Update 1.5.7.7473.311 massive Labels discrepancy with 4 monitors

majapahit

After updating to Update 1.5.7.7473.311 (which runs really smoothly) I noticed a bug with my 4 monitors setup.

Display of labels his major 'offset' (like 3 mile to the right @ 3 miles).

Using 4 monitors in T-formation

5760 x 2160

When testing using only one monitor 1080p, there's no problem.

Attached a screenshot.

531431676_LABELSmassiveoffsetScreen_170712_230849.thumb.jpg.0d2c2de544970e5908fc8ccae5a4b14e.jpg

DCSaircraftlabelsoffset.thumb.jpg.85bfe7982f538478913ced4e0e646b30.jpg

Edited by majapahit

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

This was Introduced in 2.x a while ago and reported a few times, but wasn't in 1.5... Looks like we now don't have a version without it :(

I find it difficult to understand why a reported bug from 2.0 has made it into 1.5

See one of the threads about this bug in the alpha https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=187610

You can fix it in 2.0 by removing the UIMainView = GUI line from you monitor configuration, although that does mess up the GUI, which is not desirable.

Alternatively, you can fix it by setting the GUI x value to 0. IE x=0; rather than the width of your screen. This places the Gui on the Leftmost Monitor, and for me messes up my initial Headtracker view because I have to look over to the left to press Play in the Mission.

Note: the labels are offset one "GUI" width to the right.

Come on guys... I can live with it in an Alpha or Beta, but don't start giving us the same bugs in the Release version.

...1.2.3. Duck...

Edited by mkiii

to 'fix'/workaround in 1.5.7.x

define your GUI starting left screen

your radio messages etc,

will then also appear on left screen (not bad actually)

GUI=
       {
       x = 0;     -- <======= This fixes Labels, GUI on left screen
       y = 0;
       width = 1920    ;
       height = 1200 ; or 1080 if you have 1080p
       }

UIMainView = GUI
-- UIMainView = Viewports.Center

DO YOU READ THIS DCS,

labels are fixed with GUI starting at the left screen,

so ......

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

to 'fix'/workaround in 1.5.7.x

define your GUI starting left screen

your radio messages etc,

will then also appear on left screen (not bad actually)

GUI=
       {
       x = 0;     -- <======= This fixes Labels, GUI on left screen
       y = 0;
       width = 1920    ;
       height = 1200 ; or 1080 if you have 1080p
       }

UIMainView = GUI
-- UIMainView = Viewports.Center

DO YOU READ THIS DCS,

labels are fixed with GUI starting at the left screen,

so ......

Once I do this.... is there anything else I need to do when I start a mission... or just start as usual?

Once I do this.... is there anything else I need to do when I start a mission... or just start as usual?

start as usual

your GUI (& the game messages) will be on the left screen, that's all

(and the labels not in a crazy place)

you can make your GUI 1,2, 3 etc wide bytheway,

all will fix labels as long as you start with x=0

(apparently labels overlay x coordinate had a parameter in its equation set to the fixed left x parameter of the GUI, an oopsie)

Or remove the UIMainView = GUI line or indeed the whole GUI = section.

Either way, it is now not working correctly.

One problem if you are using head tracking, is that all radio, help text, and other messages are now displayed on the left hand monitor, which means that your view is no longer out of the windscreen.

Edited by mkiii

Or remove the UIMainView = GUI line or indeed the whole GUI = section.

Either way, it is now not working correctly.

One problem if you are using head tracking, is that all radio, help text, and other messages are now displayed on the left hand monitor, which means that your view is no longer out of the windscreen.

\I use track IR... and the messages were always on the left anyway... should they not have been?

If you defined the GUI to be the centre screen then no, they will appear on that screen. This setting is not there by default, you have to add it.

If you don't define the GUI= Position, and leave it to DCS, then it is spread across the width defined in Viewports.Center etc, and radio messages etc will appear on the right. If you use the default 3Cameras.lua which has the UI set to UIMainView = Viewports.Center then theis stuff is confined to the middle screen. The problem arises when you use NVidia surround and a wide 1 screen type setup. There are plenty of topics on the forums describing this, and covering it all here will risk HIjacking the tread I think.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
has the issue been addressed yet?

nope

• 2 weeks later...