Performance worse than 1.5.6

The performance is significantly worse than in 1.5.6 for me...Tried everything..Lowering settings in Nvidia CP, deleting saved games folder, reinstall of DCS Open beta..nothing helps much..maybe a improvement of 2 to 3 fps but still unusable. 1.5.6 runs smooth on same settings. I saw some features from 2.1 are incorporated like new shadows, lighting and such...maybe those have a negative effect. In the end this is Open beta so some debugging is surely needed anyway..hope this improves before stable release.

The performance is significantly worse than in 1.5.6 for me...Tried everything..Lowering settings in Nvidia CP, deleting saved games folder, reinstall of DCS Open beta..nothing helps much..maybe a improvement of 2 to 3 fps but still unusable. 1.5.6 runs smooth on same settings. I saw some features from 2.1 are incorporated like new shadows, lighting and such...maybe those have a negative effect. In the end this is Open beta so some debugging is surely needed anyway..hope this improves before stable release.

Have you try to set civil traffic to off? I get 2 fps...yes two fps with high settings on civil traffic but 30 - 100 with it off on a very heavy mission I made. Seems like civil traffic takes a lot of power.

Always have it off, since day one so that cannot be the problem..tried reinstalling everything once again today and it is a lot better than it was but still..for example; flying low, tilted with the ac to one side and looking sideways causes fps drop whereas in 1.5.6 that never happens. tried lowering msaa to 2 but no effect. These are my in game settings

Screen_170707_102343.thumb.jpg.3a9c52e3961db831b0e63287f5e63e70.jpg

Cro Mag 21,

Your settings are very reasonable.

As a test:

1) Keep all other same settings , set Terrain Object Shadows to "off"

2) Keep all other same settings , set Terrain Object Shadows to "flat"

See if that is the culprit

Monnie

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

dobri dahn,

(pardon my poor language. Mother's family was from Croatia and I wish I learned to speak more of it.)

That stinks it is not running well! It is probably the best NTTR update in some time. The usual performance killer is the Deferred Shadows setting. If we want to run this, we need to upgrade. Sad, but true. I find DCS to be just fine without it.

Also, I note "lowered Nvidia settings". Set everyone of those settings to default and let application control do it all. They pretty much only hurt performance in DCS.

Best thread about optimizing I've ever seen is here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=68060

Best of luck to you,

I just noticed what forum I am in... hope whatever version you are referring to runs better. :)

Edited by JG14_Smil

on

Same here

Yes, 1.5.7 is much better than last update.

If an update ruins your performance it is usually time to redo your shaders with the saved games folder rename trick. It might help, might not, who knows anymore. :)

THIS! never hurts to rebuild from time to time. :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 2 weeks later...

Same for me

Yes, 1.5.7 is much better than last update.

If an update ruins your performance it is usually time to redo your shaders with the saved games folder rename trick. It might help, might not, who knows anymore. :)

Can you say how to do that?

Can you say how to do that?

By renaming the "C:\users\Your_User_Name\SavedGames" folder and letting DCS recreate it.

See https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3155262&postcount=1

Do copy your config/input so you don't have to recreate all the bindings to your joystick.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

By renaming the "C:\users\Your_User_Name\SavedGames" folder and letting DCS recreate it.

See https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3155262&postcount=1

Do copy your config/input so you don't have to recreate all the bindings to your joystick.

I did it but nothing changed about the framerate, and I lost my logbooks. Can you tell me where can I recover them in the saved copies?

There is seriously something wrong with 1.5.7 and multiplayer servers with units, my group and my server will stay on 1.5.6 until this is fixed (no it is not better, maybe it is if you fly an empty mission, but who wants to play on that, 1.5.6 runs extremely smooth and fast compared to 1.5.7)

REALLY hoping for a patch tomorrow to fix 1.5.7

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

• 2 weeks later...

I too was hoping for 1.5 update (fix sling load crash and rope breaking)

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

• 2 weeks later...