Short term fix found

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

Then use the helmet visor.

Sadly, the helmet visor doesn't work properly in VR: as soon as you start looking around you see it's just a tiny bit darker transparent rectangular texture "hovering" in front of your default FOV.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

• 2 weeks later...

When this will be fixed ? Any official info please ?

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

So the HUD issue was a known issue when 2.1.1 launched. It was part of the changlog/news that they put out when Normandy launched.

DCS 2.1.0 is starting of new lineup of DCS 2.1 versions with integrated of NTTR and Normandy map together, new deferred shading and PBR features and numbers of a less major improvements.

Known issues that will be fixed ASAP:

The HUD indication would not be visible on the sky background in some circumstances.

DCS World

Introduced deferred shading and PBR.

Crash on second launch of track with JTAC fixed.

Scripting Engine. Weapon.getTarget() will returns correct value with SEAD weapons.

LOS determination fixes, Fog Of War fixes.

Edited by AMEDooley

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So the HUD issue was a known issue when 2.1.1 launched. It was part of the changlog/news that they put out when Normandy launched.

DCS 2.1.0 is starting of new lineup of DCS 2.1 versions with integrated of NTTR and Normandy map together, new deferred shading and PBR features and numbers of a less major improvements.

Known issues that will be fixed ASAP:

The HUD indication would not be visible on the sky background in some circumstances.

DCS World

Introduced deferred shading and PBR.

Crash on second launch of track with JTAC fixed.

Scripting Engine. Weapon.getTarget() will returns correct value with SEAD weapons.

LOS determination fixes, Fog Of War fixes.

Not being able to see HUD during the day is one thing.

HUD being completely green and almost untransparent at night is a different issue.. hope ED fixes it soon.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 3 weeks later...

DCS 2.1.1.8244.248, settings on first screenshot.

The cockpit isn't visible at night either, so no night mission at the moment.

The red labels (central knob) are not working anymore, see 2nd screenshot.

The flood light is a very bright magenta, even on the first settings, see 2nd screenshot. The white flood also produces the same magenta lighting on the first settings.

The flood light also radiates outside the aircraft, see 2nd screenshot. From outside, it is not visible though (which isn't a concern), see 3rd screenshot.

EDIT: somehow the forums won't show my settings screenshot, so 1st screenshot is missing.

Screen_170801_213317.thumb.jpg.ef53ae0b606f4c713430386d9f4db82a.jpg

Screen_170801_213310.thumb.jpg.71ecb18c9fb8b909c6d33feb3bb29e34.jpg

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any clue as to when the canopy reflection will be fixed? It's not functional to fly during the day time, and it works only so well at night in VR. Is this reflection issue a texture issue with the PBR?. Out side of that the new improvements are amazing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]