Oculus Rift Summer sale

Koriel

Radio menu commands are also selectable with the mouse. You don't need the F keys at all.

I really have to try voice attack again though. I got frustrated with the program not recognizing my commands.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Radio menu commands are also selectable with the mouse. You don't need the F keys at all.

I really have to try voice attack again though. I got frustrated with the program not recognizing my commands.

${1}

Edited by BigDuke6ixx

When I first got voice attack I also had trouble.

I found a good mic is essential for clarity.

Teach windows your voice!

You can do this though the windows control panel. VERY Important!

The more you do this, the better it gets at recognizing words.

Make a plan!

Write down all the commands you will use and find words that are short and to the point and easy to remember.

Leave room for additional commands to be added later.

They do not need to make any sense, as long as the recognition works.

It took me a few tries before I got a profile I was happy with.

I can now,

Start the sim from the last screen before entering the cockpit by speaking!

Do a complete cold start and take off in the Gazelle without EVER touching the mouse!

This with a Hotas and multiple button boxes....... Sim Heaven!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

I'll definitely give it a shot again, but it I tried most of what you said.

Is the Oculus Rift microphone considered suitable? That's the only one I tried as that's the most practical solution.

I did the windows voice training at least ten times, but voice attack only recognized gibberish. I tried to use it with VAICOM by the way.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

That's good to know, I plan on using my mouse for cold starts so having the ability to bring up the radio with coolie hat and then choose with the mouse is nice.

I still plan on setting up voice attack later. One more week and my rift will be here. Unfortunately I'll be going on vacation the day after so I won't get too much time with it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Tried to fix the link here.

Edited by sze5003

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Nah we've got until 2019 before they release another according to some articles I read on Reddit.

I would also want people to believe that if I were Oculus. Anything else would halt sales completely on the CV1. Does it make sense to make several aggressive price cuts after about one year, and then planning to release the CV2 after another two years. Atleast I don't think so. The CV2 is probably alot closer than 2019.

I would also want people to believe that if I were Oculus. Anything else would halt sales completely on the CV1. Does it make sense to make several aggressive price cuts after about one year, and then planning to release the CV2 after another two years. Atleast I don't think so. The CV2 is probably alot closer than 2019.

That certainly would not hurt my feelings if it were, but I would be surprised.

On another note, after having my Rift for 6 months and not using my Track IR 5 since, I have now officially retired it. Unhooked it and uninstalled the software this morning, it is now safely tucked away as a memoir. Thank you NP for many years of great fun...

I will probably show it to my grandchildren in a few years and say - can you believe we used to use these LOL.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

On another note, after having my Rift for 6 months and not using my Track IR 5 since, I have now officially retired it. Unhooked it and uninstalled the software this morning, it is now safely tucked away as a memoir. Thank you NP for many years of great fun...

I will probably show it to my grandchildren in a few years and say - can you believe we used to use these LOL.

Track IR, now that takes me back. I got one in 2000. TIR, 3D glasses and iL2, great stuff but light years behind proper VR like we have now. I remember how people just couldn't work out in their heads how TIR worked. The principle of scaled head movement, which enabled the user to turn 180, check six and still look at the monitor, seemed far beyond their limited ability to understand such simple things. It was through that that I started to realise just how stupid the average person is.

The Rift mic is quite good with VA. I found that since I don't use the head phones my 5.1 speakers would flood the mic and VA would sometimes misunderstand or assume a command not given. Lowering the gain on the mic resolved the problem. Admittedly, headphones would be ideal but I like the full room sound environment.

I5 6600K @4.5, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP mobo, GMMAXX GTE Cooler, MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X gpu (factory OC), SoundBlaster X-F1 sound card, 16 gig Corsair Vengeance ddr4 ram @ 3200 , 3 ssd hds, EVGA 650 Gold Power supply, Saitek X52 Hotas and rudders, 2 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers, Pimax 5K+

The Rift mic is quite good with VA. I found that since I don't use the head phones my 5.1 speakers would flood the mic and VA would sometimes misunderstand or assume a command not given. Lowering the gain on the mic resolved the problem. Admittedly, headphones would be ideal but I like the full room sound environment.

I have found VA to be 99.999999% reliable.

I plan on retiring my TIR 5 as well once I receive my rift. I've had a nice time with it and when I first got it, was such a change. I hope the rift will surprise me.

Good to know that you don't need to use the headphones. Is there a way to remove them? Or maybe have only radio comms go through them? I have some nice klepsch speakers hooked up as my audio source.

I plan on retiring my TIR 5 as well once I receive my rift. I've had a nice time with it and when I first got it, was such a change. I hope the rift will surprise me.

That will pale in comparison to the change you are around to see. At least it did for me.

Good to know that you don't need to use the headphones. Is there a way to remove them? Or maybe have only radio comms go through them? I have some nice klepsch speakers hooked up as my audio source.

I actually found them to be quite good and prefer to use them myself, and I have a great Klipsch audio setup on my system. Having the phones and mic in the Rift is very convenient.

