Huey slingload bug

Reflected

That bug persist form more than one year, i'm pretty sure it happens on the civil version of the huey non tested in the militar one, but it's a known bug reported but never solved. it happens even if the autounhook is activated and even if the cargo is dropped with the emergency unhook

Edited by grabby

• 1 month later...

Bug still present in 1.5.7.8899.

Both autounhook and unhook because cargo is destroyed are bugged. Cargo weight is still computed to the helicopter after dropping it.

PROOF, CHECK VIDEO:

1. Select 2000 lb cargo

2. Check hover torque: 25-27

3. Manually hook cargo

4. Lift cargo

5. Activate autounhook

6. Place cargo on ground

7. Cargo is auntounhooked upon touchdown

8. Check hover torque: 36!!! It has increased 10 units, cargo weight is still in the helicopter.

9. Select 700 lb cargo

10. Hoover autohook cargo

11. As soon as the message "cargo hooked" appears, the helicopter weight is reset and the now excess torque skyrockets the aircrafta. Collective is not moved until much later.

OTOH, emergency unhook seems to work fine.

CHECK VIDEO:

1. Select 2000 lb cargo

3. Manually hook cargo

4. Lift cargo

5. Place cargo on ground

6. Used emergency unhook to unhook cargo

7. Land and check hover torque: nominal 25-27 as before

8. Select 700 lb cargo

9. Hoover autohook cargo.

All seems fine here, no weight change detected.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Still no news on this bug??

DCS 1.5.7.10872.388

Here is a track mission in attachment. It's been a while so I'm a bit slow, please bear with me.

EDIT: I replaced the originally uploaded track with a shorter one. This time I didn't have the missing smoke problem I had in the first.

1 - designating a 1000-kg load

2 - hooking the load

3 - auto un-hooking the load

=> the helicopter feels as if the load was still impacting the mass of the helicopter

4 - designating a 1500-kg load

=> this time, there is smoke

5 - hooking

=> the helicopter is suddenly much lighter

6 - auto un-hooking the load

=> same heavy feeling (check also the EGT and the torque that are quite high for an unloaded helicopter)

Would it be possible for Belsimtek to at least give some feedback on this bug, is it known to them, do they plan to fix it at some point, do they need more data?

Thanks!

UH1H.cargos2.ko.trk

Edited by Redglyph

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting, but yes, just tested it and it's the same problem in 2.1.1.11317.285 so it must be specific to that part of the weight management.

I don't think this problem has been acknowledged, and Belsimtek is absent from those forums again so I have no idea how to report it... always a bit frustrating.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• ED Team
Bug still present in 1.5.7.8899._1. Select 2000 lb cargo

3. Manually hook cargo

4. Lift cargo

5. Activate autounhook

6. Place cargo on ground

7. Cargo is auntounhooked upon touchdown

8. Check hover torque: 36!!! It has increased 10 units, cargo weight is still in the helicopter.

now was fixed in dev-version. For the user version will be available in the nearest update. Sorry for delay!