Fighting AI F15 / F16?

oho

I've read that F15 and F16 are superior in BVR because of better AIM120 fire and forget abilities.

Is there an easy way against AI to counter that in a SU27.

I want to avoid starting a Mission over and over again cry.gif

google notching

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I've read that F15 and F16 are superior in BVR because of better AIM120 fire and forget abilities.

Your best tactic will depend entirely on the specifics of the situation you're in. Can you describe the mission for us?

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

First, always assume that F-15's and -16's are carrying AIM-120s. That means you won't get a launch warning until the missile's own active seeker locks you up. By then it's on your doorstep and you have too little time to do much of anything effective. The time to defeat this missile is before it comes knocking on your door.

Assuming a one-on-one fight and against the AI only--online against human pilots is a completely different matter--assume that a missile is on its way at roughly the same time you would first get the Launch Authorized symbology on the Su-27's HUD. Wait just a bit and turn your nose away from your target almost to the point where you will lose him on your radar. Then turn the other way in a similar manner. Climb and lose altitude as well. The idea is to force the missile to expend energy as it maneuvers to intercept you. Done properly, the missile will not have enough energy to keep up with you in the final moments. [EDIT: The AI typically waits until its first missile missile misses before launching a 2nd. This is what gives you an advantage in this setting. Human opponents typically don't have the same attitude toward missile conservation.]

At the same time. Launch a missile of your own to force the AI aircraft into a defensive posture. Fly to put him above your altitude as he maneuvers to give your missile(s) a better chance of hitting him.

That's sort of the in-a-nut-shell explanation. Once missile modeling is improved, this won't work but, for now...

Is there a particular mission that you're referring to?

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Ask Vshooter or Diamond Viper... Those $^%&^% would merge with a F-22 or a 12 shot advanced F-15 and still come out victorious. :D :D

thats really funny because i still remember the night diamondviper came in crying about not knowing how to dodge missiles.