Less patch downloading

subsonik

I hope and pray that one day, EM will stop giving us 8 gig update patches every couple of weeks. I have stopped playing the game entirely because of it, however my brother, who shares an internet connection with me, is stopping my work in order to keep up to date with this game so he can fly with his mates. This prevents me from doing work or accessing the internet, so here's a special thank you. :music_whistling:

There are far better ways of patching than replacing complete libraries in order to modify some minor parameters. It's become common abuse to expect users to download such heavy data, so frequently with such little difference noticeable. I truly hope some time is invested to spare the thousands of users from this enormous hassle.

Rant over

• Like 1

Thanks for your response NeilWillis. I wish I could just live with it but it is really getting in the way of making an income. Causing no end of squabbles because our telecoms company cannot supply us with a 2mb line atm.

Not entirely EM's fault of course, but I thought it important enough to add to the wishlist because I think this household has downloaded more far more DCS data than the rest of our internet usage combined!

Cheers

Thanks for your response NeilWillis. I wish I could just live with it but it is really getting in the way of making an income. Causing no end of squabbles because our telecoms company cannot supply us with a 2mb line atm.

Not entirely EM's fault of course, but I thought it important enough to add to the wishlist because I think this household has downloaded more far more DCS data than the rest of our internet usage combined!

Cheers

You can copy data between members of your household, then just run an update/repair afterwords to double-check the contents. That might save on bandwidth.

• Like 1

Cheers

Sounds like a discussion you should be having with your brother regarding internet usage and your employment - not ED. They are not Dr. Phil :music_whistling:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]