But yes, they are not intrusive and if you want to remove that is easily done.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Now I'm looking at jet seats but I can't seem to find anything in the US. Don't know if they are actual seats or just pads, from what I can tell.

Just pads that go over a seat that you already have. I ordered mine about two weeks ago and I've got to say, Andre has been very good in providing updates on the forum!

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Nice I'm thinking about it. I guess I need to check and see if my power adapter will work the other way around.

Nice I'm thinking about it. I guess I need to check and see if my power adapter will work the other way around.

I've been using the jetseat for a while now. It's been a great addition. Easy to find an adapter to fit to support a US power source. No issue. Can't wait to hear your Rift report. :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I've been using the jetseat for a while now. It's been a great addition. Easy to find an adapter to fit to support a US power source. No issue. Can't wait to hear your Rift report.

I'm excited I'll write up a quick review once I get it. Just sucks that this was an Amazon prime deal and I have prime but the bundle all shipped separately. Rift should be here Wednesday but I'm going on vacation Thursday so at least I'll set it up. Headset itself has not shipped yet.

Already got the gift card from Amazon but the controllers are coming the 25th.

I have a universal power adapter that has outputs and inputs for us, eu, aus, so forth.

I'm thinking of putting in an order for the jet seat. Did you use the $60 shipping option or the $30? Wondering what the difference is in speed. When my buddy in Poland sent me a wedding invitation it took like 2 months to get here.

I'm excited I'll write up a quick review once I get it. Just sucks that this was an Amazon prime deal and I have prime but the bundle all shipped separately. Rift should be here Wednesday but I'm going on vacation Thursday so at least I'll set it up. Headset itself has not shipped yet.

Already got the gift card from Amazon but the controllers are coming the 25th.

I have a universal power adapter that has outputs and inputs for us, eu, aus, so forth.

I'm thinking of putting in an order for the jet seat. Did you use the $60 shipping option or the $30? Wondering what the difference is in speed. When my buddy in Poland sent me a wedding invitation it took like 2 months to get here.

Cool, you don't need the controllers to fly DCS. But they sure are cool with the other VR games.

I bought my Jetseat about 10 months ago. To be honest, I can't remember what I selected for shipping. It took about 3 weeks or so to make it here in the Desert Southwest, (I think). I'll dig in a little bit for the details. Andre is great to work with.

Edit - my bad. The touch controllers come with the second sensor. That will help.

Edited by javelina1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Got myself the jetseat too. I gotta stop reading these miscellaneous threads lol you guys give me too many ideas.

Removal is a breeze (1 screw). Oculus even includes a little screwdriver for the job. Even reduces weight, not that that is a biggie in the first place.

I5 6600K @4.5, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP mobo, GMMAXX GTE Cooler, MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X gpu (factory OC), SoundBlaster X-F1 sound card, 16 gig Corsair Vengeance ddr4 ram @ 3200 , 3 ssd hds, EVGA 650 Gold Power supply, Saitek X52 Hotas and rudders, 2 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers, Pimax 5K+

The Rift is on Sale for the next 6 weeks:

https://www.oculus.com/cart/

Rift + Touch Bundle

Includes:

headset,

2x sensors,

Touch controllers,

Xbox One controller,

remote,

necessary cables,

and seven free titles available when you set up Rift+Touch, including Lucky's Tale, Medium, Toybox, Quill, Dead and Buried, Dragon Front, and Robo Recall.

And that for $399 (US) or €449 (NL)

Reminder, that the bundle set has been changed without notification.

The Oculus was selling the original Rift box + Touch Controllers with extra Sensor. The original box included the XBox controller + Oculus Remote.

But they have been making a new box for Rift, and after they ran out of the original box they have replaced it with the new box that does NOT include XBOX controller nor Remote.

The new box will come with two sensors + touch controllers + Rift.

But you don't need XBOX controller or the Remote because the new Touch Controllers replaces both and will be far far better now. So lower price for Rift and two sensors and touch controllers is far better as you can get XBOX controller cheaply aftermarket then.

So new orders has started to receive the new box (no controller + remote) but some batches got the old box (you got two shipping codes, one for the original Rift box (one sensor, rift, remote and controller) and second for Touch Controllers + second sensor)

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

How well would it actually work as the speaker system is not locked to your head position? Like is there a difference when you turn your head to left, and the right speaker starts to emit sound that left speaker did and left speaker does now emit more sound from left, but it is still positioned to your right side?

If the speaker audio system is unlocked to you, so example piston engine sound will always come from the front and firing enemy in 6' from rear, then it would work as your head turning would be natural.

But speaker system that follows the head motion would ruin all as your head direction and speaker position in audio system are changing constantly (left ain't left but can be on right).

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I like the built-in speakers with the Rift. They work quite well. Try 'em out before with another external headset.

Fri13, good question as far as the head tracking & sound alignment with an external headset. Not sure how'd that would work.