Wallpaper shows AIM-9X...?

mrsteel

So i've been looking at the wallpaper i have set for my desktop that was posted by Wags not long ago and i looked at the wing tips and noticed that it didn't appear to be a regular AIM-9. So i'm wondering in the screenshot what missile this is, because to me it sure looks like an AIM-9X. Or maybe i dream too much.

549196800_HornetWP.thumb.jpg.6f7ff1bc8baf7c74eab9b21462f0f3e0.jpg

Dirty cheaters - shooting down stuff out ur side windows.... :music_whistling:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If the X is not implemented in any other aircraft even for a brief time, that is going to be a missile that must be carefully considered in multiplayer, since why would a Hornet pilot NOT have it?

This should be done by mission makers to either reducing the amount of Aim-9X:s allowed per, say, flight. Or to limit the number of said missiles available to the coalition in general... This of course only if we are talking about a "balanced blue vs red type mission"...

The range may not still be as impressive as the russian close-range missiles... but I do feel it will shake the WVR-matches quite a bit being able to shoot at such high angles.

I'm interested to see how difficult it will be to get the missile fooled with countermeasures in DCS. All I've heard is that due to the imaging seeker it is supposed to be really difficult for traditional flare-setups.

Take it all with a pinch of salt, naturally.

DCS Finland | SF squadron

• ED Team
We are getting the Aim-9X

Its been said over and over, please look through the very long Chat thread for any other questions, and sorry for sounding authoritive and bossy

To be fair, the thread is indeed super long, but as you stated, yes, it's planned.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

We are getting the Aim-9X

Its been said over and over, please look through the very long Chat thread for any other questions, and sorry for sounding authoritive and bossy

Sorry to somewhat hijack the thread here for a minute, but the fact that actual information is quite often shared somewhere within a very long thread full of chit-chat is one of the main reasons for speculations, debates and arguments popping up over literally everything all the time.

(Not just concerning Hornet, that's a general problem across most of the boards)

Someone with too much spare time should do a no-comments thread with all confirmed info and hyperlinks to the posts...

Info and Features change..

Wait for the "Press Release"/Product Page for official Features and Information.

That being said, the AIM-9X is already in DCS, it's just not used by any AI Aircraft or Player Aircraft yet.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Someone with too much spare time should do a no-comments thread with all confirmed info and hyperlinks to the posts...

Control F is a thing I swear, and the search function. In case your wondering I work full time so yah...

Though that thread idea of yours is a good idea, especially for the biggest module since the A-10C

Edited by frixon28

I don't really have much info on HMCS and sidewinder X, but wouldn't it be useless to implant HMCS without the sidewinder X? I don't really know much about usage of these 2 systems just asking to know.

The HMCS is an absolutely incredible tool even without the AIM-9X. It displays altitude, airspeed, steerpoint and bearing info when you're eyes out of the cockpit. It's very useful even if we completely disregard the AIM-9X. Once you fly with the HMCS, you'll never want to fly without it.

But, as Eagle Dynamics wants us to be happy little children, they're giving us both the JHMCS and the AIM-9X. :)

The HMCS is an absolutely incredible tool even without the AIM-9X. It displays altitude, airspeed, steerpoint and bearing info when you're eyes out of the cockpit. It's very useful even if we completely disregard the AIM-9X. Once you fly with the HMCS, you'll never want to fly without it.

But, as Eagle Dynamics wants us to be happy little children, they're giving us both the JHMCS and the AIM-9X. :)

that's going to be awesome.... Aim9X and JHMCS, I'm going to revenge every single r73s shot to me in the most unpredictable angles :lol::lol::lol::lol:

no hms for f-15 so no hobs shots even if you have the 9x.

Saying this again because it will (actually already has) become a thing:

no hms for f-15 so no hobs shots even if you have the 9x :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn266/JINX1391/jinx%20f99th%20sig_zps2hgu4xsl.png[/sIGPIC]

"90% of the people who actually got to fly the F/A-18C

module there (E3 2017) have never even heard of DCS

or are otherwise totally undeserving pieces of trash."

-Pyromanic4002

I don't really have much info on HMCS and sidewinder X, but wouldn't it be useless to implant HMCS without the sidewinder X? I don't really know much about usage of these 2 systems just asking to know.

There's also the ability to designate points on the ground just by looking at it via the JHMCS. So as Kippy said, there is a lot more to it than just usage for the AIM-9X.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

no hms for f-15 so no hobs shots even if you have the 9x.

Did my sarcasm detector fail or are you serious?

I mean, a radar gimbal limit 9X shot is quite offbore. I wonder if you could uncage it on a lost/memory contact (like, lock, check outside gimbal limit...shoot? Hmmmmm)...

Lord of Salt

There's also the ability to designate points on the ground just by looking at it via the JHMCS. So as Kippy said, there is a lot more to it than just usage for the AIM-9X.

If this (look and designate points on ground) option is going to implanted in dcs it's going to be really awesome I can't even think how easier the ground job would be with this option.:pilotfly:

Is there any chance this AIM-9X might get added to the F-15C as well? So we can then do off boresight missile shots in the F-15C is well?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Also, why? Do you want to fight even less in the F15? You already got a BVR Missile that fights for you, you also want a short ranger?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

Also, why? Do you want to fight even less in the F15? You already got a BVR Missile that fights for you, you also want a short ranger?

Is this a game or a simulator? Should a vpilot of any given platform give a rats rear end about balance at the development level (or any level...really...)?

As for fighting...You can do a lot of fighting with modern weapons. 120s, X-rays, Archers, they should redefine how you do certain things and whether you'll do those things at all ever. The fight doesn't get easier, you just win/lose the fight earlier due to less obvious parameters.

Edited by Sweep
  • Like 1

Lord of Salt