Su33 Aimpoint

ruddy122

I noticed something with Tacview and the DCS SU33

Because the Su33 does not utilize a flight path marker(fpm) in it's HUD, I want to know where the visual aimpoint is located on the Su33

I use the ils info bar 1/4 up the HUD glass as a rough aimpoint

Just looking to see what other Su33 drivers use

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

I use experience mostly.

One thing I would like to mention, if in any case you need a fixed reference pointer for the guns in a fight it's right below the "20". This is where the bullets will go if there is no G being pulled, ie. 1G.

Screenshot_13_zpsft8j3ifo.jpg

Cmptohocah=CMPTOHOCAH 😉

Just looking to see what other Su33 drivers use

Cheers

This goes for the Su-27 and the -33. Answer: I don't use a visual reference. I use the vertical velocity indicator along with the altitude readout to infer where I'm going. In reality there will come a point at which you become so used to flying the -33 or -27 that you can 'feel' where it's actually going under any given flight conditions. This is in fact quite an important skill to develop as it's very useful during cross-wind landings.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

after a week of only flying the f-16, i was coming in on final with the flanker and had a slight shock when i realized the e bracket was never going to appear on the hud. once conscious of that it felt like i flipped a switch in my butt (please) and all of a sudden i was feeling the aoa and glideslope instead.

i think we all still use reference points, just they're distributed as the hud supports/glare shield/canopy bow. we evaluate how the ground moves relative to those, just like when flying formation.