Nimitz carrier asset for Hornet

Zomba

As I understand it the Nimitz is a separate asset that can be purchased which will provide carrier ops for the Hornet. If I host a server whose mission includes a Nimitz, will people that have not purchased the Nimitz asset be able to join the server?

I don't test for bugs, but when I do I do it in production.

Where did you read that? Following the flak ED got for the WW2 assets pack, they said that they had no further plans of doing the same thing again. I'm not saying that plans can't change, but I haven't seen any indications of the carrier being separate (and I think I've read all official info available at the moment).

They can still do it in following way:

Low res, no features, but included with F-18C.

High res, all features ON, not included you have to buy it.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

I bet for a Nimitz+F-18 bundle like Normandy+Assets Pack.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Bundles are useless, this stuff needs to be integrated in the core. Some basic version integrated and a fancy one paid, if they have to monetize it.

I agree with GeorgeLKMT we have had nothing but problems with numbers on our NTTR and Normandy servers.

We can either include the asset pack and have 2 people on or exclude it and have 10+

having the asset pack as an add on has divided the online community and is nothing but a pain.

• Like 1

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

What i like or preffer doesnt mean what i expect.

I expect, only a guess, a Nimitz DLC.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

• ED Team

Last we heard on Carriers were that the would be paid addons. People that didnt pay wouldnt have the same controls, features, quality as those that did. There isnt much info on it right now, so things change. Just wait for more information when release gets closer.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

For Normandy they should have sank the cost of the assets into the map itself. If the Nimitz is a separate module and not a part of the base game then I expect a reason for it to be a separate download. For aircraft we expect top quality systems and flight modeling so I would expect the same standards for systems and sea handling for a standalone Nimitz download. This would have to be partnered with a basic in game model that everyone can see but not necessarily use just how the aircraft are implemented now. Anything less will just be another fragmentation of the MP community.

Edited by Vampyre
  • Like 1

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

If the free version is hiqh quality model, allows landing and taking off like typical roadbase or airbase, then that is OK.

But for paid version then it should be there for a CA operations so you can operate the weapons, command (drive) it, work as a air controller etc.

And even then a 9,99€ price tag sounds acceptable considering that you are taking a full control it, and not just use it as a airfield.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I'm pretty sure that I recall Wags saying that those that choose not to purchase the carrier module would see something similar to what is in the game already and those that do purchase it will have a much more detailed model. As an example, I would bet that those who purchase it will see the arresting pendants retract as what we saw in the E3 video and the others won't. Those that do might be able to walk around down in the hanger deck and maybe even ride the elevators? :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm pretty sure that I recall Wags saying that those that choose not to purchase the carrier module would see something similar to what is in the game already and those that do purchase it will have a much more detailed model. As an example, I would bet that those who purchase it will see the arresting pendants retract as what we saw in the E3 video and the others won't. Those that do might be able to walk around down in the hanger deck and maybe even ride the elevators? :thumbup:

Walking around a ship and riding elevators are gimmicks and I personally could care less about that as a feature. I can say that because I have firsthand experience on carriers. I highly doubt they will simulate you braining yourself on an overhead or smashing a shin on a knee knocker scurrying out of the ready room for an alert 15. As I have said several times before in the lost Hornet chit chat threads and the RAZBAM Big Ships thread, I'd rather have features of substance such as the ability to fight the ship and conduct operations using the systems and capabilities of the design as if it were one of the aircraft modules... the highest fidelity possible. I imagine the bar has been set far lower though.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

• ED Team
If the free version is hiqh quality model, allows landing and taking off like typical roadbase or airbase, then that is OK.

But for paid version then it should be there for a CA operations so you can operate the weapons, command (drive) it, work as a air controller etc.

And even then a 9,99€ price tag sounds acceptable considering that you are taking a full control it, and not just use it as a airfield.

I am sure we will get news on all this in time.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Walking around a ship and riding elevators are gimmicks and I personally could care less about that as a feature. I can say that because I have firsthand experience on carriers. I highly doubt they will simulate you braining yourself on an overhead or smashing a shin on a knee knocker scurrying out of the ready room for an alert 15. As I have said several times before in the lost Hornet chit chat threads and the RAZBAM Big Ships thread, I'd rather have features of substance such as the ability to fight the ship and conduct operations using the systems and capabilities of the design as if it were one of the aircraft modules... the highest fidelity possible. I imagine the bar has been set far lower though.

If you like a "pilot-able" ship with CIC, Bridge and other post, actually has impossible (if ED dont implement the appropriate Dlls to insert cockpits into ships, control capability, weapons and system control and other previous requirements. ED, RAZBAM and others can "build" 3D IA models, but insert funtionality (and insert them into the simulator), only can be make on the core engine.

I would just like to see the new carriers at this point. Wonder when that will come...

Oh sure I see it coming..."when it is ready".

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

It would be good if we can start on lower deck and go up by elevator

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Anyone happen to know how many players / jets can be active on board at the same time?

I'm hoping there's a "Vulture's Row" view where I can just leave ShadowPlay recording. Should be some good humor to be had...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

It would be good if we can start on lower deck and go up by elevator

Only if we can tow our own aircraft out to the deck...:joystick:

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Next DLC:

"Special Ammo" with seekers against complainers and a proximity fuse against whinning.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]