Start DCS on second minitor?

IonicRipper

Is there a way to tell DCS to start on monitor 2? I'm trying a new setup where monitor 2 is right in front of me so i need DCS to start on that screen.

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('1 Screen');

Description = 'One monitor configuration'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = screen.width;

height = screen.height;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = screen.aspect;

}

}

You would edit x and y values. 0,0 is top left corner of monitor that is furthest to the left. Note you may have to enter exact values for width, height and aspect ratio. DCS uses variables by default, ie.- "screen.height" can also be 1080 or whatever your monitor resolution is.

Edited by JG14_Smil

OR right click on desktop > Display Settings > click on monitor 2 then scroll down and tick the 'make this my main display' box.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• 5 years later...
56 minutes ago, -Relax- said:

So i would also like to know how exactly this is possible without making the secondary monitor the primary display.
I changed x,y with some numbers but nothing is happening.

try the suggestion of this post, I have not tried it myself, as I have a single monitor, but looks promising:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB