Radar is not turning on in MiG-21

szadro90

Hello, I have so annoying issue. I put radar switch to PREP and even after 10 minutes I switch to ON and the radar is not even highlighted. This issue is only at made by me missions (not on the campaigns etc). Tried without engine started, with engine started, on ground, in the air, every possible option.

Please help

Did you see the cursor?

If so it was a result of you flying too low/high.

If not can you verify that you had the radar turned on, on the right hand cockpit wall. A firther cause would be having enabled an error in the mission editor. Did you have the full coolant?

If everything was set up correctly, than it is most likely a bug. I don't get this on my missions.

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

I get it too from time to time. I try to always run the test function in standby mode. If the standby test works then the active mode should work as well. Doing out of order electrical switches or not waiting can cause it but I think it also happens through no fault of the user. I don't remember ever getting the radar to work if it has this problem no matter what I do after.

@Slutcher this screenhot is result of 10 minutes waiting in PREP mode, then I switched it up to show you that after 10 minutes it still don t work.

Now I know this is some kind of bug, should I then reinstall module?

No, you should turn on AC and DC generators first (on the screenshot they're off as indicated on the panel, I don't think the radar would work without electrical power :D).

Always make sure generators and both inverters are on before troubleshooting systems.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.