New caucasus map

-IRRE-Rolluptito

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wow. Those pictures look purely amezing. Would love to see some screens from a higher perspective though ;) I'm starting to think that the new old Caucasus will be the best map in DCS :)

• Like 1

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

How about 60 "screens" pr second, in a glorious fashion? :music_whistling: :D

what a tease :lol:

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Uboats,

What are the strange blurry areas around the telephone/telegraph poles?

m1C5vmB.jpg

Happy Simming,

Monnie

Edited by MonnieRock

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

If this map performs in VR anything like NTTR on 2.1 does, we have a winner here.

Like most of us, I will buy all the maps. Just because. It speaks to commitment that they took an already well conceived map and reinvested in it to this extent.

Caucasus really does have everything:

* A true look and feel for the region. As an American, there's no doubt I'm flying in someone else's country.

* Water. Seaborne operations, carriers, LHA's and all that jazz.

* Terrain. Boatloads of it. Steep peaks and valleys, plains, coastline, hills... As a prolific mission designer it will be hard to pass this map by.

* Urban operations. Sometimes that's what's called for, and caucasus delivers in spades.

The attention to detail is what attracts me. I bet DCS even got the narrow gauge railroad right. :smilewink:

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

Terrain dose look fantastic BUT those Clouds are the same cotton wool buds that we have been seeing a lot of lately, with the release of 2.5 imminent I was really hoping to be a bit more impressed by the time and effort that ED had put into creating a new skyscape for us .

[sIGPIC]picture.php?albumid=1526&pictureid=9861[/sIGPIC]

Terrain dose look fantastic BUT those Clouds are the same cotton wool buds that we have been seeing a lot of lately, with the release of 2.5 imminent I was really hoping to be a bit more impressed by the time and effort that ED had put into creating a new skyscape for us .

I was just about to comment how much I liked them compared to what we have now.

• Like 1

An improvement-YES but if you look at what other sims are doing with clouds and this being nearly 2018 and ED having a new engine an all I was expecting them to deliver a bit more wow factor being as clouds are such a major part of any flying environment.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC]picture.php?albumid=1526&pictureid=9861[/sIGPIC]

Same here. Always look at the bright side of life :music_whistling:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

The glass is always full! 50% water, 39% nitrogen, 10.5% oxygen, 0,45% argon, 0,01% other gases :music_whistling::D

+1 :D

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

The 2.5 merge has always been about merging 2.xx engine tech with Caucasus map, for a unified DCS, not about adding revolutionary new techniques.

I'm sure once the big merge has been finished, they'll look into what they can improve when everything's on the same page. :)

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

An improvement-YES but if you look at what other sims are doing with clouds and this being nearly 2018 and ED having a new engine an all I was expecting them to deliver a bit more wow factor being as clouds are such a major part of any flying environment.

I think they look better than old ones but guess they need more work no doubt. Also I think they should make SMALLER clouds also instead of the very big cumulous which also can be closer to the ground. When you see pictures in real life is very common to see clouds really close to the ground compared to the height the plane is flying and that feeling is missing according to the pictures right now. I have feith they will improve.

Take a look at my MODS here