Multiplayer radio question

LC34

So when I join a server I always check to see if easy radio is on etc.

For one, whats the difference in the radio settings? Easy is what compared to hard?

Also, on the ground, even when server has already preset the WWII birds radios to the correct frequencies etc, I ask the airfield to start up, taxi, take off and they always answer; once I'm in the air however, non of my key presses bring up any of the radio commands. What am I doing wrong once in the air? the "" key wont bring up any of the channel options and neither will my thrustmaster warthog button I have mapped to it.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X#D

64 GB Ram

MSI RTX 4090

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

I forgot the correct binding label but the default binding is:

# opens comm menu only on ground

RAlt+# opens comm menu always

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

There are two types of comm menue: The easy mode comm menue and the realistic comm menu. They are both accessible in hard mode, although the easy mode comm menue is only available on the ground. It does not use your radios and its frequencies, and doesn't rely on power. The realistic comm menu makes use of your onboard radios and is available everywhere but requires your radios to be powered and set to the correct frequencies.

There are buttons for each comm menu, but their key assignment is different in some modules. The easy comm menue button is usally labeled somehing like "open communication menue" or "radio menu" or "comms menue" or something like that. The button for the realistic comm menu is often labeled like the actual button on the stick or throttle is called, usally something like "Mic switch". Some aircraft have 2 or even 3 (A-10C) of these mic buttons, one for each radio.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

To put it another way, If the server has Easy Comms then you can use the keyboard ('\' on mine) to open the comms menu at any time from first spawning in to when you are flying. If the Server does not have Easy Comms then you must click the in-cockpit mix button to bring up the menu (or whatever key combination is set to do that) and it won't work until the aircraft power is on and the radio is turned on...BUT... because you might need to use the comms menu before powering up, eg in order to tell the ground crew to plug you in so you *can* power up, you will be allowed to use the keyboard key to bring up the comms menu while on the ground but it will stop working after you take off.

• Like 1

==============================================================================================================================

56sqn US@R

Diary of a hopeless Pilot Officer http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 16Gb RAM, Intel Core i3/i5/i7 6xxx @ 2700 MHz