Normandy Map Inaccuracies

DD_Fenrir

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

UGRA really really needs to show their face in this community.  Communicate, acknowledge problems, etc

Edited by Magic Zach
  • Like 1

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Interesting points. I had feeling that something is off in the map but couldn't at all notice that it doesn't make sense those airfields builds! And I thought that the map is somewhat based to be usable as in WW2 as modern time, what would have explained the reported buildings etc as compromise?

I would love to see DCS to receive some camouflage nets for covering aircraft, vehicle or other various positions. 

It could be nice to have those aircraft parked in forest under such net, or other vehicles, as well have vehicles with covered such ones.

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 3 months later...
On 3/22/2021 at 5:48 AM, Silver_Dragon said:

Ugra-media has talked when complete Syria map, they return to fix and improve Normandy map.

Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

Hi there,
So do we have any news on Normandy map, from UGRA or ED at this point?

I started using the Normandy map again the other day, after a few months without touching it and upon making a mission I noticed 2 things straight away:

-Tangmere Airfield in England STILL has no radio communication. When you try to contact them, you see "Funtington" being called instead and nothing happens, no response at all. It looks like all other airfields are working correctly, from the ones I tried.
-The English side still has some "holes" on the ground or massive "walls" coming out of nowhere, making the terrain look very awkward.

Now, speaking of terrain, I know... I know... ED kind of fixed the map a while ago, remaking a lot of stuff, we had the speed trees introduced, places were revisited, new historical building were placed, etc, etc... I know, because I remember how the map was when it was first launched and we can see the improvements that were done after that and they do look great! Thanks ED for that!!! But....

Now that the Syria map is finished, or pretty much "launched in the right direction", will UGRA revisit Normandy and make it good, once and for all?

Please don't take me wrong on what I'm about to say: I know that the name of the map is "Normandy" because it was focused on the French side, coastline and territory. Good. Then after the community requested a few airfields on the English side, a few airfields were placed on the English side, great!
But to me, it looks like everything was made in a "rush" way, with not much attention given. Don't take me wrong but if you gonna make something to look better and want to improve it, then make it good enough so everybody is happy and there's not much left for people to complain about.

I don't expect to see the entire English coast made exactly as it was in 1940, no!... (my FPS will be even lower than now) but AT LEAST some of the major cities and places along the coast, could've been done a little bit better!!!

Places like Portsmouth, Brighton and Hove area, Dover... this places were attacked, harassed, etc... people watched many dogfights over the channel from this places, making a huge part of the history during The Battle of Britain or the D-Day landings for example and so many other occasions and periods during the second world war...the list goes on and on.

Please take this as a costumer's perspective/point of view, that truly wants to see the Normandy map come to the same level as all other maps.

And I truly hope that UGRA get back to Normandy and (re)make an amazing job, like they did with the Syria map!!! 🙂 

Edited by AleCisla
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, AleCisla said:

Hi there,
So do we have any news on Normandy map, from UGRA or ED at this point?

Ugra Media has release some weeks ago the Syria expansion. By now, they have making bug fixing on the Siria map, waiting to return to Normandy map.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Ugra Media has release some weeks ago the Syria expansion. By now, they have making bug fixing on the Siria map, waiting to return to Normandy map.

Oh well... so that's good news then!!! 😄 

Thank you for your reply Silver_Dragon and thanks to Ugra Media too!!!
I'm sure that many of us will be looking forward to that!

• 3 weeks later...

Still unresolved:

1. Hangars on the Allied ALGs

2. Incorrect orientation of ALG B-3 St Croix-sur-mer

3. Chain link fencing and guard towers around Allied ALGs

Could you at least, Ugra, have the manners to say if you will attend to these issues and if not, why? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1