Trains don't show

Reflected

I have a problem. I set up a mission with some late activated trains. They have one waypoint with speed set to 0 so that they remain stationery. However, when I play the mission and spawn them only the smoke from the engine is visible but not the train. What am I doing wrong? :joystick:

Thanks!

Reflected, as a test check to see if they are visible if you don't late activate them. Can you see the trains if they are started at mission start? It may be a similar problem that ver 1.5.6 has when I late activate ships. I can see the ships' bow wakes... but no ships are visible.

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

your train consists of only engines, no wagons, maybe that is causing issues?

havent had luck with that new feature yet myself, any information welcome :)

regards,

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

Can confirm. Train with late activation only shows steam from engine. I added all types of wagon.

Additional I have trains from Caucasus map running on this map, don`t know if already a known issue.

attachment.php?attachmentid=164768&stc=1&d=1498168818

Maybe something for bug report section.

@Roadrunner: What do you mean with new feature?

Screen_170622_233533.thumb.jpg.15968c0f40dc90f29297fc24e31a228b.jpg

Edited by EagleEye

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

@EagleEye,

i meant the ability to place trains on the map, thought it came with the last patch, so i said i like that feature :)

regards,

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

The caucuses train is from civilian traffic and is dependent on the year used. Don't know the exact dates, but the older train will be used if you set the year to be be 1945 or earlier. If it is a modern year, then the Caucasus train is used.

As for placed trains rendering, I haven't seen anything from ED stating it is in a testable state yet, so I suspect it should be considered WIP still.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

The caucuses train is from civilian traffic and is dependent on the year used. Don't know the exact dates, but the older train will be used if you set the year to be be 1945 or earlier. If it is a modern year, then the Caucasus train is used.

Ok, haven`t checked the year. Wasn`t aware that civilian trains are also present for Normandy map. It does not fit together with the trains one can place via the ME. They will running on each other. Yeah, all WIP of course.

I made them not late activated and I added wagons, but still only their smoke shows :(

This I do not have. If I place a train it appears completely when starting the mission. Might be if you uncheck late activation after it was checked. Will try.

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

I deleted my trains, then set up new ones, not ticking the "late activation" box. When I started the mission they weren't even visible on the F10 map:

Ok, can confirm now. Train is not visible when placed without a waypoint.

I had set a second WP on my first tries, therefore the train was visible.

Thanks! I added a waypoing some 30 meters ahead of the initial one, and now the trains are moving back and forth like crazy. They don't stop and stay at the last (1st) waypoint. Very strange :(

Sounds like how the trains move on the Caucasus map--in the Southern Caucasus, at least. Back and forth between two points.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

No idea, but its certainly a bug and still WIP. Right now the invisible trains is the bigger issue and can't really test out the proper functionality until it is fixed.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

...How do I add stationary trains, then?

Create them using static objects. It's tedious but possible. A bit easier if you use "Russian" icons. You can't just plunk a train down. You need to place the engine and, then, the individual cars all oriented and spaced properly.

BTW, I don't even get smoke, if I try to place a "active" train. Could you post your mission? I'd like to see how what you're doing differs from my attempts.

Screen_170627_070127.thumb.jpg.2eb349c06b60a59f34871896ad0de947.jpg

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.