Saitek vs TM Rudder Pedals

I have the Saitek rudder pedals and find that I can't keep the Hog lined up on the runway during either take off or landing. It's been killing me. I couldn't figure it out. Then it dawned on me, due to the shape of the pedals and the height of my chair my toes are lightly applying the brakes (damnit man!). I tried the different angles but they didn't help.

I was looking at the TM pedals but don't feel like dropping $90 just to have the same problem.

I was hoping to get some feedback on 1) how to fix the Saiteks, or 2) if the TM pedals are better.

I use a desk chair which is completely in the up position so I can fit a buttkicker on the post. That leaves my legs at quite a steep angle and my feet in just the right position for an instructor to go "Oh hell no, get out of the seat now".

Thanks in advance.

Tank

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2017 Razer Blade w/ GTX1060

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

Buttkicker

It sounds like your best solution would be to elevate the pedals. The TMs might have a different angle but I agree that $90 to find out is a bit much.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Do you use a center stick? If so the TM is gonna be super uncomfortable. The pedals are rrally close together so you wil be sitting bow legged if the stick is in the center. Mine feels a little gritty and off center movements can be tricky due to some stiction. Mine came free with the Warthog when it was on sale which is why I have them. They are retired now since I just took delivery of my MFG crosswinds 2 days ago!

You can try to tune the brake axis and give it a bit of dead zone to alleviate the unintentional braking.

Alienware 17 R3: Intel i7 6820HK @ 4 GHz, 16 GB DDR4, GTX 980M, 1TB Samsung NVMe 951 SSD, AW Graphics Amplifier w/ GTX 1080, TM HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Monstertech, MFG Crosswind, Jetseat KW-908

Yea, I use a TM Warthog and sit on the base. However, I have a shameful bit of info I didn't think of until about a half hour after I posted this...

I may be able to set a deadzone so those slight toe presses get ignored. I am so ashamed :). I haven't tried it but I would think it would work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2017 Razer Blade w/ GTX1060

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

Buttkicker