F-16

SparxOne

F-16C for DCS

It has been simulated quite a bit

Falcon series ending with Falcon 4: Allied Force, Falcon BMS, Digital Integration F-16.

The aircraft is still in frontline use with USAF, ANG, allies, and clients. However flight model and FBW Laws is till classified, but is generally well understood , without unofficially being acknowledged. I am not certain LM would assist, as F-16C (various blocks) is exceptionally well simulated in PREPARE3D (which is explicitly not available for entertainment and home market). Doubtfull they would grant licence to ED. But I would love to have F-16C/D Block 50/52++, UAE Block60, and ultimately F-16V Viper Block70. F-16 is most deployed type in NATO , MidEast Allied , and Far East air forces, and much of USAF , and NATO battle plans revolve around this type.

• Like 1

F-15, F-14, F-18... the sim is getting full of F's except the most relevant one! Why does nobody even dare to propose the F-16? What happen with this a/c? is it coursed or something?

Regards!

In the Words of the Dude: That's like, just your opinion man! :music_whistling:

I for one feel that the most relevant "F" is on its way and we will see it "hopefully" released in some form this year. Yes Im talking about the legendary F14 Tomcat. ;)

I will never understand the huge attraction that the Falcon (or Viper) has for pretty much every simmer out there. I guess a lot of it is due to the great study sim that I won't mention here by name. It's also a very popular export plane that sees service in a lot of countries.

IMO the Hornet is a much more interesting multirole platform, due to carrier operations, though it's hard to argue with the F16 performance numbers, especially when configured for Air to Air.

I guess what Im trying to say is that I don't really care much one way or another whether we ever get the F16 in DCS.

• Like 1

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Throughout many decades, the F-16 has become pretty much the "MiG-21 of the West", so even though I'm not interested in modern aviation at all, I understand the appeal of the Falcon.

That being said, every time someone creates yet another damn "F-16 in DCS?"-type of a thread, God kills a kitten.

Please, think of kittens!

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I will never understand the huge attraction that the Falcon (or Viper) has for pretty much every simmer out there

It's not the a/c itself what's cool, but the fact that it can do literally any kind of mission out there.

F-14 is cool yes, but only doing BARCAPs will turn out boring, I'm sure.

BRING ME MULTIROLE ASSETS!

amalahama, I'm with you but you have to admit, peoples reactions are hilarious. They all sound like they just died a little inside. :D

P.S. Guys, we are not asking for cover sheets on TPS reports and you don't have to come into work Saturday.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Because everyones too damn scared it wont compete with BMS..

It doestnt have too ffs...BMS took 15 years to get where it is..If anyone expected that they need a slap in the face anyways...

AEF JetwasH | 161 SQN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If anyone expected that they need a slap in the face anyways...

you joke about it but there are already too many people who have trouble waiting 15 days, nevermind 15 years.

anyways, i think in addition to rtfm we need to add rtff.

It's not the a/c itself what's cool, but the fact that it can do literally any kind of mission out there.

F-14 is cool yes, but only doing BARCAPs will turn out boring, I'm sure.

BRING ME MULTIROLE ASSETS!

Oh you mean a real multi-role that can also do carrier ops? That is already on its way... ;)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Oh you mean a real multi-role that can also do carrier ops? That is already on its way... ;)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTOKSuIkHvALPF1Iwf9bDPusjPJO-Jry9Pv68bxm8QZaYkOKLx

:D:smartass:

Yeah, all of you wish you flew the Viper

Probably since the time you wore a diaper

We got every mission that you do

And we fly 'em all better than you

'Cause we're single seat, multi-role

We can fly right up our own "ahem"

Yeah, all of you wish you flew the Viper

I am simple man and simpler train of taught :)

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

:D:smartass:

I am simple man and simpler train of taught :)

:megalol: Dos Gringos are Great!

Would love to see a Viper doing fleet defense in the north Atlantic or in the middle of the Pacific, though.

Just a notch more multi in multi-role :D

Anyway, it seems not to be on any roadmoap at the moment...

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

:P

North Atlantic? Easy, that why there is Iceland

Middle of the Pacific? We keep Marine in Iwo Jima and tanker in Hawaii for a reason.

To whom it may concern,

:P

North Atlantic? Easy, that why there is Iceland

Middle of the Pacific? We keep Marine in Iwo Jima and tanker in Hawaii for a reason.

Very cost efficient... ;)

Shagrat

And did anybody check with Benchmark Sim guys if they would be interested on transfering their BMS F-16 into DCS? It should be a no brainer decision shouldn't it.

Regards

For one, they don't own the IP. ED was, previously, working on an F-16C module; where it stands is up in the air. Rumor is that it is still in development.

You can't just port code from one game to another, it's not that easy. You can always ask Razbam about how they rebuilt everything for the aircraft they had previously built in another commercial sim.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Did Wags just teased an F-16 or am I reading too much into this?

On the video posted today on Wags YT page

The 1st aircraft we see in the intro is an f-16!

Is that a tease? A hint for the next big model after the F/A-18 is complete?

Or is it just just me overthinking things?

F-16.thumb.jpg.e8babbfee0770e517f88f411945dc5a6.jpg

• Like 1

LOL, I don't know but I can't wait for the responses.

To whom it may concern,