F-16

SparxOne

Pleased to meet you. ;)

Okay, I'm slogging through the "official" Road Map now. What I'd been going on turns out to be old and surprisingly incomplete, though it did line up with what's available in DCS now. I stand corrected, and should know by now to follow Reagan's adage, trust but verify, check original sources before posting and all that.

I do have to say though that what ED and partners offer now is kind of a hodge podge. It's a nice HP to be sure, but I still think a more matched East vs West asset for asset approach, fudging and all, would have been a better idea. Relying on Ka-50 for our sole gunship is a bit of a bummer.

Oh, and no IFF yet?? I've been watching Grim Reaper videos for a week now and thoroughly enjoying them, and have been wondering about the occasional friendly fire incidents. Man... i'd put working friend or foe stuff at the top of my To Do list personally. Makes me think I'd better hold off on any online stuff till that's going. It's bad enough trying not to shoot friendlies in No Man's Sky when they fly right in front of you.

Anyhow, I have a lot of goodies to look forward to it seems. No hard feelings, hopefully. Now, if I can just get DCS 1.5 to install my modules without immediately crashing...

That hodge podge of aircraft has to due a lot with how much data is available for a particular plane. A developer is going to most likely chose to work on those aircraft that the data is readily available or they could acquire with easy most of the data they would need to do a DCS level simulation.

So most of the aircraft currently in DCS is because the necessary data was available hence why there seems to be more older aircraft.

A developer is going to most likely chose to work on those aircraft that the data is readily available or they could acquire with easy most of the data they would need to do a DCS level simulation. So most of the aircraft currently in DCS is because the necessary data was available hence why there seems to be more older aircraft.

I know it's super easy to be a monday morning quarterback, and I don't want to be a grouch about this because this is about the only real flight sim in town, besides that Falcon mod-thing I just stumbled over. DCS is very slick and looks like a blast.

With all the older assets sitting around, I'm surprised ED didn't jump on jets like the A-4, A-7, Tornado, Jaguar, MiG-23, 27 and Mirage F1 right off, planes which played crucial roles in Desert Storm and Afghanistan. I know most of those are coming or are available in mods. Maybe they just weren't on most gamers' radar.

Anyway, I'm hoping to see a lot of new modules in 2018, and a few more this fall. I want to flesh out my toybox a bit more. :joystick:

Team Red wish MiG-23/27, Su-17/22, Su-24, Su-30 C, Yak-130, Tu-16, Tu-95, Tu-22M

Team Blue want AH-1W, AH-64, Alphajet, A-4, Jaguar, Tornado, F-16, A-6, A-7, F-111, F-15E, B-52, B-1B

Anyway, I'm hoping to see a lot of new modules in 2018, and a few more this fall. I want to flesh out my toybox a bit more. :joystick:

Aren't we all....

Yes, the current set of planes in DCS is a mix of what was easily available, what they could produce quickly, whatever commercial project they did and what the developers wanted to make (esp. 3rd party). To an untrained eye, it makes no sense.

To many people who have been here for years, it still makes no sense.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

• 2 weeks later...

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• 2 months later...
I agree that the F-16 time is currently not the best for it to come to DCS for two main reasons. 1. There are already one too many great modules that are about to be released like the F-14, F/A-18 and the AV-8B Harrier and more in the pipeline like the F-4E Phantom. 2. The F-16 is currently in active service and will remain so for many years to come. Which means those modern systems are currently classified. So unless they were to try to do any early version like the F-16A/B I don't see it becoming very feasible anytime soon.

In the mean time there are already too many modules coming to keep me occupied for a long time.

I think if they could negotiate for Licensing with Lockheed Martin they could very much Do a F16C late block like the 50/52

The Developers from that 3 lettered F16 sim that cannot be nammed here ( which is essentially a community Mod) designed the Viper All from Open Source Data. And the Viper is one of those planes that has lots of accssible information. Either way its the most accurate F-16 sim to date, being on a full fidelity level even if in a older not as pretty looking engine that is DCS.

the Viper voer there isnt justt a 90s F16C block 50/52 Viper but USAF Post MLU update of the early 2000s Sporting 2 Multifuction Colour Displays, and further by having Aim9x and HMCS capability. So in essence sporting comparable new Toys that a 2000s era F/A18C has ; save Navy Hornet only upgrading 1 of the displays (AMPCD) to a Colour capable LCD for mapping purposes whilst the Upper 2 still retain the Archaic Monochrome green displays dating back from the early 80s.

