Anti-Icing system affects right engine power output more then left

SnapRoll

I’ve noticed that the right engine is more affected by power loss when the anti-icing system is switched on. Does anyone know if this is supposed to be like that? To clarify, I did switch on the left engines’ anti-icing manually.

From my understanding, both engines should be affected the same way.

DCSW 1.5.6.5199

Anti_Icing_Impact.thumb.jpg.f7647d63ae7c7e321a8329a8c0115926.jpg

PC Specs: Win10, 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5CL30@6000Mhz, ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X, 2x Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, LG OLED42C2, Pico 4
Flight Sim Gear: VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip with WarBRD Base and 6cm extension, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC SharKa-50 Collective Grip with Rotor TCS Plus Base, BRD-F1 Rudders(Su-35), 3x8"LCD 1024x768 with TM-MFDs, DIY dashboard with 60 buttons and 8 axis MMJOY2, POV-HAT(no TrackIR)
Aircraft: F/A-18C, F-16C, F-14, F-5E, Mig-21bis, Mig-15bis, AH-64D, Mi-24P, Mi-8MTV2, Black Shark 2 & 3, Uh-1H, FC3, SpitfireLFMkIX, P-51D, I-16, Mosquito FB VI, Bf109K-4
Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, Channel, Sinai

Tech: WWII Assets Pack, Supercarrier

• 5 years later...
On 11/19/2022 at 8:01 AM, admiki said:

Manual doesn't say it, but I think that rotor/pitot/ etc anti-ice is powered by right engine only, since it's the only side with automatic activation.

OK; cool, thanks for the info.

Looked up a system description online and realised that was also the reason I couldn't turn the right side off, as the switch does manual on(up) and automatic(down).

You can get it to turn off using the circuit breaker though. 

3 hours ago, jonsky7 said:

Looked up a system description online and realised that was also the reason I couldn't turn the right side off, as the switch does manual on(up) and automatic(down).

No. You can turn it off (if it's not icing) by that big anti-ice off button between left and right engine anti-ice switches.

4 hours ago, admiki said:

No. You can turn it off (if it's not icing) by that big anti-ice off button between left and right engine anti-ice switches.

Huh? I don't see a button between left and right engine switches.

It was icing conditions, I needed more power to lift a heavy crate.

ice.jpg

Sorry, brain fart. That big button in your photo that says OFF under it.

It's being a long time so can't remember, but I think anti-ice will go out if you press that button and kick back in after some time (can't remember how long it will take to kick back in)

18 hours ago, admiki said:

Sorry, brain fart. That big button in your photo that says OFF under it.

It's being a long time so can't remember, but I think anti-ice will go out if you press that button and kick back in after some time (can't remember how long it will take to kick back in)

Thanks

On 11/20/2022 at 11:02 AM, jonsky7 said:

Not true. You can turn the Anti ice system by black round button when it is in automatic mode unless ice is detected by RIO-3.
Also asymetric engine power is horribly wrong. Electric anti-ice system is powered by generators which are conected to main gearbox not the engines. 

1 hour ago, DeMonteur said:

Not true. You can turn the Anti ice system by black round button when it is in automatic mode unless ice is detected by RIO-3.
Also asymetric engine power is horribly wrong. Electric anti-ice system is powered by generators which are conected to main gearbox not the engines. 

Yes, Admiki mentioned that above. Initially I didn't understand why the right engine anti-ice wasn't turning off when I flicked the switch. Now I know you must press the big round button.

I do see your point about the asymmetric engine power, I had thought that the main, and tail rotor etc were pneumatic anti-ice (bleed air). I see you are correct that they are powered electrically. So there should not be a difference in effect on the engines if both engines have anti-ice on.

@Flappie Could you have another look at the huge difference in engine performance when both engines have anti-ice on please?