User Control Panel and Post View

H-J-P

Hello,

I see in my User CP the reputation power of 36. But not on my post. Why?

I would be very grateful if the problem could be solved.

Simpit Software by SDA "SIMPIT DEVELOPER ASSOCIATION"

https://github.com/s-d-a/DAC, https://github.com/H-J-P/Ikarus/releases/latest, https://github.com/s-d-a/DCS-ExportScripts, Deutsches Forum, English Forum

MSI Z270; INTEL Core i7-7700K, 4x 4,8GHz, Quad-Core "Kaby Lake", GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, TrackIR 5 Pro, TM HOTAS Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 x64 Pro, 3 x SSD

keep it simple ... the 1000 small things ...

• ED Team

I dont know the ratio off the top of my head, but the points in the control panel are not 1:1

for example I have 64 in my profile and 11142 point(s) total in the cp

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I see in my User CP the reputation power of 36. But not on my post. Why?

The UCP shows the amount of reputation points that you received from other users. If you look at the list and check the users who repped you, their (public) reputation power should add up to 36 (give or take a few, as their reputation power might have changed in the mean time).

The reputation power shown next to a user's post is calculated from several factors. The formula includes years of membership, number of posts and reputation received. That's the amount of reputation points you get when they +rep you (or you loose them if you get downrepped).

So, these two values are not the same and everything works fine AFAICT.

Off the top of my head, the formula is:

+1 reputation power per year of forum membership (calculated by exact join date)

+1 reputation power for every 500 posts

+1 reputation power for every 300 reputation points received

There's probably at least one more factor that I'm not aware of, because you'd only have a rep power of 1 (one full year of membership, less than 500 posts, less than 300 reputation points) right now instead of the "2" that's currently shown.

Oh, and the formula used to be different until a couple of years ago, so older members often have much more rep-power.

• Like 1

Thanks to clarify Yurgon

Sometimes the reputation system is abused or used arbitrarily: 2 years ago I've been "punished" by a powered user, just for spite...

In this case, I've noticed that it's harder to replanish reputation power, so maybe the system is not proportional?

• Like 1

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

In this case, I've noticed that it's harder to replanish reputation power, so maybe the system is not proportional?

It probably ain't perfect. When someone with a lot of rep power strongly disagrees with you, that's surely a dent in your own rep power.

Then again, it's just a more or less random number.

Personally, I'd prefer if rep was not directed at users, but at posts.

Often times, I see great posts but can't +rep the users because (at my last count) I had to rep 50 different users before I was allowed to +rep the same user again.

Even so, sometimes I strongly disagree with someone on one topic, and strongly agree on another topic. If I downrep that user for topic #1, it takes a while until I can +rep for topic #2. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

If we could rep posts instead and got rid of this reputation power entirely, I think the forum would benefit, as it should be easier to spot good and helpful posts right away. Who cares if the poster misbehaved on another thread?

Unfortunately, AFAIK this is not an option with the current forum software, and I doubt any ED web developer is going to hack it into the software, so I guess it's just wishful thinking on my end. :smartass: