Nimitz carrier asset for Hornet

Zomba

These are all decisions that a mission designer can make when building a mission, depending on many things, such as who the mission is being built for.

Should be ok if the carrier works as an airfield.

-Put aircrafts on the deck waiting for startup with a very high timer (9999 sec for instance)

-Put a trigger around the carrier so once the players take-off and are quite far from the carrier those units are disabled and new ones are added in the next position you want them to be when you will be back with your mates :thumbup::pilotfly:

That's the $64K question. Will it? Will there be numbered slots on the flight deck, just as on the airfields now?? I sure hope so! :thumbup:

Most likely so, would make the most sense.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

It would be really interesting, if the aircraft could spawn on the elevator at hangar level. So the plane that spawns in the elevator immediately goes to main deck level and when the plane leaves the elevator, it goes again to hangar level allowing another plane to spawn. And if the plane in the elevator at the deck level hasnt got a spot to go to, the elevator cant go down and the aircraft carrier can spawn new planes until there is space on the main deck.

In this way there is no risk of spawning planes over others.

There have always been problems with the core mechanics that need to be completely changed for carriers to work. Those need to be fixed regardless of whether or not the want to charge something for the carrier. For example the ability to spawn on top of another aircraft should be completely eliminated. Spawning as pilots as opposed to planes would make more sense, as well as removing the spawn to catapult function. The act of ejecting spawns a controllable pilot which is ass-backwards. The sim clearly has the facility to know when a runway is occupied. So if catapult spawning isn't eradicated at the very least round-robin lock them with a timed queue.

I'm hoping for maybe a barricade system too! For those who may not know here's a quick vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD_mUwzpUs4

+1 I would love one as well, but I figure the core gameplay and mechanics of aircraft carrier usage in multiplayer would need to be ironed out first. Considering the barricade would undoubtedly disrupt the flow of aircraft landing as well as aircraft launching. Even once the core mechanics of carriers have been ironed out (possibly in a similar manner as some have described in the thread) barricades would have to be approached carefully to prevent over usage & constant disruptions. If I'm not mistaken, situations that the barricade is necessary are exceedingly rare. So barricades would have to be approached very carefully.

If a new ATC system is integrated into DCS 2.5, I would love to see an emergency landing option announcing an emergency is inbound to X field on X runway and apply that to the ATC aboard the Stennis.

Intel i7-4790K 4GHz l 32 GB DDR3 l MSI 1080ti l Gigabyte 97ZX l TrackIR + DelanClip l TM Warthog HOTAS l CH Pedals

AV-8B l AJS-37 l A-10A l A-10C l F-15C l F-16C l F-5E l F-14A/B l F-86F l F/A-18C l Hawk l M2000 l MiG 29 l NTTR l Persian Gulf l Su-27 l Su-33 l Su-25 l Supercarrier l L-39 l UH-1 l

I couldn't agree more Jhuss96! Folks have to realize that, in a multiplayer environment and in particular a public server, there will invariably be those that are not as clued in to what most of us want to think of as realistic carrier flight operations and will do things that may not promote a good flow of launches and traps. In real life, flight operations on a carrier is an extremely well choreographed dance that closely resembles total chaos! The point being that every thing that moves on that deck has been planned out to a tee and everyone (OK, almost everyone) knows exactly what they are supposed to be doing and are exceptionally well trained for it! That does not come close to what you or I are likely to experience aboard the carrier in DCS World. So the designers need to take that random.........ignorance? into account when trying to come up with a design for this beautiful ship and how it is going to interact with humans in a multiplayer environment.

I wonder if they have considered options for Public Servers vs. Private Servers or even Single Player uses of the carrier??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I couldn't agree more Jhuss96! Folks have to realize that, in a multiplayer environment and in particular a public server, there will invariably be those that are not as clued in to what most of us want to think of as realistic carrier flight operations and will do things that may not promote a good flow of launches and traps. In real life, flight operations on a carrier is an extremely well choreographed dance that closely resembles total chaos! The point being that every thing that moves on that deck has been planned out to a tee and everyone (OK, almost everyone) knows exactly what they are supposed to be doing and are exceptionally well trained for it! That does not come close to what you or I are likely to experience aboard the carrier in DCS World. So the designers need to take that random.........ignorance? into account when trying to come up with a design for this beautiful ship and how it is going to interact with humans in a multiplayer environment.

I wonder if they have considered options for Public Servers vs. Private Servers or even Single Player uses of the carrier??

Oh it will be absolute chaos, even full normal runways with taxiways are chaos, lol. Should be hilarious to watch. :D

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo