Standing in the cockit???? With the rift cv1

Punisher74

He guys,

It been a very long time since I have written in the forums, let alone have played DCS. Well the Reason I'm back. I current have purchased a Oculus Rift CV1, and after I set up the rift and started DCS. Everything looks great, yet 1 thing when I load a mission to fly I am standing in my cockpit. Now do I have to rest the rift setting every time to a setting that shows my a midget in the cockpit. I have tried realigning my center but it still shows my standing. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Lt. Commander Jason "Punisher" M

Hardware:
i7 10700K 5 GHz Quad Core, Water-cooled , 32GBs 2400 DDR4 RAM, MSI Intel Z470A GAMING MB, MSI RTX 3080 GPU W/10GBs GDDR6X, 512GB NVME.2 SSD, 1TB NVME.2 SSD, 2TB External SSD, 2 512Gb SSD's & 1 350 Gb HARDDRIVE, WinWing Orion 2 Stick Base and Throttle Base, Quest 2, Windows 11 (64bit)

at start ; I do all the time a recenter ; in the first hangar windows

and

all the most time ... never after this

Clevo Sager - i7 6700-K 4.0Ghz OC@4.4Ghz - RAM 32GB DDR4 - VIDEO Nvidia 980 GTX 8Go - XFi SoundBlaster

VR with Oculus Rift - KGB Gunfighter-Pro + Cougar Gaz + Simped + volant T300 + pédalier LeoBodnar

When i enter the cockpit I'm always too close to the HUD, I use the num pad to alter this pressing ALT and 0 on the num pad saves the position during the flight. My problem though is with DCS 2 at the moment I have to do this every time I enter the cockpit now, before it would save that position every time unless I used the num pad to alter it. It saves it in DCS 1.5, does anyone know how to fix this?

Is there a difference between numpad 5 and re-set VR view in the UI layer? I assigned reset VR view to a button on my HOTAS and seems to work really well for me...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

The problem for me is that if I re center the view with num pad 5 I am too close to the HUD so I alter the position with the num pad keys and save it with num pad 0, now when I press num pad 5 it will re center fine. When I re start the mission I'm to close to the HUD and have to go through the process again. In DCS 1.5 once I save the position with num pad 5 it seems to remember the settings even after a reboot!

The problem for me is that if I re center the view with num pad 5 I am too close to the HUD so I alter the position with the num pad keys and save it with num pad 0, now when I press num pad 5 it will re center fine. When I re start the mission I'm to close to the HUD and have to go through the process again. In DCS 1.5 once I save the position with num pad 5 it seems to remember the settings even after a reboot!

Set up a macro with Vioceattack. Adapt and overcome.

Do you have 'User Snap-view' enabled in your 2.1 options?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

VoiceAttack is a software that translates your spoken command to a series of keystrokes. So basically you can say "Center View" and have it type out the series of keystrokes needed to center the view.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

• 3 weeks later...

what are the best settings for the rift/DCS for the rig I'm running (see details in signature). the main issues I'm seeing is that in the A-10C I can read the front dash and HUD fine. its the side panels I cannot read. Also my head turn radius SUCKS compared to track IR. Is there a way to increase it so I'm not shifting in my seat to look behind the aircraft.

attachment.php?attachmentid=166499&stc=1&d=1501208714

attachment.php?attachmentid=166500&stc=1&d=1501208716

vr.thumb.JPG.495d68edfab1c0e9f68a436042f3bd2e.JPG

vr2.thumb.JPG.a6dfc61390c5a357fd0dd3a0ab6f9b5b.JPG

Thanks,

Hardware:
i7 10700K 5 GHz Quad Core, Water-cooled , 32GBs 2400 DDR4 RAM, MSI Intel Z470A GAMING MB, MSI RTX 3080 GPU W/10GBs GDDR6X, 512GB NVME.2 SSD, 1TB NVME.2 SSD, 2TB External SSD, 2 512Gb SSD's & 1 350 Gb HARDDRIVE, WinWing Orion 2 Stick Base and Throttle Base, Quest 2, Windows 11 (64bit)

Unlike TIR, which magnifies head movement, movement in VR is one-to-one. No, there is no way to change it.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Unlike TIR, which magnifies head movement, movement in VR is one-to-one. No, there is no way to change it.

what about the text issues?

Thanks,

Hardware:

1. Try higher pixel density.

2. Make sure the rift is positioned optimally on your head. There's little sweet spot where the image quality is the best.

3. If you are near sighted, you need glasses in the Rift or corrective lenses.

4. Don't expect miracles.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Set up a macro with Vioceattack. Adapt and overcome.

did the same with VoiceAttack too

only need one time to do it in the UIG screen that's all :thumbup:

Clevo Sager - i7 6700-K 4.0Ghz OC@4.4Ghz - RAM 32GB DDR4 - VIDEO Nvidia 980 GTX 8Go - XFi SoundBlaster

VR with Oculus Rift - KGB Gunfighter-Pro + Cougar Gaz + Simped + volant T300 + pédalier LeoBodnar

• 2 weeks later...
1. Try higher pixel density.

2. Make sure the rift is positioned optimally on your head. There's little sweet spot where the image quality is the best.

3. If you are near sighted, you need glasses in the Rift or corrective lenses.

4. Don't expect miracles.

Last vision test 20/20 and Ye I have the sweet spot, its the super small text on the right and left panels like the radio, countermeasures panel, o2, etc. front dash, Hud is fine.

Thanks,

Hardware:

Unfortunatly the low res is something we just have to deal with for now. Honestly i really dont find it a problem anymore, anything i need for normal flight operations i can see fine. Some of the smaller items, freq dials etc. I only really have to play with when i'm not "flying" the aircraft, so i can use the VR zoom function to make out the really small stuff.

I think a big thing for VR is really learning and understanding your cockpit layout, switch positions, in combination with the VR zoom. I'm quite happy with my VR experience thus far, couldn't go back to monitors.

Edited by Shadow.D.