2nd BK90 MJ2 not firing (MJ1 and Mix are ok)

AbortedMan

Problem: 2nd BK90 MJ2 not coming off of rails

I just ran a bunch of scenarios where I was testing BK90s and found that when I have 2x MJ2 BK90s loaded the 2nd one does not deploy under any circumstance. Single or series mode both don't matter. I recreated the same scenarios with MJ1 and Mix in both DCS versions 1.5 (stable) and 2.0 and both projectiles can launch just fine. MJ2 seems to have an issue deploying multiple projectiles.

• 6 months later...

BUMP

I was playing around with the BK90-MJ1 and they work fine for me. I saw that there is the MJ2 AP version and tried them and had the same problem as AbortedMan. I pressed and hold the trigger, first BK90-MJ2(left wing) fired but my second BK90-MJ2 was not released but instead the RB24 on the right wing. This was in the latest 1.5.8 open beta in SP, MP not tested.

Weapon Selector - ATTACK

Master Mode - ANF

Targeting Mode Selector - STD

Release Mode Switch - SERIE

TAKT IN - 923000 for compact area

MERRY XMAS

Edited by unknown

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I've flown the Viggen quite a lot in the recent days in MP on the BlueFlag-server and when ever I shoot the BK90 it always feels like it only fires one of them (using MJ1) when I use SERIES. Unfortunately I have no way to check this, as outside views are prohibited on the server, but I only hear one BK90 coming of the rails and the Viggen gets a little bit side heavy after it.

Edit: Just tested it on private server with outside views and I was wrong. They both come off the rails. I only tested MJ1 though.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Found the issue and fix incoming! Thanks for the reports!

Great news! Thanks once again for taking care of these issues :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I've flown the Viggen quite a lot in the recent days in MP on the BlueFlag-server and when ever I shoot the BK90 it always feels like it only fires one of them (using MJ1) when I use SERIES. Unfortunately I have no way to check this, as outside views are prohibited on the server, but I only hear one BK90 coming of the rails and the Viggen gets a little bit side heavy after it.

Edit: Just tested it on private server with outside views and I was wrong. They both come off the rails. I only tested MJ1 though.

Protip: Setting the selector to TAKT and leaving it in output mode will show which stores on the aircraft are loaded (1) and which are empty (0)