Hornet Hype thread. Videos, Pictures, Books, Articles. Build that hype.

Ocelotunit

If anyone missed Great planes: F/A-18 its a great documentary. I never realized the F-5 Tiger = F-17 cobra = F/A-18 aspect before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekR_QnY5thw

F-5 + F404-GE-400 (the engine in the Hornet) = F-20 Tigershark. Imagine it.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hype Videos incoming ! Like & Share please :thumbup:

Sorry the "Youtube" button doesn't work well with my videos :huh:

Edited by AoS_Nexus
My Flight Sim YouTube Channel Win10 x64 Pro • i7 7700k (delided) • Gainward Phoenix 1080 GLH • 32Gb RAM G.Skill Ripjaws IV 2400 • Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero • Creative Sound Blaster Z • Samsung 850 Pro Evo 500Go • WD Velociraptor 1To • Seagate Barracuda 4To • Seasonic Prime Titanium 750w • Phanteks PH-TC14PE /TM Hotas Warthog /Vkb T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV /Track iR 5 & Traclip Pro

Sorry the "Youtube" button doesn't work well with my videos :huh:

Nexus

Just insert the video id, not the full url

So for your first vid

this url https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kjGpNdJ3ek just insert the bold bit in between the youtube tabs. to link the vid.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Just posting some stuff that has seriously upped the hype for the Hornet (as if it wasn't already)

For some reason embedding this isn't working. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOHYVUZUpYA

This is one of the most recent videos I've seen of F/A-18C's operating from a carrier, lots of good traps, refuelling and strikes.

41GT56692BL._SX310_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Hornets Over Kuwait by Jay A. Stout

Currently reading this, seems pretty good so far, will update when I'm done.

Amazon Link

438230.jpg

Bogeys and Bandits: The Making of a Fighter Pilot by Robert Gandt

Quite enjoyed this one although its more about the pilots and their backgrounds which I found less interesting than a war diary type of book but still worth checking out.

Amazon Link

Haven't found too many books by Hornet pilots, anyone got any others to recommend?

I've read Bogeys and Bandits (great stuff) I downloaded Hornets over Kuwait and really enjoying it. Many thanks.

Nexus

Just insert the video id, not the full url

So for your first vid

this url https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kjGpNdJ3ek just insert the bold bit in between the youtube tabs. to link the vid.

Oh ok, thanks man! :thumbup: Like & share, i'm starting up and waiting for the Hornet but in the meantime i did and do videos in French and English about DCS and reshade :pilotfly:

My channel

And... "sitrep" Thread on this forum

I'm a little "noobish" with video montage but it i will improve with time i hope :cry:

I fly the Hornet since '96 so i know it well and i'll publish a lot of things about it :joystick:

My Flight Sim YouTube Channel Win10 x64 Pro • i7 7700k (delided) • Gainward Phoenix 1080 GLH • 32Gb RAM G.Skill Ripjaws IV 2400 • Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero • Creative Sound Blaster Z • Samsung 850 Pro Evo 500Go • WD Velociraptor 1To • Seagate Barracuda 4To • Seasonic Prime Titanium 750w • Phanteks PH-TC14PE /TM Hotas Warthog /Vkb T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV /Track iR 5 & Traclip Pro

It occurs to me that for the first few weeks we may not see that many Hornets airborne on servers, even though plenty of people bought the module. Why? Because the flight deck of the carrier will be foul due to all the people who crashed trying to trap when they got the wave off from the LSO :D

Maybe we'll have trap wires on ground runways you know? Like in real life with the T-45 Goshawk they do "false" carrier landings with it, i'll be using that first if it is created.

Maybe we'll have trap wires on ground runways you know? Like in real life with the T-45 Goshawk they do "false" carrier landings with it, i'll be using that first if it is created.

I've seen the devs post somewhere that this will NOT be a thing, at least not any time in the near future. Apparently it's a lot of work to program that in, and they said it's not a top priority for them right now. Too much other stuff to work on, I guess. I'll see if I can find the post.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It doesn't strike me as a difficult thing to put the landing "box" outline on a runway in order to work on flying carrier patterns. This is what they do at bases like NAF El Centro. They don't actually take a wire (unless there's an emergency .. but even the emergency wire is not in the "box", its further down the runway)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

It doesn't strike me as a difficult thing to put the landing "box" outline on a runway in order to work on flying carrier patterns. This is what they do at bases like NAF El Centro. They don't actually take a wire (unless there's an emergency .. but even the emergency wire is not in the "box", its further down the runway)

If I remember correctly, one of the airports in, I believe, Nevada already has a box painted on the runway.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

At the Royal International Air Tattoo [RIAT] 2017

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

Really nice display.

Been watching the arrivals and tidbits on youtube of this years RIAT.

He looks to be very squeezed by the cloud cover, gets very low on the one pull at about 1:04 in.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Out of all the 4.5 (5th generation included) fast movers on display it was actually the Hornet that imo stole the show, not sure if it was the weather or if the Spanish pilot was given permission to fly a more 'dynamic' display but he nailed it - i was expecting a slighly less manauverable F16'ish type performance but the way the Hornet exploits high alpha is uniquely awesome - whilst watching the display all i could think about was DCS!

System Specs: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz @ 4.8GHz, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 RAM, GeForce GTX 4090, Crucial SSD (750 GB), TrackIR 5, TMWH, TM T-Flight Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49” Odyssey G9

WOW.... Some incredibly slow speeds over the top, and yeah, that pull out around 1:05 seems really, really low. And 2:45.... That's practically a COBRA maneuver.

Edited by bcradio

Out of all the 4.5 (5th generation included) fast movers on display it was actually the Hornet that imo stole the show, not sure if it was the weather or if the Spanish pilot was given permission to fly a more 'dynamic' display but he nailed it - i was expecting a slighly less manauverable F16'ish type performance but the way the Hornet exploits high alpha is uniquely awesome - whilst watching the display all i could think about was DCS!
Hornet is quite old news in Spanish Air Force, Spanish display pilots know how to nail it either in high or low altitude displays :thumbup: . He probably missed the 0.98 MACH pass, 90º zoom but few more of the usual figures they use to show because the ceiling.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

blue angels..can't get enuff

...also for those that think cockpit canopies are made of magical force shields that never get a speck of dirt on them... and these are the Blue-angels... you can eat off the bottom top or sides of them how clean they are kept. :cry:

Edited by cauldron