Cannot connect to local server in 1.5.7

awjudge

This bug has been declared on 2.1 and now it's spread to the 1.5 branch...

Please take care of this one. My future MP mission are compromised... I ALWAYS fly like this. I can't fly in OA and now if I can't fly in stable, it will be a nightmare.

With my squad we used to meet-up in LAN (20 pilots) twice a year. It's also compromised with this bug.

Again, the same computers (server and client), same LAN, no problem in 1.5.6...

Available, with logs and everything you need.

Thanks a lot.

Goz.

My french squad: http://www.3rd-wing.net

Beta-tester for http://lotatc.dartsite.org

• ED Team

Both beta 1.5.7 and Alpha 2.1.1 has changed query-response system for network traffic encryption keys. Sometimes clients can get message 'Server offline' when server started with unchecked box 'Public server'.

To avoid it, necessary:

- for server - to start 'hidden' server always with unchecked box 'Public server' (i.e. do NOT change server type in the same game session)

- for client - always make serverlist refresh before connect

This feature will be fixed as soon we get good compromise between user convenience and traffic security.

Edited by USSR_Rik

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

It seems as if you're suggesting that there is a work around...

But I don't see it.

I have NEVER run a private server, so that box is always checked. I've tried to uncheck it, start it up, shut it down, start it back up (so as not changing server type in the same game session)

And I still get server offline.

Reverse it, and set it back up to public (also not changing server type in the same game session)

I've never ever seen any of my servers (3) in the server list. Refreshing doesn't help. They have never shown up in all the years I've been running a server. I've always connected to them through their local address and port. It's never really bothered me since I was able to connect.

I've tried it every which way I can think of..

Try connecting to my local servers when it's set to private, public, it don't' matter..

always SERVER OFFLINE.

Not 'sometimes'' as you have suggested, but all the time.

Am I misunderstanding the suggested work around?

I can confirm, I see the same behaviour. Specifically, my servers which are publically listed, never appear in my game list. I have to connect to them via local IP address.

It seems as if you're suggesting that there is a work around...

But I don't see it.

I have NEVER run a private server, so that box is always checked. I've tried to uncheck it, start it up, shut it down, start it back up (so as not changing server type in the same game session)

Reverse it, and set it back up to public (also not changing server type in the same game session)

I've never ever seen any of my servers (3) in the server list. Refreshing doesn't help. They have never shown up in all the years I've been running a server. I've always connected to them through their local address and port. It's never really bothered me since I was able to connect.

I've tried it every which way I can think of..

Try connecting to my local servers when it's set to private, public, it don't' matter..

always SERVER OFFLINE.

Not 'sometimes'' as you have suggested, but all the time.

Am I misunderstanding the suggested work around?

This morning when I saw the update I was pissed off, thinking they just let the problem roll right into the public version. But after the update, I can login. I can only surmise that my previous attempts were done with the wrong client against the wrong server.

(not hard to do when there are so many versions :( )

So, with that being said.. 1.5.7 IS working for me. Probably always was. I think I may have gotten my versions crossed in previous testing. Verify you are using the right client against the right server.