Mig21 uplayable in 2.1.1

DaveRindner

Ever since 2.0.5 Mig-21 has been getting worse. With 2.1.1 it is no longer flyable. A-10C plays nicely with FPS above 30 most of the time. With Mig21, FPS is now in single digits. Even by itself in Freeflight.

What has happened, or is happening? In 1.5.6 it plays quite nicely.

Also in 2.1 and 2.1.1 the shading has really took a nosedive. HDR is off and Deffered Shading is OFF, Cockpit GI is OFF. The instruments look bad, and with sun are unreadable as turn pure white.

MSAA and AA is OFF. Cockpit GI is OFF, shadows are Flat Only. Deferred shading is a NoGo! It is supremely slow, brings Mig21 down to 5fps, when ON. Also with Deferred Shading ON the cockpit, aircraft, and whole seen look terrible and garish, with washed out textures. Regardless of Gamma.

Maybe its just how Mig21 interacts with NTTR. But A-10C runs great, as does KA-50. FC3 is fine for the most part. SU-25T has decent FPS, but main gear tires blow on every landing, even with 1 m/s VV. Like I said, Mig21 module has been getting progressively slower in 2.1.X . Since NTTR is the only theater available for DCS 2.1.X, I can't test with Caucasus. In 1.5.6 Mig runs quite nicely.

Problem is that MiG-21 just has very high resolution textures (8k I believe), especially in regards to cockpit so along with 2.1 being quite poorly optimized (hell, even my 1080Ti struggles at times) I just think to get back to 1.5 performance state it will take some time.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7