Il2 1946 and FSX killing LO/FC....

theGozr

Well Lockon is not getting popular at the moment!! Like i said before, ED mist the train by not listening some advices from members and They realy have to do some work into the online problems example the none existing turbulences ONLINE and more... the 6 DOF on FSX and addons weather, clouds, real planes routes etc..... It's just fantastic ... If only Lockon would have little bit of that...

Well what is your opinion ?

Alas I didn't touch Lockon/FC since FSX just because of turbulences that make you feel flying.. Many are looking for realism as well .

I need to come back into Lockon but those Online no turbulences just drive me nuts..

• Like 1

Fly it like you stole it..

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IL2 46 is good for the online stuff and for completeness but will not replace in the long term the TYPE of flight experience that Lockon provides. Modern stuff is modern stuff - Lockon'll draw in those people who want a different experience.

FSX has moved the flight experience forward -

With the FC AFM, Lockon moved it forward and LO:BS(6DOF, clickable pits, possible WAFM) will too.

But with the limited sim market can we get it all at the same time for ALL aspects of a sim.

There's a lot of people for whom Turbulence is not on their radars for the on-line activites. It just doesn't matter when you have avionics and missiles and squadron activities that provide lots of great flying and combat experiences. Adding it would be nice - but expecting a 2 year old engine to provide next gen experiences and getting the other details correct would be setting yourself up for disappointment.

I wasn't aware on the non-turbulence of the On-line - is this true for the AFM of the Su-25T as well? The on-line stuff will hold the community's interest - adding the turbulence would be cool. But at what price for FPS and extra testing?

Glad you asked though.

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

Trains pretty much gone for Lockon, not enough gameplay or potential for community addons to keep the interest going until ED release the next sim. Suspect this is mostly down to poor S/W architecture which only allowed ED to change things and even then with difficulty, hence slow and buggy patches/addons. A pity because it had a lot of promise.

I fly FSX on a regular basis, I don't fly Lo-mac that much anymore though. I still take up the SU-25 and SU-25T on a flight now and then only for the flightmodel.

Sure, they are competitors in the flightsim scene, but at the same time they are not, they are all covering different stuff. FSX gives you things you can't get in Lo-mac and vice versa.

Even though I got the different flightsims I think is worth my time (except a few, I can't afford them all). I'm still waiting for LOBS, Nothing can compete with that! But when I have LOBS, I won't quit flying FSX or any other sim as they are all different. Try landing a Boeing 777 in Lo-mac, or do a flight from ESSA to KLAX.

I think many here do as I, I don't buy one sim to skip the other, only if they are more or less "same thing, different name". I don't think sales has dropped that much due to the release of IL2: 1946 (the same as all IL2, except more planes, there are too many now, you won't fly them all) or FSX. None of them offer the same thing as Lo-mac or LOBS.

Is FSX and IL2: 1946 killing LOBS? Hell no! Nothing can kill LOBS except for ED wich could go "bah, let's drop this project." But they won't.

/Nasder, "I came, I saw, I got shot down."

IL2 1946 killing Lock-On? :music_whistling:

Over at the IL2 section of Hyperlobby they are saying that 1946 (or "Starwars" as they now call it) is killing IL2. :megalol:

I've said it once I'll say it again....... Nothing too these threads other than babies trying to get the nice new shiney toy they want by crying and "spitting the dummy out" :baby:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Was only a while back that you said that FighterOps was the new Lock-On killer....... no sign of it yet either.... is that why you didnt include it here as well..... buhahahahahaha

It's ridiculous to compare a civil flightsim with a combat one.

MSFS focusses on the 'procedural simmer' where LockOn focusses on the 'combat simmer', make no mistake, two very different type of flightsim experiences.

If you are a MSFS AND Lockon fan I'd understand if you like to see more 'procedural' stuff implemented in the combat sims, but 'combat simmers' don't have to support that view at all.

Of course it would be nice to have fully functioning TACANs all over a given map and of course it would be nice to have more realistic ATC or full blown accurate cockpits complete with every procedure and non-normal and abnormal checklists, but the focus of LockOn, or any combatsim for that matter, is not on procedural stuff. It's action oriented and I rather see more accurate representation of combat related stuff in combatsims instead of being able to track a TACAN for example.

Realistic Wingmen comms and tactics, realistic FAC comms, ability to plan and communicate with all forces on a mission, SAM reaction times and yes, one thing that I do miss: emergency procedures in case of being hit.

IL-2 is more of a rival to LockOn than MSFS, if any.

Two different era's are again two different gameplay styles and therefore won't fit the bill for every combat simmer either way.

Cheers.

EDIT And the crybabies screaming IL-2 1946 is 'starwars' and killing the series are full of it. You still have the same content as their so beloved game v4.05, so what exactly is the problem here? If you don't like the protoypes then don't use em.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

Well Lockon is not getting popular at the moment!! Like i said before, ED mist the train by not listening some advices from members and They realy have to do some work into the online problems example the none existing turbulences ONLINE and more... the 6 DOF on FSX and addons weather, clouds, real planes routes etc..... It's just fantastic ... If only Lockon would have little bit of that...

Well what is your opinion ?

Alas I didn't touch Lockon/FC since FSX just because of turbulences that make you feel flying.. Many are looking for realism as well .

I need to come back into Lockon but those Online no turbulences just drive me nuts..

I may be a little punchy from a slight hangover but are you seriously that taken with turbulence that's it has become a major priority for you?

Personally I don't care about that I fly all three sims (FS9, PFm).. I'll get 46 when the majority of servers online are running it and FSX I am about to order. I have to say though that each sim covers a different aspect and you either want to fly them all or just the ones that cover the type of aviation you're interested in.

IMO you cant compare the two or three sims ;) especially when there's always a mad rush around the newest sim released. But once you fly around long enough and learn all the new stuff these sims can do then sooner or later you're gonna want to fly a modern ship with stand off weapons. :pilotfly:

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

If this is the main thing that keeps you away from Lock On then you're really really funny to me.

Multiplayer in Lock On is a blast, and beats all the flight sims on the market.

Flying straight lines in FSX is not my thing, even with this beatiful weather engine. Sometimes I do some FSX flying but that's just cuz I get soft sometimes.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Only LOMAC can kill LOMAC.

Errr...Absolutely not! LOMAC is already dead. The killer's name is Flaming Cliffs. After deep investigation the murderer was captured and will be brought to justice soon enough. Guess waht's the FC's punisher's name? Hint: a shark is moving in the night....

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Guest IguanaKing

Both titles are more popular, that's undeniable. IL-2 requires less time commitment because there aren't any avionics or guided weapons complexities to deal with. FSX requires less time, well, because of the same reasons. I know I b***h a lot about the inaccuracies of the Western avionics in LOMAC, but FSX is REALLY bad...the MSFS series always has been. They both sell more copies than LOMAC and/or Flaming Cliffs, does that mean they're good simulations? (Yes, IL-2 is a good sim, but I still don't care for FSX) Britney Spears sells a lot of albums, does that mean she's a good artist? :D Air traffic? Plane routes? There actually isn't all that much air traffic over Ukraine (the region that's modelled), its almost all commercial and military.

This kinda goes back to an earlier thread about the genre. Flight sims were MUCH more popular in the 80's. Much of the reason for that is because computers were not friendly to the masses like they are now. It was only us geeks who even knew how to run them or wanted to have anything to do with them. Well...we just also happened to like complex flight sims. These days, everybody has a PC, so there ya go. :)

I agree that after flying Lockon the ground of il2 look too old now as well of the sight distance it's just intolerable to me at the moment. I had some stick time on a Mig 15 and soko and various planes so i kind of know what is flying and Turbulences are just so important they can be big small or just some vibration/frictions many other winds air mass etc... What i'm looking for Lomac is to have a good ONLINE experience of flight and combat not only shooting someone at 150 km away.

The simulation do not compete on the era or what ever aspect of the sim but on time consuming for the pilots. They are very different to each other for sure " Besure" !!

FSX as no weapon but the weather when coupled with AcvtiveSKy and some other traffic software are incredible. I have all the ww2 possible to get for fsx and some jets as well . for teh love of flying yes FSX is quite good, Lomac can be exeptional he they can had those effects and add 6 dof for all plane. Th eproblem is that the will do only for teh helicopter.. well that's a bummer i'm not attracted by helicopter .. :( i wish they could spend more time into the physics and less time on bullets ricochets.

PS:If someone downloaded my config for lomac they would have some gain on fps with out loosing teh beauty of the image ;)

Fly it like you stole it..