The problems are greater when trying to find data for modernized more capable versions for export like the BLock 50/52 + or the BLock 60 ETC. Anyways i and some others have presented reasonable arguments why we think think F16C up to the block 50/52 ( 1990s era up to circa 2002-05 Viper ) would be within the realm of possibility, and as someone has mentioned around here based on what WAGs at some point said the F16 is on ED's radar as consideration for a potential module.

Its more of a matter of When rather than IF IMO.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

dont assume as to why a F/A-18C is being done before the any F-16s..

why? In the absense of answers all we have IS logical Analysis of reasoning?

are you implying you happen to know something we don't?

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Hopefully they get to that F-16C when they are done with the F-18 !

Matt has said a few times that is only a matter of when, so it sounds like it's on ED's radar.

That would be soooo awesome!

From another thread.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

From this very forum: [/img]

Lol, this pic has a veeeeeeery long beard :D

If my memory serves me well, it comes from a BS1 era, even before A-10. You can also fing a Apache or Hind cockpit renders

i am also one of the BMS shifter to DCS. DCS in early times was really like an arcade play from physics to avionics but graphics was always the best. it all started for me from A10C which is still awesome after all these year. anyhow i always been a viper fan flight years with it and i am ready to contribute financially to the project. it will be a dream come true for most of the viper pilots around.

PETITION FOR THE F-16

Folks,

I loved flying the F-16 in Falcon 4.0. The realism of that sim was second to none back then and I'm sure it still is with BMS. That said DCS I believe is a better platform for the Viper and I would love to see this plane in the NEAR future. Please chime in if you feel the same way.

WE WANT THE F-16!!!!

• MB: MPG Z790 EDGE WIFI
  • Memory: WD Black SN850X 2TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2
  • CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K Desktop Processor 24 cores (8P+16E) 36M Cache
  • EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090
  • TrackIR on Samsung 49 inch Odyssey Widescreen
  • No money in my pocket lol

Folks,

I loved flying the F-16 in Falcon 4.0. The realism of that sim was second to none back then and I'm sure it still is with BMS. That said DCS I believe is a better platform for the Viper and I would love to see this plane in the NEAR future. Please chime in if you feel the same way.

WE WANT THE F-16!!!!

Yes yes yes. ED already told us they will do it but not when they will do it. You can calm down now ;-)

Great idea, everyone post!

This is exactly what will happen....

Dev Team will see this post,

Agree its a good idea,

F-16 will be released in two weeks!

Can't wait to fly it! ;)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Probable multi-million dollar projects that take years or almost a decade in some cases don't happen because of petitions I'll tell you that right now.

Also BZ, F-16 isn't really classified. Sure the defensive systems like RWR are, but other than that it's the same level as a F/A-18C really, hell they both are from the same competition and can do exactly the other can do (except F/A-18 can land on carriers and has 2 engines, while F-16 looks cooler :D)

I remember one mission I was on, it was a CAP and I ran into a few Migs. I came out of it with an engine failure at around angels 20. I nosed down to glide and set my trims. As a last ditch effort I tried doing a full shut down and restart of the engine to see if I could coax it back to life and IT WORKED!!!! That experience was incredibly Immersive. I was sweating bullets hoping I'd make it back since I had already invested 2 hours of flight time to the mission. Very fun!!!

• EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090

Probable multi-million dollar projects that take years or almost a decade in some cases don't happen because of petitions I'll tell you that right now.

Also BZ, F-16 isn't really classified. Sure the defensive systems like RWR are, but other than that it's the same level as a F/A-18C really, hell they both are from the same competition and can do exactly the other can do (except F/A-18 can land on carriers and has 2 engines, while F-16 looks cooler :D)

Regardless, at least they see in a thread specifically voicing a demand for the jet.

• EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090

Good to see another F-16 thread. Its been at least 3 days since the last, or since the last old F-16 thread got bumped out of the basement. I had almost forgotten about the F-16 existence :)

• Like 3

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

That "other" hardcore sim covers it already to a degree noone ever will exceed, and its development continues even now.

Yeah don’t agree with that. ED has shown they can build modules that accurately reflect flight dynamics and avionics modeling. Just because another sim exists is no reason for it not to be done by ED.

I would imagine queues out of the door if the Viper gets released but lets get the F/A 18 out the door first, then the Yak 52 and whatever is next on ED's roadmap. Don't wish your life away :)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good to see another F-16 thread. Its been at least 3 days since the last, or since the last old F-16 thread got bumped out of the basement. I had almost forgotten about the F-16 existence :)

Lol true, I can handle the sarcasm but it just reinforces how badly this sim needs it and how badly the community want it.

• EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090