DCS A-20 Havoc or B-26 Marauder Bombers as flyable modules ?

Basco1

As Normandy is now well and truly here,flying around this excellent map,I can't help but think that what would be great is a flyable bomber.There are so many excellent targets of opportunity to be had.

Now I appreciate the work to develop a flyable B-17G would be a very labour intensive task,however,as the A-20 Havoc and B-26 bombers are now being developed as Ai aircraft,these surely would make great little bomber modules to make flyable,and for DCS to have it's first WWII bomber.

They both have less engines,less turrets than the B-17 to create,and would make fine bombers to get us all started.

DCS is lacking a bomber IMO,and these would be both ideal modules.

Now I appreciate to create both modules would be an impossible task,but to have either one of these bombers would be fantastic.

Both bombers figured highly during the battles of Normandy,so they would match the Normandy scene perfectly.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

As Normandy is now well and truly here,flying around this excellent map,I can't help but think that what would be great is a flyable bomber.There are so many excellent targets of opportunity to be had.

Now I appreciate the work to develop a flyable B-17G would be a very labour intensive task,however,as the A-20 Havoc and B-26 bombers are now being developed as Ai aircraft,these surely would make great little bomber modules to make flyable,and for DCS to have it's first WWII bomber.

They both have less engines,less turrets than the B-17 to create,and would make fine bombers to get us all started.

DCS is lacking a bomber IMO,and these would be both ideal modules.

Now I appreciate to create both modules would be an impossible task,but to have either one of these bombers would be fantastic.

Both bombers figured highly during the battles of Normandy,so they would match the Normandy scene perfectly.

Yo-yo tell about a "project" about a twin engine bomber but none official about model and era has been confirmed.

Enviado desde mi GT-S7580 mediante Tapatalk

I would expect the twin-engines bombers to be a more sensible option for player-flyables.

Same goes for RAF types like the Lanc. Sure, they are amating birds, but their real-world value doesn't really match up so well with gaming expectations.

The twinnies (A20, B25, Mosquito) make more sense.

And given that the A20 and B25 were used extensively by the RAF and the USAAF, those would be more sensible than the mozzie (despite my love for the mozzie....)

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Yo-yo tell about a "project" about a twin engine bomber but none official about model and era has been confirmed
I'm not sure he said it was a bomber, just a twin piston engine aircraft in order to help develop the tech behind such a highly complex flight model. It could be anything, a P-38 as has been said many times would be gladly welcome though a bomber would also surely be. Anyway, the Me262 is a twin engine, so who knows what's in ED's mind...

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I'm not sure he said it was a bomber, just a twin piston engine aircraft in mer to help develop the tech behind such a highly complex flight model. It could be anything, a P-38 as has been said many times would be gladly welcome though a bomber would also surely be. Anyway, the Me262 is a twin engine, so who knows what's in ED's mind...

S!

They have quite a few twin engine planes by now. MIG29, F-15, Su-27, Su25 etc. But they ate all jets.

But I agree that if DCS ww2 is suposse to be relevant for years to come, we need twin engine attackers. Me410, Hs129, A20, Mosquito etc.

Edited by Solty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

They have quite a few twin engine planes by now. MIG29, F-15, Su-27, Su25 etc. But they ate all jets.

Well, yes they have, but sometimes Yo-yo has pointed out how WWII piston engines are related to Ka-50 gas turbine model, and who knows how the model of the early jet engines in Me-262 would be, though no props for sure.

Anyway, the huge problem is to model a twin piston engine with all the forces involved in props but doubled and including the interferences between those forces and quirks typical to a RL multi-engine aircraft (bear in mind, unseen in any simulator to the date). I guess that's a really complex maths and engineering exercise in the DCS way.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I would buy the A-20 Havoc in a heartbeat as well as the A-26 Invader and the B-24 Liberator and the Mitchell of course.I would like ED to take a stab at making it's first multi engine plane for WWII in the future by starting out with a twin engine modeled first.:thumbup:

• 1 month later...

I'm not so sure about big heavy bombers, as far as multiplayer. I don't think it will work out too well, in general servers. There will likely be a lot of random loners, instead of one big mass. This will lead to said loners being easily picked off. And group on teamspeak don't get that big in numbers, compared to the numbers for real bombing runs.

However, I do think that other ground attack aircraft would be better for gameplay. For example, a flyable Junkers JU-87. One pilot, one gunner. Not too big and unmaneuverable, and has good cannons for more light attack roles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

JSIsoj1QPAc

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I'd buy both the Havoc and the Mitchell in a heartbeat. Flew both a lot in an old sim back in the day and absolutely loved the groundpounding! & imagine how much better they'd be here in DCS... :thumbup:

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

The Mossie is the obvious choice. Flying examples are around, it is the most versatile aircraft of the entire war, has both crew members in the one compartment, and out performs just about everything else out there, including giving fighters a real run for their money.

Plus it's made of wood, so material costs will be lower :music_whistling:

A-20, B-25, A-26 would all be great. Bf-110, Ju-87, Mosquito would also be cool.

And may be even Pe-2 and IL-2, though that would be whole another theater.

Some prop attack planes would be cool indeed.

Although funnily, and perhaps arguably, the upcoming P-47 would be a better attack plane than most of these :).

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

And may be even Pe-2 and IL-2, though that would be whole another theater.

HELL yes. Would purchase them plus the theatre immediately. Flew the arse off both in that aforementioned sim of old & absolutely loved them, especially the IL-2. That plane is sturdy as hell and packs a mighty MIGHTY punch! Das Betonflugzeug indeed, as the Germans called it :D

Plus all those hair-raising divebombing gigs in the Peshka... those were the days!

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Mosquito FB VI is a MUST have aircraft, along with the Hawker Typhoon. Can't have a representation of Normandy without the Typhoon.

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

JU88. If you know what i'm sayin'...

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What do you guys think of the P-61 Black Widows or the A-26/B-26 Invader

N5DNMTJiNmw

Uxj2Ugfm7Vs

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

The B-26 would be great. It has been used from WWII to Vietnam.

A true milestone in military aviation

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Couldn't agree more!! The Invader was the quintessential light attack bomber for the Allies. The Mossie was, by far, more beautiful and the Mitchel more iconic, but if you need something to get you and your bombs in and out fast and unscathed, the Invader is the one you want!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]