Trucks leave road and stop

Luft08

Hi all. I just got DCS World and purchased the Normandy 1944 + WWII Assets Pack. Wow! The mission editor is awesome! I of course had to jump right in and start playing with it. :)

I want to build a super easy "destroy the truck convoy" mission. I placed a Transport M818 on a road and set some way points along the road with type "On Road" but the truck starts and immediately leaves the road and stops.

Probably a beginner mistake but I haven't a clue how to make it work.

Could be a bug with the roads on the map - I seem to remember this is something ED is still working on.

Be aware Normandy and asset pack is an "early access" (read: not feature complete and with known and unknown bugs) release intented for people who want to help find those bugs and follow the development of the map.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

I started over and was careful to test at each waypoint it looks like the trucks don't stay on the road very well unless the speed is set to 11 kts or less. If they go off road and hit some things they stop. I had to muck about with intersections. I set a few off road waypoints so that the trucks would cut the corner. I still have a few areas where it looks like the three stooges are driving. Getting better however.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Post the mission file so someone can take a look. It'll be easier to figure out if it is an AI behavior issue, problem with the map, or something else.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum