[RESOLVED]DCS 2.0 F5-E trim glitch

Tango86

Can anyone tell me how to troubleshoot a pitch trim issue I'm having? I have checked and double checked controls, all is fine, however, upon adjusting pitch for takeoff... the pitch trim adjustment no longer stops trimming. After 1 push of the keys (tried both keyboard default and mapped to my stick) it goes ALL THE WAY in the direction your trying to trim.

Please some help, cannot fly with holding nose up or down due to this trim problem.

Edited by BIGNEWY
TITLE

• ED Team

Hi

and welcome to the forum

if you press RCtrl + enter in the pit you can see the controls indicator, do you see anything strange here?

if you save a short track replay after you exit the mission and attach it here we would be happy to check it for you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi there and thank you for replying. Everything looks great there, the trim at default is sitting perfectly. Upon increasing the trim though... I increase it and let off the buttons via keyboard and the trim just keeps on going until full trim. I attempt to decrease.... and it just runs all the way back to no trim lol

It's killing me lol

I will attempt to save a replay for upload, I've never done that before but I am confident I can find a video on hot to do so.

• ED Team

Hi

when you exit a mission you will get a chance to save a replay during the debrief

that track is saved to C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.Openalpha\Tracks

hope that helps

Edited by BIGNEWY

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

This information is very helpful, I'll be jumping on after work today execute. I'll keep the video short with a good view of that pitch trim gauge tucked up under the top left of the console. I truly appreciate the help BIGNEWY, fingers crossed it's entirely my fault and easily fixed lol

Hey Tryphon, So mine runs all the way to max all the way up or down, and yours seems to intermittently works but its kind of rough, and its hit or miss each time you apply trim correction...hmm...I'm actually sitting here wondering if I should go into controls and check the ff tune or axis controls even though they are hot keyed to the keyboard. I almost feel like the increase and decrease buttons when pressed...become sticky keys. it activates, but then refuses to let go after de-pressing it. I have 2 versions of DCS, one on Steam ( 1.5.6 ) and the other ( 2.1.1 I believe ) on my E: drive ironically this issue happens in both versions.

hey Tango,

What you can do is download a preset hotas profile. i use those key set up from mustang :

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BxD7OYrwCi0KOGN5OGR4OXJuUlk.

may be a reset of your keying (with those .lua files) and your trim just assigned to your stick would help?

BTW If you want to check your DCS version go to MISSION EDITOR then MISC then CREDIT and you will have the full version number ;)

hope it will help!

Hey guys, I want to say thank you to everyone for the help! I have discovered what my issue was and it is now corrected. In the options menu within DCS there are two options that can cause you quite a headache. 1. Force feedback option, and 2. Sync Hotas controls on mission start. I had both of these options checked somehow and was treating my Hotas and some of its key bindings as if it were perhaps a different model with rotating switches and hats opposed to sliders and toggles. My issues have been corrected, I checked and double checked and it looks like I can now finally move onto the F5-E and start learning how to best utilize it. I am not a member of many forums and typically am not know to start threads or speak much on them, but I am grateful to you both for providing me with some good feedback and genuinely being interested in helping me.

If you ever wanna fly together or teach me a few things I do have a Teamspeak server I would be happy to have you both in anytime. Send me a PM if your interested and if I don't hear from you thank you for sharing your knowledge with me.

• Like 1

• ED Team

good to hear you have found the solution, enjoy your flight :)

• 1 year later...
Tango, What did you do with the Force feedback option and Sync Hotas controls? I am having the same issues.

Just uncheck them in your options.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1